Sonja Sohn - Bio, Net Worth, Sonja John, Actress, Movies, TV Shows, Awards, Race, Arrested, Drug Possession, Cocaine, Husband, Children, Age, Facts
Sonja Sohn is an American actress and director who is best known for her role as Detective Samantha Baker on the ABC series "Body of Proof" and as Detective Kima Gregs on the HBO drama "The Wire". She currently works as the leader of a Baltimore community initiative called ReWired for Change. She also co-wrote the movie "Slam" where she played the starring role.
What is Sonja Sohn famous for?
- Famous as American actress and director
- Famous for her role of Detective Samantha on the ABC series "Body of Proof".
Trending: The actress, Sonja Sohn got arrested for drug possession on Sunday night
Recently on 21st July 2019, Sonja Sohn got arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia in Manteo, North Carolina. She was also cited for driving the car with an expired registration and a revoked license on Sunday midnight. She was pulled over by Dare County sheriffs deputies around midnight She got released from the jail on Monday with a bail amount of $1,500. She would be appearing on the court on 23rd July 2019 on Tuesday.
Sonja Sohn: Birth date and early life
Sonja Sohn was born on 9th May 1964 in Fort Benning, Georgia, US. Her birth name is Sonja Williams. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is Black. Tauras is her zodiac sign.
She was born to a Black ethics family. She is the only child of her parents.
She was raised in her hometown, Georgia. She did her schooling from Warwick High School. She also acted in school dramas. After her graduation, she also worked as a slam poet. She was offered a role in the film "Slam" after her performance on the stage. She also appeared in the movie "Work" in 1996.
Sonja Sohn: Career
- Sonja Sohn started her professional acting career by appearing in a dramatic movie "Slam" in the year 1998. She also was the screenwriter of the movie. She won a Gotham Award for her role in the movie.
- After the movie "Slam", she also appeared in the movie "Shaft" and "Bringing out the dead" in 2000.
- In the year 2002, she started playing the starring role of Detective Shakima in the TV series "The Wire".
- She also won the 2008 Asian Excellence Award for best-supporting television actress. She left the series in the year, 2008.
- She also acted in the movies such as Perfume(2001), G(2002) and The Killing Zone(2003).
- In the year 2008, she co-starred in the movie "Set Up 2: The Streets" in the role of Sarah.
- She also appeared in an episode of CBS series "The Good Wife" in the year, 2010.
- She played the starring role of Detective Samantha in the ABC series "Body of Proof" from 2011 to 2012.
- She has appeared in many movies such as "The Wire: The Musical", "The Missing Girl", and "Domain".
- She has also acted in many TV series such as "Burn Notice", "The Originals", "Luke Cage", "Shut Eye", and "The Chi".
- In the year 2017, she became the director of TV series "Baltimore Rising".
- In 2019, she played the role of Myra in the movie "High Flying Bird".
- She also appeared in two episodes of TV series "Star Trek: Discovery" in 2019.
Sonja Sohn: Married, Husband, Children
The American actress, Sonja Sohn was married to Adam Plack. They tied the knot in 2003. Adam Plack is an Australian didgeridoo player, composer, and producer. The couple was blessed with two daughters, Sophia and Sakira. They got divorced in 2011 due to some problems.
At present, she is single and is not in any relationship. She currently lives in Los Angels, New York. She has also won Grand Jury Prize in the year 1998. She is also active in social media with 22.1k followers on Instagram. She was also involved in political activism in Obama's 2008 Presidental Campaign.
Sonja Sohn: Net Worth and Salary
The American actress and director, Sonja Sohn has a good amount of earning from her profession. She has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million as of 2019. Her salary has not been revealed yet.
Her worth includes all her property and her present earnings. She also earns additional income from her different endorsement deals.
Sonja Sohn: Body measurements
The 55 years aged, Sonja Sohn has a well-maintained body. She stands with a height of 5ft 5inches(1.65cm). She has a body weight of 58kg(128 lbs).
She has a dark complexion with black hair and brown eyes. Her body measurement is 34-25-35 inches.
Trivias About Sonja Sohn You Need To Know.
- Her mother was a South Korean.