Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 01:24 pm
Facts About Stan Mikita
|83 Years Old
|Ice Hockey Player
|Place Of Birth
|7th August, 2018
|Cause Of Death
|Lewy body dementia
|4: Meg, Scott, Jane and Christopher
|$10 Million (2018)
One of the popular professional ice hockey players was named as Stanislav Mikita a player for the Chicago Black Hawks of the National Hockey League. He was a well-known celebrity. He was famous for his contribution to professional life. He was best at the Centre position. He was a very talented and skilled player. His best at the right shot. At the age of 78, Stan left the world on 7th August 2018.
Early Life of Stan
Passionate and enthusiastic player, Stan Mikita was born on 20th May 1940. He was born and raised in Sokolce, the city of Slovak Republic. He was adopted by Joe Mikita and Anna Mikita, his Uncle, and Aunt. His nationality is Slovak. His astrological sign is Taurus. At the small age, he began his career with ice hockey.
Body Features of Stan
Stan has got a great personality. Talking about his body, his height is 1.75 m. His weight is of 77 Kg. He has a balanced body with good health. He has an attractive body figure. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers.
Career of Stan
- He started his career with the St. Catharines. He played in this club for 3 seasons and later promoted in Chicago Black Hawks in the year 1959.
- He played the full year of 1961 and won Stanley Cup by the total scoring of six.
- The season of 1967-1968 was also won by the Chicago player.
- Later, he wins the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.
- After winning the trophy, he teamed up with Chicago businessman Irv Tiahnybik to form the American Hearing Impaired Hockey Association (AHIHA) in the year 1973.
- He was also one of the first players to wear a helmet full time in which an errant shot tore a piece off one of his ears. Later, it was stitched.
- He then later suffered by chronic back injuries, leading to his retirement during the 1979–80 season.
- Mikita proved himself as a talented player and was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1983 and also into the Slovak Hockey Hall of Fame in 2002.
- He then became a golf pro at Kemper Lakes Golf Club after his retirement.
- Mikita was diagnosed with oral cancer on 24th May 2011. And later he was having Lewy body dementia, a progressive disease.
- Later, it was revealed that due to his illness, he has no memory of his former life and is being cared for by his wife Jill in the month of June.
- He appeared as himself in a cameo role in the film Wayne's World.
- At the age of 78, on 7th August 2018, he died.
Personal Life of Stan
Stan is a married man with Jill Mikita. The couple married in the year of 1963. They seem to be very happy with each other. The couple makes public appearances together often. There is no any sign of Separation between them. They are living peacefully. The couple is blessed with 4 children named Meg, Scott, Jane, and Christopher.
This excellent player makes good money from his work. His net worth as of 2018 was $10 Million.