Steven Adams - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Dating, Contract, Salary, Height
Steven Funaki Adams, excellently known as Steven Adams is a New Zealand professional basketball player for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He made his NBA debut in 2013 with the Oklahoma City Thunder after winning a New Zealand Basketball League title in 2011. He was also named to the Big East All-Rookie Team in 2013 while playing at the University of Pittsburgh. Adams was selected by the Oklahoma City Thunder in June 2013 with the 12th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft. Additionally, On 26th February 2022, Adams scored 12 points and grabbed a season-high 21 rebounds, during a 116-110 win against the Chicago Bulls. He is also active in social media as he has gained more than 499k followers on his Instagram account and over 215.1K followers on his Twitter account.
What is Steven Adams Famous For?
- Being a New Zealand professional basketball player.
- For being the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Where is Steven Adams from?
Steven Adams took birth on 20th July 1993 with the real name of Steven Funaki Adams in Rotorua, New Zealand. He is of New Zealand nationality and he came from a New Zealand-white ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Steven has celebrated his 28th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Cancer. He is the son of Sid Adams (father) and Lilika Ngauamo (mother). He also has siblings named Valerie Adams, Warren Adams, Sid Adams Jr, Lisa Adams, Ralph Adams. His father served in the Royal Navy and later settled in New Zealand where he fathered 18 children with five women.
Talking about Adams's education, he enrolled at Notre Dame Preparatory School after graduating from Scots College in December 2011.
What does Steven Adams do for a living?
- Steven Adams kicks off his career playing for the Wellington Saints of the National Basketball League in 2011 after which he was named the NBL Rookie of the Year and helped the Saints win the championship. He averaged 5.5 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in 15 games for the Saints.
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Steven was selected with the 12th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Oklahoma City Thunder on 27th June 2013 and became the first player out of Pittsburgh to be selected in the first round since 1999 when Vonteego Cummings was selected by the Indiana Pacers with the 26th overall pick.
- He signed his rookie scale contract with the Thunder on 12th July 2013 and recorded two points, three rebounds, one assist, and three fouls in 18½ minutes off the bench against the Utah Jazz in his NBA debut on 30th October 2013.
- Adams recorded 17 points and 10 rebounds in a 119-110 win over the Detroit Pistons in just his fifth NBA game on 8th November and recorded 10 points and a season-high 11 rebounds in Game 6 of the Thunder's second-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Clippers.
- At the conclusion of the 2013-2014 season, Steven earned NBA All-Rookie Second Team honors.
- He recorded a career-high six blocks in a 69-65 loss to the Houston Rockets on 16th November 2014 and recorded a season-high 16 points and a then-career-high 15 rebounds in a 114-106 win over the San Antonio Spurs on 25th December 2014.
- Adams tied his career-high of 17 points in a 115-110 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on 10th January 2016 and signed a four-year, $100 million contract extension with the Thunder on 31st October 2016.
- He scored a career-high 20 points in a 111-109 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on 22nd November 2016 and scored a career-high 27 points on perfect shooting from the field and the free-throw line to help the Thunder beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 111-107 on 1st December 2017.
- Adams recorded 22 points and 17 rebounds in a 120-112 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on 13th February 2018 and scored 26 points in a 110-100 win over the Phoenix Suns on 17th November 2018.
- On 19th December, Adams recorded 20 points and a career-high 23 rebounds in a 132-113 win over the Sacramento Kings and he recorded 13 points and 22 rebounds in a 99-95 win over the Memphis Grizzlies on 3rd March 2019.
New Orleans Pelicans
- Adams was traded to the New Orleans Pelicans on 24th November 2020 and signed a two-year, $35 million extension with the Pelicans.
- He scored only 4 points, but grabbed a season-high 20 rebounds in a 131-126 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on 29th January 2021 and scored a season-high 15 points in a 103-93 loss to the Miami Heat on 4th March.
- Adams was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies on 7th August 2021 and scored a season-high 17 points, grabbed 9 rebounds, and recorded 5 assists in a 120-114 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on 23rd October.
- He helped lead the Grizzlies to a fifth straight win while tying his season-high with 17 points scored, alongside grabbing 16 rebounds on 6th December, in a 105-90 victory over the Miami Heat.
- He scored 12 points and grabbed a season-high 21 rebounds, during a 116-110 win against the Chicago Bulls on 26th February 2022.
- Apart from basketball, his autobiography "Steven Adams: My Life, My Fight" was released in 2018.
Awards and Achievements
- NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2014)
- NBL champion (2011)
- NBL Rookie of the Year (2011)
- Big East All-Rookie Team (2013)
Who is Steven Adams Dating?
Steven Adams is an unmarried man. He currently dating his girlfriend Kayla Kiriau. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. They have not yet made any plan for their marriage. Furthermore, regarding Steven's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Steven Adams's Net Worth?
Steven Adams is a talented man who has a net worth of $20 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $17,500,000 per year. In his short professional time also, Steven has established himself an identity already. He's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income is his basketball career.
What is the Height of Steven Adams?
Steven Adams stands at a tall height of 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) with a balanced bodyweight of 265 lb (120 kg). He has good-looking long dark brown hair and eyes color. Adams has inked several tattoos on his body which has attracted a lot of people towards him. Furthermore, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Steven Adams You Need To Know.
- He made his NBA debut in 2013 with the Oklahoma City Thunder after winning a New Zealand Basketball League title in 2011.
- He was named to the Big East All-Rookie Team in 2013 while playing at the University of Pittsburgh.
- He has 17 siblings, including two-time Olympic gold medal shot putter Valerie Adams.
- He joined power forward Nick Collison on the Thunder in 2013.
- In June 2013, he was selected by the Oklahoma City Thunder with the 12th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.