Stacey Dooley - Bio, Net Worth, Partner, Husband, Married, Nationality, Age, Family, Parents, Height, Size, Sister, Wiki, Facts, Hair, Awards, Career
Anastacia Jaclyn Dooley, better known as Stacey Dooley, is an English television presenter, journalist, media personality, and author who got recognition for her appearance on the British TV documentary series "Blood, Sweat, and T-shirts" in 2008. Dooley is also famous for winning the sixteenth series of the British television dance contest "Strictly Come Dancing" along with her dance partner and boyfriend, Kevin Clifton in 2018. She also has been presenting the British reality television competition "Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star" since 2019.
She also has hosted numerous social-issue-themed BBC documentaries on child labor including Tourism and the Truth: Stacey Dooley Investigates. Besides, she is active in the social media platform with around 928k followers on her verified Instagram account: @sjdooley.
What is Stacey Dooley famous for?
- Famous as an English television presenter, journalist, media personality, and author
- Known for her appearance on the British TV documentary series "Blood, Sweat, and T-shirts"
Where is Stacey Dooley from?
Stacey Dooley was born on March 9, 1987, in Luton, Bedfordshire, England. Her birth name is Anastacia Jaclyn Dooley. She holds English nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Pisces is her zodiac sign. She is of Irish-English descent. She is Christain by religion.
Dooley was born in a well-to-do family in Luton. When she was just two years old, her father left the family. So, her mother, Diane raised her as a single parent. She was raised in her hometown, Luton, Bedfordshire. She did her schooling at Stopsley High School before leaving her studies at the age of 15. Then, she assisted her mother by working as a shop assistant, selling perfumes at Luton Airport. In addition to that, she has also worked in a hairdresser's salon in Bramingham
Stacey Dooley Career: Highlights
- Stacey Dooley came into prominence in April 2008 after she became a contestant on the documentary TV series "Blood, Sweat, and T-shirts". In the show, she was selected to illustrate the typical fashion-obsessed consumer along with other participants.
- She then started presenting her own show "Stacey Dooley Investigates" in 2009 which she got to run after the producers became impressed with her interest in labor laws in developing countries
- In the year 2011, another series titled "Tourism and the Truth: Stacey Dooley Investigates" aired on BBC Three. In the show, she investigated how tourism in Thailand and Kenya affects employees there, in particular concerning wages, corruption, and environmental changes
- Then in 2012, she hosted another documentary series for BBC Three titled "My Hometown Fanatics". In the same year, she also presented a three-part documentary series "Coming Here Soon"
- She also narrated the documentary "2012: Superstorm USA: Caught on Camera".
- She presented the British reality television series "Don't Tell the Bride" for 4 episodes from 2015-2016.
- In her successful career, she has created and presented many documentaries series including "Sex in Strange Places", "Stacey Dooley in Cologne: The Blame Game", "Sex For Sale In Japan", "Canada’s Lost Girls", ", "Stacey Dooley in the USA", "The Natives: This Is Our America", "Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over", and "Brainwashing Stacey".
- From 2011-2017, she was the presenter of a CBBC documentary series "Show Me What You're Made Of". The series focuses on British children as they go around the world to experience some of the world's toughest jobs for themselves.
- Dooley has been presenting the British reality television competition "Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star" since 2019.
- She also was the guest presenter of the British television magazine and chat show program "The One Show" for five episodes in 2019.
- In the year 2018, she participated in a BBC show "Celebrities on the NHS Front-line".
- In the same year, she presented more challenging issues such as child exploitation, sex offenders, war, domestic violence, and pollution in the fashion industry in her 2018 series of Stacey Dooley Investigates. She also won a One World Media Award for coming face to face with an ISIS soldier during the show. Also, the episodes of the series won the title of the Most-Watched Documentaries on BBC iPlayer.
- Besides presenting documentaries, she is the winner of the 16th series of the British television dance contest "Strictly Come Dancing" along with her dance partner and boyfriend, Kevin Clifton.
- In addition to that, Dooley published her debut book "On the Front Line with the Women Who Fight Back" in February 2018. The book concerns sex trafficking, domestic violence, gender equality, and child exploitation.
- She also made her appearance in Jessie Ware’s music video for "Save a Kiss" in 2020.
- As of now, she is busy working on her upcoming series "This Is MY House" which is set to be premiered in 2021.
Stacey Dooley Awards and Honors
- Stacey Dooley was appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2018 Birthday Honours for her services to broadcasting.
- Her program "Stacey Dooley: Face To Face With ISIS" won the 2018 Popular Features Award at the One World Media Awards.
Stacey Dooley Boyfriend
Stacey Dooley is not married. However, she is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend, Kevin Clifton. Clifton is a professional dancer on the BBC TV series "Strictly Come Dancing".He also was the dancing partner of Dooley in the 16th series of Strictly Come Dancing which they ultimately won. The couple has been dating each other since 2019. At present, she is living a happy life in London.
Previously, she was in a relationship with her ex-boyfriend, Sam Tucknott. Dooley describes herself as a feminist and has been making documentaries regarding gender equality.
Stacey Dooley Net Worth
Stacey Dooley has quite good earnings from her career as a television presenter, author, media personality, and journalist. Having made her TV debut in the TV series "Blood, Sweat, and T-shirts" in 2008, Dooley has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular and successful presenters in her 12 years long career. She has presented various social-issue-themed BBC documentaries in her career. Including all her earnings from shows and documentaries, Dooley has managed to earn a healthy fortune estimated to be around $1.2 million.
Stacey Dooley Height
Stacey Dooley is a beautiful lady with a well maintained average body physique in her early 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 1inches while her body weighs around 48kg. Her body measurement is around 32-26-32 inches. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Stacey Dooley You Need To Know.
- Georgia Senate nominee, Jon Ossoff was the executive producer of Stacey Dooley 2016’s Stacey on the Frontline: Girls, Guns & Isis, and the 2018 Stacey Dooley Investigates episode Face to Face with Isis.
- She got criticized for appointing a Turkish woman as a false Syrian sex worker living in Istanbul in her series "Sex in Strange Places".
- She traveled to India as one of the participants in the documentary television series Blood, Sweat, and T-shirts in 2008.
- She has been appointed as a member of the judging panel for The Observer Ethical Awards two times.
- Dooley has appeared in Jessie Ware’s music video for "Save a Kiss"