Facts About Steve Mills
|63 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Locust Valley, New York
|B.A. in Sociology
|6 feet 1 inch
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter
Steve Mills is an American sports executive who last served as president of the New York Knicks. He played college basketball for the Princeton Tigers, where he was a teammate of future NBA coach David Blatt, under the tutelage of coach Pete Carril from 1978 to 1981. Currently, He was fired by the Knicks. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Steve Mills famous for?
- An American sports executive who currently fired from the Knicks.
- Served as president of the New York Knicks
Where is Steve Mills born?
Recalling his early life, Steve was born to his father, Ollie Mills was an instructor and a ball mentor. His mom was a social specialist. He grew up as a Knicks fan and lived around the bend from NBA legend Julius Erving.
For his education, He attended the Friends Academy in Locust Valley and Princeton University where he graduated in 1981 with a B.A. in Sociology.
When did Steve Mills begin his sports career?
- Moving towards his career, Steve worked for the National Basketball Association for sixteen years beginning in 1984 after having worked at Chemical Bank.
- His ascension while at the NBA was notable. He was an account executive in the corporate sponsorship department of NBA properties and program manager for NBA properties.
- He became vice-president of special events, after which he was senior vice-president of Basketball and Player Development, He then became Chief operating officer and Sports Business President of Madison Square Garden in 2003.
- His duties at MSG included supervising day-to-day operations, including finances, business strategies of the NBA's New York Knicks, NHL's New York Rangers and the WNBA's New York Liberty. All sports-related activities were under his jurisdiction, including boxing, college basketball, and track & field.
- In 2009, He left MSG and joined Magic Johnson Enterprises where he helped create the Athletes & Entertainers Wealth Management Group, LLC (A&E) of which he was a partner.
- On September 26th, 2013, the New York Knicks announced he would be the executive vice president and general manager of the organization.
- On July 14th, 2017, after announcing that Scott Perry would become the Knicks' newest general manager, the Knicks also announced he would be the new president of the organization, replacing the role that was previously held by Phil Jackson.
- On February 04th, 2020, He was fired by the Knicks.
Is Steve Mills married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Steve was a married man. He was married to Beverly and currently reside on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in addition to the home in South Orange, New Jersey, and has two daughters and a dog. Presently, the pair live blissful life without rumors of divorce or separation.
How much is Steve Mills's worth?
Being a sports executive, Steve earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth and salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Steve Mills?
Observing his body statistics, Steve stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and his weight is currently unknown. Similarly, he has a pair of white-grey hair color and black eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.