Facts About Steve Ross
|Celebrated Name||Steve Ross|
|Age||56 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Robert Stephen Ross|
|Place Of Birth||USA|
|Siblings||1 youger brother|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Salary||$50 thousand to $100 thousand annually|
Steve Ross is an American Painter, a wonderful teacher, and an art instructor. He is the oldest son of Bob Ross. His father, Bob, was an American painter, art instructor, and television host. He was the creator and host of The Joy of Painting, an instructional television program that aired from 1983 to 1994 on PBS in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe.
Steve was a frequent guest on the hit TV show and also served as a Certified Instructor of his dad. Following the legal battles with his late father’s company, Steve has not affiliated with Bob Ross Inc anymore. While that means he is not a Certified Ross Instructor anymore, he mastered the technique at an early age and is a wonderful teacher.
What is Steve Ross famous for?
- For his appearance in the hit TV show “The Joy of Painting” (1983-1994).
- for his quick humor and double entendres.
About Steve Ross, Bob Ross' Son
Steve Ross was born on 1st August 1966 in the United States. His birth name is Robert Stephen Ross. He holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. His birth sign is Leo. He is a follower of Christianity.
Steve was born into a well-to-do family. His father Bob Ross was a painter, art instructor, and television host. His biological mother is Vivian Ridge, the first wife of his father, Bob. He was raised by his parents with great care and love along with his half-brother Jimmie. Since child, he was super close to his dad.
It was his father who helped little Steve to help him in the drawing. As a result, he followed in his father's footsteps and became well-known for his artworks. He is a well-educated person as well.
What does Steve Ross do for a living?
- Steve Ross began painting professionally in the early 1980s.
- Steve frequently appeared on the TV show "The Joy of Painting".
- The show ran from January 11, 1983, to May 17, 1994, but reruns still continue to appear in many broadcast areas and countries.
- When the episode aired he was 17 years old and had already painted in oil for several years.
- After his father's death in 1995, Steve had a legal fight with his father's business partners Annette and Walt Kowalski over the ownership or successors of Bob's business.
- But Steve lost the legal battle and Bob Ross Inc. (BRI)is now independently managed by Annette and Walt Kowalski (and now their daughter Joan), who owns the Ross name, brand, and paintings in Virginia.
- After losing his dad and the intellectual property rights dispute, he gave up painting for a time, and sinking into a depression, he struggled to paint and teach.
- He didn't make a public appearance and lived secretly for more than two decades.
- It was reported that he was doing “software work” now and had already moved to New York.
- Steve unexpectedly resurfaced in 2019. After 25 years of radio silence, he teamed up with Dana Jester to hold landscape oil painting workshops.
- On August 25, 2021, the documentary "Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed" was released on Netflix, which sparked controversies around Bob Ross’s life and career.
- Currently, his close friend Dana and Steve himself own a workshop in Winchester, Indiana. The four-day workshop is located at the fellowship hall of Faith United Methodist Church.
How much is Steve Ross the painter worth?
As of February 2022, the net worth of Steve Ross is estimated to be US $1 million. He has accumulated most of his earnings through his painting and teaching career. He also makes money selling his beautiful paintings and arts. As a highly qualified painter, he earns around $55,590 annually.
Is Steve Ross painter married?
Despite his aging, Steve Ross is assumed to be still a bachelor. It is not mentioned on the internet sites about his marriage ceremony. The possible reason might be his long time struggle with depression and sadness after his father's death and his loss to inherit the father's property.
How tall is Steve Ross?
Steve Ross is 6 ft 0 inches tall and his body weight is around 70 Kg. He has an average build body. He has a healthy and fit body maintained by daily exercises and jogging. Just like his father Bob, he has an iconic curly hairstyle that was widely popularized in the 1980s. He also likes to keep his mustache and beard. He has a pair of lovely warm brown eyes. His hair color is also brown as well.
Trivias About Steve Ross You Need To Know.
- He is very close to his father's friend Dana Jester.
- His original paintings are available on eBay.
- He is an expert in oil painting.