Last updated on October 13th, 2021 at 09:14 pm
Facts About Stephen Graham
|Celebrated Name||Stephen Graham|
|Age||49 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Stephen Graham|
|Birth Name||Stephen Graham|
Stephen Graham is an English actor who is well recognized for his portrayal of the role Andrew "Combo" Gascoigne in the film, "This Is England"(2006). The film got so popular that it even released its television sequels for three years 2010, 2011, 2015, in all of which he played the same popular role.
He also got recognized for playing Al Capone in HBO's "Boardwalk Empire", Baby Face Nelson in "Public Enemies" and Scrum in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". His recent work includes portraying the role of Eric McNally in BBC drama, "Time" and Tony in drama film about COVID-19 pandemic, "Help" both released in 2021.
He is also known for his facility with accents and his character work. With his upgrowing popularity, he has managed to amass a healthy fan following of around 358k on his verified Twitter account: @StephenGraham73.
What is Stephen Graham Famous for?
- Famous as an actor.
- Known for his role Andrew "Combo" Gascoigne in "This Is England".
Where is Stephen Graham From?
Stephen Graham was born on August 3, 1973, in Kirkby, Lancashire, England. His birth name is Stephen Joseph Graham. His nationality is English. Graham belongs to a mixed(Jamaican-Swedish) ethnicity while Leo is his zodiac sign.
Born as the only one to his father of mixed descent and his social worker mother, Stephen grew up in his hometown together with his parents until his parents got divorced and Stephen began to live with his mom and his stepfather, a mechanic who later became a pediatric nurse.
Even so, he was far from his biological father, he still maintains a good relationship with him.
Growing up, he attended Overdale Primary School in Kirkby, during which he also took part in school drama as well. Seeing him perform as Jim Hawkins in a school production of Treasure Island, he was encouraged to pursue an acting career at the age of eight by local actor Andrew Schofield.
He then went on to study at the Ruffwood Comprehensive and got subsequently admitted to Liverpool's Everyman Theatre at the age of 14. They then went on to get trained at the Rose Bruford College of Theatre & Performance.
Stephen Graham's Career Highlights
- Stephen Graham started his carer initially with a minor role of football kid in the series, "Dancin' Thru the Dark" in 1990 at age of 18.
- The same year, he played the role of Mickey Bell in the drama series, "Children's Ward".
- He then appeared in a number of other films; "Blonde First", "Snatch", "Blow Dry", "The Last Minute", "Revengers Tragedy", "American Cousins", "Pit Fighter", "Goal!", "Scummy Man".
- He got his breakthrough when he got cast as Andrew "Combo" Gascoigne in the drama film, "This Is England" in 2006. The role got his much popularity and even earned him a nomination for British Independent Film Award.
- He has been on the cast of its television sequels, "This Is England '86"(2010), "This Is England '88"(2011), and "This Is England '90"(2015).
- He also appeared in films "Filth and Wisdom", "The Crew", "The Damned United", "London Boulevard", "Season of the Witch".
- His popularity also rose when he portrayed the role of Scrum in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" and Baby Face Nelson in "Public Enemies".
- Other of his television shows include; "Coronation Street", "Top Buzzer", "The Innocence Project", "The Passion", "Occupation".
- For his performance as Shay Ryan in the series, "The Street" in 2008, he also earned a nomination for Best Actor.
- His biggest television series role was portraying Al Capone in "Boardwalk Empire" which he played for 4 years from 2010-14.
- In 2011, Graham starred in the BBC Christmas show, "Lapland".
- He played the role of Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano in "The Irishman"(2019).
- He also has starred in the fifth series of the BBC One series, "Line of Duty"(2019) as DS John Corbett.
- He currently plays the lead role as Fabio "Melon" Melonzola in the drama series, "Save Me".
- Other of his roles include Jacob Marley in the BBC/FX miniseries, "A Christmas Carol"(2018), and DCI Taff Jones in the ITV miniseries, "White House Farm"(2020).
- His recent work includes; Eric McNally in BBC drama, "Time"(2021), and "Tony in Help"(2021).
Stephen Graham's Wife
Stephen Graham is a married man and has been married for just once to date. His only wife is Hannah Walters with whom he has been married since June 6, 2008, is also an actress. They met each other for the first time when both of them were training at the Rose Bruford College of Theatre & Performance. Shortly after they fell in love and began dating each other.
The couple has been together for over a decade and is living a healthy life residing in Ibstock, Leicestershire. They are blessed with a son and a daughter.
Besides, he also had struggled with depression and once while in his early 20s, he had tried to hang himself, fortunately, he survived after the rope snapped. He is also a teetotal and has dyslexia for which his wife helps him read the script.
Stephen Graham's Net Worth
Stephen Graham has quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor. Having his career started initially with minor roles at age of 18, Stephen has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular English actors in his 3-decade long career run. With his professionalism in his acting career, he has managed to amass a net worth estimated to be around $5 million.
Stephen Graham's Height
Stephen Graham is a good-looking guy with overweight body size in his late 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5inch.(1.66m) while his body weighs around 70kg(154 lbs). He has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.