Last updated on December 17th, 2022 at 05:42 pm
Facts About Stephen Boss
|Celebrated Name||Stephen Boss|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Stephen Boss|
|Profession||Dancer , Actor , Choreographer|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Montgomery, AL|
|Education||Southern Union State Community College and Chapman University|
|Children||Three (One - Adopted)|
|Height||6 feet 0 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
The multi-talented actor, Stephen Boss aka tWitch was engaged in different fields of the entertainment industry. He was a freestyle hip-hop dancer, choreographer, entertainer, and TV producer by profession. He was known for his appearances in the TV show called "So You Think You Can Dance" where he was nominated for an Emmy for Choreography in the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards with his fellow contestant Katee Shean during season 4. He served as the DJ for the Ellen DeGeneres Show. He served as host with his wife on Disney's "Fairy Tale Weddings" on the Freeform Network and Disney+. Further, he had more than 4M followers on his Instagram, 212.4K followers on his Twitter, and 669K followers on his Facebook account as of 2022. He received the nickname ‘tWitch’ in his childhood as he would constantly be popping and ticking instead of sitting still. Sadly, Stephen dies on December 13, 2022, at the age of 40. To know more about him, you can read the below to the end.
Stephen Boss Cause Of Death
Stephen Boss passed away on December 13, 2022 (Tuesday). He dies at 40. His wife, Allison Holker, informed officials at the Los Angeles Police Department that he had left their home without taking his car, which was unusual behavior. Police received a call about a shooting at the Oak Tree Inn in Encino, Los Angeles, where Boss was found dead after failing to check out of the hotel. His death cause was ruled a suicide.
Boss was found dead on Tuesday inside his hotel room's bathroom. A maid went to his room after he failed to check out at 11 a.m. "To say he left a legacy would be an understatement, and his positive impact will continue to be felt," Boss's Allison said. "I am certain there won't be a day that goes by that we won't honor his memory. We ask for privacy during this difficult time for myself and especially for our three children."
What was Stephen Boss Famous For?
- Stephen Boss was a freestyle hip-hop dancer, choreographer, entertainer, actor, television producer, and television personality.
- He was famous for his stint on So You Think You Can Dance (2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Where was Stephen Boss from?
Going back to his early life, Stephen was born under the birth sign of Libra to his parents on 29th September 1982. He was from Montgomery, Alabama, United States. His birth name is Stephen Laurel Boss. His mother's name is Connie Boss Alexander whereas he had not revealed the name of his father. He had a brother with whom he spent her childhood. He held American nationality and his ethnicity was Afro-American.
For education, he attended Lee High School in his hometown and graduated in 2000. He then studied Dance Performance at Southern Union State Community College and later enrolled at Chapman University. in California.
What does Stephen Boss do?
- Talking about his career journey, Stephen appeared on MTV's The Wade Robson Project in 2003 and later appeared in the television talent competition Star Search.
- In 2007, He first auditioned for Season 3 but was not selected to be in the Top Twenty.
- After a year, He returned to audition again in Season 4 in 2008, where he was selected to compete in the Top Twenty and placed runner-up in the competition after fellow hip-hop dancer Joshua Allen.
- During Season 4, He danced with fellow contestant Katee Shean to a Contemporary piece choreographed by Mia Michaels which was nominated for an Emmy for Choreography in the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards.
- In season 5, He returned to "So You Think You Can Dance" with Katee Shean to perform their Emmy-nominated piece "Mercy." He was one of the 11 "All-Stars" for season 7.
- He also served as a frequent All-Star in Seasons 7, 8, and Season 9 of "So You Think You Can Dance" where he performed many memorable routines including the hip-hop number "Outta Your Mind" with ballet dancer Alex Wong.
- In season 12, He was the Team Captain for "Team Street" of "So You Think You Can Dance." He has an apparel line, Twitch Clothing.
- After competing in "So You Think You Can Dance", He went on to teach at South County Classical Ballet with fellow finalist Katee Shean. He has also choreographed for South Korean pop/R&B singer, Seven.
- In 2013, He and Allison Holker performed a dance routine on Dancing with the Stars. They danced to Crystallize, which was being performed live by Lindsey Stirling.
- Besides these, He made his debut in the film industry in 2007 through a comedy-drama film named Blades of Glory.
- After that, He appeared in several films and TV series like Hairspray (2007), Stomp the Yard: Homecoming (2010), Touch (2011), Step Up Revolution (2012), Step Up: All In (2014), Bound & Babysitting (2015), and many others.
- In 2015, He appeared as Malik in the comedy-drama film, Magic Mike XXL.
- Also, He has been featured on the Ellen DeGeneres Show as a guest DJ since 2014.
- His other appeared TV shows are Famous in Love (2017), Ellen's Game of Games (2017-Present), and Young & Hungry (2018).
- He also appeared the web series like The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers (2010), The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers: The Secrets of the Ra (2011), and Love (2016).
- Since 2018, he and his wife Allison Holker host Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings on the Freeform Network and Disney+.
- Further, He has been cast as Marcel X in the upcoming superhero movie Perfectus, and will later star in the movie Ushers.
- Apart from that, He launched experiMENTAL Industries, a production company, with his manager, Nelson Diaz, and two other partners in 2010.
- His final movie role was in the 2022 film "The Hip Hop Nutcracker". He was also the host of the show "The Real Dirty Dancing" and judge of "So You Think You Can Dance" in 2022.
Stephen Boss Awards and Achievements
- Runner Up, Star Search, 2003
- 3rd Place, MTV's The Wade Robson Project, 2003
- Runner Up, Season 4 of So You Think You Can Dance, 2008
Who is Stephen Boss married to?
Stephen Boss got married to Alison Holker after a few years of dating. The couple exchanged their vows in Paso Robles, California on 10th December 2013. Together, the couple is blessed with two children named Maddox Laurel and Zaia Boss. He also has a step-daughter from his wife's previous relationship which he adopted. Presently, the family lives blissfully. The couple had an apparel line of athleisure named "DSG x tWitch + Allison Collection" sold by Dick's Sporting Goods. The couple had an apparel line of athleisure named "DSG x tWitch + Allison Collection" sold by Dick's Sporting Goods.
How much was tWitch net worth?
Stephen Boss had earned the sum of a good amount of money from his profession as an actor and choreographer. As per the online sites, he had reported a $5 million net worth at the time of his death and he earned $1 million as an annual salary as of 2022. He also earned through his other profession as a hip-hop dancer, producer, and TV personality. Also, he added up his fortune through his clothing line and his endorsements, and TV commercials. He lived a lavish lifestyle.
His worth increased during his stint at the "Ellen DeGeneres Show." He earned a salary worth $500,000 per season of DeGeneres' program during his first two seasons. When he got promoted as co-presenter, his salary reached the $1 million mark. He also earned $1.3 million in April 2019 after putting his Sherman Oaks home on the market.
How tall was Stephen Boss?
Stephen Boss had a height of 6 feet 0 inches and he had a bodyweight of around 74 Kg. He had a pair of dark brown eyes and his hair color was black. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. Further, his sexual orientation was straight. He could be often seen wearing a hat or beanie. He sported a beard and mustache. He had a charming personality.
Trivias About Stephen Boss You Need To Know.
- A native of Montgomery, Alabama, he later relocated to Southern California, where he studied at Chapman University.
- He is a dancer, who goes by the name "tWitch", and was the runner-up on FOX's So You Think You Can Dance .
- In 2010, he is officially launching tWitch Boss Clothing, a clothing line devoted to casual street wear.
- In 2010, he launch experiMENTAL Industries, a production company, with his manager, Nelson Diaz, and two other partners.