Steve Aoki - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Ethnicity, Family, Career, Height
Steve Aoki is an American DJ, record producer, music programmer, and record executive. Aoki has won or been nominated for various industry awards, both in annual competitions and in magazine rankings. He was nominated for Grammy Award for Best Dance/Electronica Album for Wonderland at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards held in 2013. Aoki finished in 6th place in the 2013 America's Best DJ competition conducted by DJ Times magazine and finished in 8th place in 2013 and 2016. He finished 10th in 2014, 2015, and 2017 in DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs competition. In 2014, Aoki received two Guinness World Records, one for the "longest crowd cheer", and also for the "most amount of glow sticks for thirty seconds."
- Being the highest grossing electronic dance music artist in North America from tours.
- For his debut studio album "Wonderland"
What Ethnicity is Steve Aoki?
Steve Aoki was born on 30th November 1977 in Miami, Florida, U.S. His birth name is Steven Hiroyuki Aoki. He holds an American nationality and belongs to the Asian ethnicity of Japanese Descent. His star sign is Sagittarius. He is a follower of Christianity.
Aoki was born as the third child to his father, Rocky Aoki and his mother, Chizuru Kobayashi. His father was a former wrestler who also founded the restaurant chain Benihana. He was raised along with his two older siblings, sister Kana and brother Kevin, the owner of Doraku Sushi restaurant. He also has three half-sisters, Devon, Echo, and Jenifer, and a half-brother named Kyle N. Aoki.
Aoki grew up in Newport Beach, California & graduated from Newport Harbor High School in 1995. Then he enrolled at the University of California, Santa Barbara from where he graduated with two B.A. degrees, one in feminist studies and the other in sociology.
What does Steve Aoki do for a living?
- Steve Aoki begins his DJ career while in college where he produced DIY records.
- Aoki founded his own label, Dim Mak Records, in 1996.
- From the late 1990s to the mid-2000s, he worked and collaborated with numerous bands and DJ artists in Los Angeles, New York, and Florida.
- On 22nd January 2008, Aoki's debut DJ mix album, "Pillowface, and His Airplane Chronicles" was released.
- From 2010 to 2012 he extensively went on a world tour and it was the time when he got his breakthrough in the music world.
- Aoki's debut studio album, "Wonderland", was released in January 2012.
- On December 11, 2012, he released his first EP, It's the "End of the World As We Know It".
- His second studio album "Neon Future I" was released on September 30, 2014.
- His third studio album "Neon Future II" was released on May 12, 2015.
- Aoki's fourth studio album "Steve Aoki Presents Kolony" was released on July 21, 2017.
- On November 9, 2018, his fifth studio album "Neon Future III" was released.
- His sixth studio album "Neon Future IV" was released on April 3, 2020, through Dim Mak Records.
- In 2022, he made a cameo appearance in the American comedy film "Senior Year" released on May 13, 2022, by Netflix.
Who is Steve Aoki Wife?
Steve Aoki is currently assumed to be single. Previously he was married to Australian model and fashion enthusiast Tiernan Cowling. Tiernan Cowling is a former alumnus of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City where she studied ‘Professional Studies and Brand Management.’ After her graduation, she became a model for ‘Next Models LA’ for almost five years.
Aoki and Cowling began dating in the late 2000s and got engaged in 2010. After five years of engagement and living together, the clove birds finally tie their knot in 2015 on the Hawaiian island of Maui in a grand ceremony attended by their family, friends, relatives, and loved ones. However, their news of separation begin to afloat in late 2017.
What is the Net Worth of Steve Aoki?
As of May 2022, the net worth of Steve Aoki is estimated to be US $120 Million. One of the highest-grossing dance artists in North America has managed to accumulate such a massive net worth through his twenty-five years of career as a DJ artist and Record producer. He has also invested a huge portion of his earnings in Uber and Elon Musk-owned company, SpaceX.
He earns around $20 million to $30 million annually from his record and album sales including his world tours and concert Ticket sales. Due to his huge popularity and high demand among music lovers, he does extensive tours and concerts earning around $5 million to $10 million. He Performs 200-250 and shows inactive touring years.
How tall is Steve Aoki?
Steve Aoki, a handsome-looking young gentleman has an average height of 5 ft 9 inches and weighs around 71 Kg. His well-maintained body measures 37-29-13 inches (Chest-Waist-Biceps). He has an Asian look and appearance with a long hairstyle that is black in color. He has a pair of eyes that are also black in color as well.