Last updated on August 15th, 2023 at 02:29 am
Facts About Steve Carell
|Celebrated Name||Steve Carell|
|Age||60 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Steve Carell|
|Birth Name||Steven John Carell|
|Debut Movie||Curly Sue|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Height||175cm f ft 9 in|
|Father||Edwin A. Carell|
|Siblings||3 older brothers|
|School||Nashoba Brooks School, The Fenn School, Middlesex School|
|Place Of Birth||Concord, Massachusetts|
|Children||Elisabeth Anne Carell, John Carell|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Best Known For||his role of Michael Scott in 'The Office'.|
Steven John Carell, popularly known as Steve Carell is an American actor, director, and writer. He is known for his role of Michael Scott on the American version of The Office from 2005-2013. He is the recipient of the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor-Television Series Musical or Comedy and earned numerous nominations for his contributions. In 2016, he received the 2,570th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He has also won MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance for his role in The 40-Year-Old Virgin. He stated that Steve Martin, Bill Cosby, John Cleese, George Carlin, Peter Sellers are his idols. He learned acting and comedy watching them.
His upcoming movies are Welcome to Marwen and Vice.
Gossips and Rumors
Steve Carell has trolled the President of the United States Donald Trump and Amazon in Saturday Night Live.
Best Known For
- His role as Michael Scott in NBC's television comedy series 'The Office' (2005-2013).
- His lead role in the 2005 film The 40-Year-Old Virgin.
Early Life of Steve Carell
The full name of Carell is Steven John Carell. He was born on 16 August 1962. He was born to Edwin A. Carell and Harriet T. Koch. His birthplace is Emerson Hospital, Concord, Massachusets in the United States. He holds American nationality. His birth sign is Leo. He is Catholic. His father is of German and Italian descent and his mother is of Polish ancestry. He has three older brothers. He attended Nashoba Brooks School, The Fenn School, and Middlesex School in Concord. Later, he graduated from Denison University in Ohio in 1984. Initially, he desired to become a lawyer.
Career of Steve Carell
- Initially, he worked as a mail career in Littleton, Massachusetts.
- He started his acting career on the stage in a touring children's theater company.
- He then acted in the comedy musical Knat Scatt Private Eye and in a television commercial for the restaurant chain Brown's Chicken in 1989.
- In 1991, he performed with Chicago troupe The Second City.
- He made his film debut in a small role in Curly Sue in 1991.
- He made his television series debut from The Dana Carvey Show in 1996.
- His lead role in the NBC series The Office, a remake of the British TV series of the same name, earned him more popularity.
- The series is a mockumentary about life at a mid-sized paper supply company, where his role of Michael Scott became successful.
- For his role in The Office, he won Golden Globe Award and Television Critics Association Award in 2006. He also earned several nominations for his role in The Office. The show aired from 2005 to 2011.
- Later, he also directed, produced, and wrote for The Office as well. He won Writers Guild of America Award in 2009.
- He left The Office at the end of 2010-11 season to focus more on his film career.
- Carell returned to The Office in its final version in 2013.
- Besides The Office, he has appeared, voiced, wrote, and directed in many television series such as Over the Top, Just Shoot Me!, The Daily Show, Strangers with Candy, Watching Ellie, Fillmore!, Come to Papa, The Naked Trucker, and T-Bones Show, Life's Too Short, The Simpsons, Web Therapy, and Angie Tribeca.
- In 2004, Carell got a major role in hit comedy film Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.
- Carell established himself as an actor after his success in the 2005 film The 40-Year-Old Virgin.
- He has appeared in many leads and minor roles in numerous movies including Tomorrow Night, Homegrown, Street of Pain, Bruce Almighty, Sleepover, Melinda and Melinda, Bewitched, Little Miss Sunshine, American Storage, Evan Almighty, Knocked Up, Dan in Real Life, Stories USA, Get Smart, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, and several other movies.
- He has voiced for, Over the Hedge, Horton Hears a Who!, Despicable Me series, and Minions.
Personal Life of Steve Carell
Steve Carell is married to Nancy Carell. They got married in 1995. Nancy was a student of his at Second City. Nancy has also worked as a fellow correspondent on The Daily Show, appeared in The Office, and cameoed as a sex therapist in Steve's hit film The 40-Year-Old Virgin. They also created the TBS comedy series titled Angie Tribeca. It premiered in January 2016 and stars Rashida Jones. The couple is blessed with two children. They are Elisabeth Anne Carell and John Carell.
Body Features of Steve Carell
Steve Carell stands 1.75m ie. five feet and nine inches tall. He has a body weight of 154 lbs. He has dark brown colored hair and his eye color is green.
Net Worth of Steve Carell
The 56-year old American actor, Carell was the 31st highest-paid actor excluding television-related projects in 2011. He earned $17.5 million that year. As of 2018, his net worth is estimated at around $50 million. He earned quite a fortune after he was cast a lead role in the 2005 television series The Office. He has also earned fortune appearing in movies.
Trivias About Steve Carell You Need To Know.
- He can play the musical instrument called Fife.
- He originally desired to be a Lawyer.
- He has also worked as DJ before under the name Sapphire Steve Carell at WDUB (campus radio station).