Stacey Plaskett - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Nationality, Age, Parents, Family, Height, Wiki, Education, Facts, Party, Awards, Children
Stacey Plaskett is an American politician, attorney, and commentator who is well known as the Delegate to the United States House of Representatives from the United States Virgin Islands' at-large district. With the position, she became the 5th elected non-voting member of the House of Representatives and the first one who worked as a House manager during the second impeachment trial of Donald Trump.
She has been a member of the Democratic party since 2008 for over 13 years now as of 2021. While she was a student, she even spoke at the General Assembly of the United Nations and was awakened about her commitment to public service and a deep sense of responsibility to others.
She was the sole Black woman in the Senate chamber who presented House Democrats' argument related to Trump's role in both organizing and ordering the attack on the nation's citadel of democracy. Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 252k followers on Twitter: @StaceyPlaskett.
What is Stacey Plaskett Famous for?
- Famous as a Delegate to the United States House of Representatives.
Where is Stacey Plaskett From?
Stacey Plaskett was born on May 13, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York, United States. Her birth name is Stacey Plaskett. Her nationality is American. Plaskett belongs to African-American ethnicity while Taurus is her zodiac sign.
Stacey Plaskett was born as the daughter of her well-to-do parents who both came from Saint Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. Her father was a New York City police officer and her mother was a clerk in the court system. Her parents were always supportive as their home New York was often home for students and other recent migrants.
She initially lived in the John F. Kennedy housing community on St. Croix where she attended Brooklyn Friends and Grace Lutheran for elementary schooling. She also joined Choate Rosemary Hall, where she was a varsity athlete and served as class president for several years.
She graduated with a degree in History and Diplomacy from the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University in 1988. She even spoke on behalf of universities in the DC area at the General Assembly of the United Nations while she was a student. She then got graduated earning a J.D. degree from American University Washington College of Law in 1994.
After graduating from law school, Plaskett worked as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx, New York.
Stacey Plaskett's Career Highlights
- Stacey Plaskett started her career initially as an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting several hundred cases even in the Narcotics Bureau.
- She then worked as a consultant and legal counsel and then as counsel on the Republican-led US House of Representatives.
- She also worked at the Justice Department as a Republican political appointee of President George W. Bush.
- She served as Counsel for the Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division, and also as Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Torts Branch in the Civil Division.
- She switched from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party in late 2008.
- In 2012, Plaskett went on for nine-term delegate Donna Christian-Christensen and eventually won the election. Since 2012, she has remained undefeated and has been winning elections again and again.
- On January 12, 2021, Plaskett was named as a House impeachment manager for the second impeachment of Donald Trump.
- She was the sole Black woman in the Senate chamber who presented House Democrats' argument related to Trump's role in both organizing and ordering the attack on the nation's citadel of democracy.
Stacey Plaskett's Husband
Stacey Plaskett is married to her only husband, Jonathan Buckley Small. Jonathan is an American community activist and former professional tennis player with whom she has been married for years and has 5 children together. She was quite young when she got married as their eldest son was born during her senior year at Georgetown, her second in between law school and the third son during her second year of law school.
At the time of her law school graduation, her 3 sons were under the age of 5. As of 2021, the couple has been living a blissful lifestyle along with their 5 children.
Besides, back at the time in 2016, Stacey and her husband dealt with a serious breach of personal privacy when nude photos of both of them were circulated on Facebook by former staffers. She even sheltered in her office during the storming of the United States Capitol on Jan 6, 2021, and avoided contact with Republican colleagues who refused to wear face masks.
Stacey Plaskett's Net Worth
Stacey Plaskett has quite good earnings from her professional career as a politician, attorney, and commentator. Having her career started initially as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx, New York, Plaskett has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent politicians in her decade-long career.
With her powerful work and passion, Plaskett has surely been able to amass a healthy fortune which is estimated to be around $2 million.
Stacey Plaskett's Height
Stacey Plaskett is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained hour-glass body physique even in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 6ft. (1.82m) while her body weighs around 60kg.
Her body measurement is around 37-26-35 inches with a bra size of 37B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 7(US) as her shoe size. She has a brown complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.
Trivias About Stacey Plaskett You Need To Know.
- Stacey is an African-Caribbean attorney, commentator, and politician.
- She is an active community advocate in the Virgin Islands.
- She is known for her understanding of Caribbean economic development and public-private partnerships for growing the economy of developing areas.
- She has practiced law in New York City, Washington DC, and the US Virgin Islands.
- In the year 2008, she changed her Party to Democratic Party from Republican Party.