Steve Coogan - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Awards, Career, Brothers
Steve Coogan is an English actor, comedian, producer, and screenwriter who is well-known for his role as the director in the hit 2008 comedy, "Tropic Thunder". Having his career started back in the 1980s as a voice actor on "Spitting Image", Coogan has managed to come a long way becoming one of the most appreciated performers in the UK.
Coogan is also the co-founder of the production company, "Baby Cow Productions" with Henry Normal. He is also known for playing the role of Octavius in the "Night at the Museum" films and Hades in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief".
He even co-wrote, produced, and starred in the Academy Award-nominated film, "Philomena" in 2013. Besides, he isn't active on any social media sites.
What is Steve Coogan Famous for?
- Famous as an English actor, comedian, and writer.
- Known for his work in the comedy, "Tropic Thunder".
Where was Steve Coogan Born?
Steve Coogan was born on October 14, 1965, in Middleton, Lancashire, England. His birth name is Stephen John Coogan. His nationality is British. Coogan belongs to the Irish ethnicity while Libra is his zodiac sign.
Steve Coogan was born as one of the 6 children of his parents; Anthony Coogan(father) and Kathleen Coogan(mother). His father, Anthony is an IBM engineer of Irish descent while his mother, Kathleen is a housewife also of Irish descent while his paternal grandparents; Margaret and Thomas Coogan, a tailor from County Cork.
His parents even forested children on a short basis while his grandparents established a dance hall for Irish immigrants.
Steve was raised in a Roman Catholic culture alongside his 4 brothers and a sister in an upper-working class family. He had a happy childhood spending time in Middleton where he attended St. Thomas More Roman Catholic Primary School and Cardinal Langley Roman Catholic High School.
Growing up, he developed an interest in acting and comedy as he even had a talent for impersonation that he wanted to join a drama class. He joined the New Music Theatre company before getting into the Manchester Polytechnic School of Drama.
Steve Coogan's Career Highlights
- Steve Coogan began his career as a comic and impressionist making his first presence as a voice actor on "Spitting Image".
- He then appeared in the long-running ITV game show, "The Krypton Factor" in 1989.
- He also worked on the Radio 4 comedy show, "On the Hour".
- He hosted a spin-off Radio 4 chat show, "Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge" in 1992.
- He starred as Partridge in a BBC sitcom, "I'm Alan Partridge" in 1997.
- Other of his performance include "Mid Morning Matters with Alan Partridge", " This Time with Alan Partridge", and memoirs; "I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan"(2011) and "Nomad"(2016).
- On the show, "Saturday Zoo", he played a new character 'Duncan Disorderly'in 1993.
- He has provided voices for the animated series; "I Am Not an Animal" and "Bob and Margaret".
- He played the role of Gnat in the 1998 TV adaptation of "Alice Through the Looking Glass".
- In 2007, he played a psychiatrist role on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on HBO, and in the BBC1 drama, "Sunshine" in 2008.
- He grew in prominence in the film industry after starring in the 2002 movies; "The Parole Officer" and "24 Hour Party People".
- He also got popularity for his role as Octavius in the comedy movie, "Night at the Museum" films.
- He co-wrote, produced, and starred in the popular hit movie, "Philomena".
- In 2018, he played English comedian Stan Laurel in the film biopic, "Stan & Ollie".
- He also voices characters in the animated films; Despicable Me 2 and Minions.
- His latest film appearance was as himself in "The Trip to Greece" in 2020.
- In 2015, he played the role of Thom Payne in the series, "Happyish".
- His career as a stand-up comedian resumed with a tour named "Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge and other less successful characters".
- He was also featured in the spoof documentary TV film, "Steve Coogan – The Inside Story" in 2009.
- He is also the co-founder of the production house, "Baby Cow Productions" founded in 1999.
- He is set to play the role of Jimmy Savile in the series, "The Reckoning" in 2022.
- His autobiography, Easily Distracted, was published in October 2015.
Steve Coogan's Wife
Steve Coogan is not currently married. He was previously married to Caroline Hickman in 2002, however, their relationship didn't last long as they got divorced in 2005. Following the divorce, he even entered a rehab center. he then the popular model, China Chow for three years.
He met Loretta Basey, a popular glamour model while he was on the set as a guest editor for lads mag Loaded in 2011. They soon began dating each other and were together until 2014.
Even though his marriage didn't last long, he had a daughter, Clare Jane Coogan-Cole, from a previous four-year relationship with solicitor Anna Cole.
Steve Coogan's Net Worth
Steve Coogan is a millionaire actor who has quite healthy earnings from his stable and successful career as an actor, comedian, and producer. Having started his career in the 1980s lasted for over 40 years and is still ongoing, Coogan has easily managed to amass a million worth of fortune from his over 30 films that he has done till 2022.
With his several movies and shows and comedy shows, Coogan has managed to amass a wealthy fortune estimated to be around $12 million. Apart, he has an obsession with cars as he has owned a succession of Ferrari cars.
Steve Coogan's Height and Weight
Steve Coogan is a handsome man with a maintained body physique even in his 50s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch. while his body weighs around 75kg(165 lbs). He has a fair complexion with a flat face, brown hair, and brown eyes.
Trivias About Steve Coogan You Need To Know.
- He was raised with his 4 brothers and a sister.
- He had a talent for impersonation since his childhood.
- He worked on the Radio 4 comedy show, "On the Hour".