Sooyoung Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Married, Family, Parents, Siblings, Birthday, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Size, Awards, Facts, Shows
Sooyoung is a South Korean actress, singer and songwriter who is well known to be a member of the K-pop girl group, "Girls' Generation". She performed as a lead dancer, lead rapper, and supporting vocalist in the group which debuted in 2007 and soon went on to become one of the best-selling artists in South Korea and one of South Korea's most popular girl groups worldwide.
Her actual singing debut was with the Korean-Japanese girl group, "Route 0" in 2002. Apart from her singing career, she is also an actress who made her debut in the television drama; "The Third Hospital"(2012). Her recent appearance was on the dramas; "Run On"(2021) and "So I Married the Anti-fan"(2021).
Besides, she has also worked as a model, a television VJ, and a radio DJ. With her up growing popularity, she has managed to amass a healthy fan following over 6.5 million followers on her verified Instagram: @sooyoungchoi and over 440k subscribers on her YouTube channel: the sootory 더수토리.
What is Sooyoung famous for?
- Famous as a singer and actress.
- Known as a member of a girl group, "Girl's Generation".
Where is Sooyoung from?
Sooyoung was born on February 10, 1990, in Gwangju, Gyeonggi, South Korea. Her birth name is Choi Soo-young which in Hangul is 최수영. Her nationality is South Korean. Sooyoung belongs to Asian ethnicity while is her zodiac sign.
Born as the youngest daughter to her parents; Moon Sohee(mother) and Choi Jungnam(father), Sooyoung grew up in her hometown Gwangju alongside her elder sister, Choi Soo Jin who also is an actress and singer. Growing up, she looked upon her sister following whose path she decided to become a singer.
Her talent led her to be discovered while she was in her 5th grade only. She was just 12 years old when she won first place at the 2002 Korea-Japan Ultra Idol Duo Audition.
Apart, she attended the JeongShin Women's High School from where she got graduated in 2009. Later on, she went to major in film studies and graduated from Chung-Ang University in February 2016.
Sooyoung’s Career HIghlights
- Sooyoung started off her career making her debut in the Japanese-Korean idol group, "Route 0" alongside Marina in 2002.
- The group however got disbanded a year later in 2003.
- She then became a trainee at SM Entertainment and eventually debuted in South Korea as a member of the girl group Girls' Generation in August 2007.
- Alongside 7 other members, she went on to make history with the release of their hit single, "Gee"(2009).
- The group went on to become one of the best-selling artists in South Korea giving several other hit songs.
- Apart from her singing carer, she was also involved in acting as well. She had made appearances on "Unstoppable Marriage"(2007), "Hello, Schoolgirl"(2008), "Oh! My Lady"(2010).
- She wrote the lyrics for "How Great is Your Love"(2011), "What Do I Do"(2016), and "Sailing(0805)"(2016).
- She also co-wrote the song, "Baby Maybe" in 2013.
- She landed her first major acting role in tvN's medical drama, "The Third Hospital" in 2012.
- A year later, in 2013, she was cast in the romantic comedy-drama, "Dating Agency: Cyrano".
- In 2014, she played a lead role in MBC's melodrama, "My Spring Days".
- She starred as the female lead in KBS2's special drama, "Perfect Sense" in 2015.
- In 2016, she starred as the female lead in the OCN crime drama, "Squad 38".
- In 2017, she played the role of a television producer in the JTBC web drama, "Someone You Might Know" and also in "Man in the Kitchen".
- In 2020, she starred in the OCN drama, "Tell Me What You Saw".
- She played the role of Seo Dan-ah in the romance drama, "Run On"(2020-21).
- In 2021, she played the role of Lee Guen-young in "I Married the Anti-fan".
- The same year, she appeared in the Netflix original series, "Move to Heaven".
Sooyoung’s Love Life Who is she Dating?
Sooyoung isn't married yet, however, is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend, Jung Kyung-ho. Kyung-ho is a popular South Korean actor who is well-recognized for his leading roles in "Smile, You"(2009), "Heartless City"(2013), "When the Devil Calls Your Name"(2019), and "Hospital Playlist"(2020).
The couple met for the first time while they were attending the same university and began to get more closer while they began visiting the same church. They began dating officially in early 2013 which Kyung-ho confirmed himself in January 2014. Since 2013, the couple has been together for over 8 years.
Sooyoung’s Net worth
Sooyoung seems to have quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer and actress. Her career which started with "Route 0" in 2002, Sooyoung worked hard to establish herself to be one of the popular singers thanks to her singing skills as a member of "Girl's Generation".
Other of her source of income includes her acting roles in dramas and series. Her contract with SM Entertainment and other companies has increased her income including which she has a net worth estimated t be around $10 million.
Sooyoung’s Height and Weight
Sooyoung is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her 30s. Being a K-pop artist, Sooyoung has managed quite well to maintain her body fit and skinny with her regular strict diets and exercises.
She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inches(1.70 m) while her body weighs 52kg(115 lbs). Her body measurement is around 32-23-34 inches with her beautiful brown eyes and black hair.