Facts About Stevie Nicks
|75 Years Old
|Stephanie Lynn Nicks
|Place Of Birth
|Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Menlo-Atherton High School
|San Jose State University
|Bra Cup Size
|Ex: Kim Anderson
|Source of Wealth
Stevie Nicks is an American singer and songwriter who is well-known for her work as a member of the popular British-American rock band, "Fleetwood Mac" which she joined in 1975 along with her then-boyfriend Lindsey Buckingham. With her work both as a member of Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist, Nicks has produced over 40 top 50 hits and sold over 120 million records, making them one of the best-selling music bands of all time.
"Rumours", the band's eleventh album even won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 1978 which produced four U.S. Billboard Hot 100 top-ten singles, with Nicks's "Dreams" being the band's first and only Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit.
Known for her distinctive voice, mystical stage persona and poetic, symbolic lyrics, Nicks has garnered eight Grammy Award nominations and two American Music Award nominations as a solo artist and has won a Grammy Award and five Grammy Award nominations as the band's member. Nicks made her solo career debut with the album titled "Bella Donna" released on July 27, 1981, which reached multiplatinum status and even topped the Billboard 200.
Nicks is the only woman to have been inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, as a member of Fleetwood Mac in 1998 and as a solo artist in 2019, and was also named one of the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time. Besides, she is quite active in the social media platform with around 562k followers on her Instagram: @stevienicks and has around 270k followers on her Twitter: @StevieNicks. She also has a youtube channel of her own name with around 236k subscribers.
What is Stevie Nicks famous for?
- Famous as an American singer and songwriter who was inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Known as the member of the British-American rock band, "Fleetwood Mac".
Where is Stevie Nicks from?
Stevie Nicks was born on May 26, 1948, in Pheonix, Arizona, United States. Her birth name is Stephanie Lynn Nicks. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Gemini is her zodiac sign. She is of German, English, and Irish descent.
Nicks was born as the second child at Good Samaritan Hospital to father, Jess Nicks(1925-2005), and mother, Barbara Nicks(1927-2011). Her father, Jess was a corporate executive whose frequent relocation as the president of Greyhound made the family move to different places. She grew up in an extended family along with her elder brother, Chris Nicks, and spent her childhood in Phoenix, El Paso, Salt Lake City, and Los Angeles.
Born in an extended family, she was taught to sing by her grandfather, Aaron Jess "A.J." Nicks, Sr., when she was just 4 years old. On her 16th birthday, she was gifted a Goya guitar and spent her teenage years writing and playing music writing her first song, "I've Loved and I've Lost, and I'm Sad but Not Blue".
She attended Arcadia High School in Arcadia, California, during which she joined her first band, "The Changing Times" and later attended Menlo Atherton High School where she met her future professional partner Lindsey Buckingham. Later, she along with Buckingham attended San Jose State University where she majored in speech communication but soon got dropped out in 1968 to pursue a music career with him.
They together continued to write songs as a duo recording demo tapes at night subsequently securing a deal with Polydor Record later releasing their only album together, "Buckingham Nicks" in 1973.
Stevie Nicks's career: Highlights
- Stevie Nicks began her professional career initially joining the British rock band, "Fleetwood Mac" along with Lindsey Buckingham in 1975, shortly after their joining the band went on to achieve worldwide success with the band's tenth and the couple's first album, "Fleetwood Mac" released on July 11, 1975. Nick's own written song, "Rhiannon" was even voted one of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
- With the release of the hit album, "Rumors" in 1977, which included Nick's single, "Dreams" went on to become the band's only Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit single, gaining them a Grammy Award as well.
- She also performed in the band's other albums including "Tusk"(1979) and "Live"(1980) before embarking on a solo career which she began with the release of her solo debut album titled "Bella Donna", on July 27, 1981, that reached no. one on the Billboard chart.
- Her second studio album, "The Wild Heart" was out in 1983, followed by "Rock a Little" in 1985, both the albums accrediting platinum status.
- In 1985, Fleetwood Mac's 14th album titled "Tango in the Night" was released which was a huge success after "Rumors" that became the band's Greatest Hits album in November 1988.
- She took a break from her solo career for a period of four years and returned with "The Other Side of the Mirror" featuring the hit single "Rooms on Fire" in 1989.
- During this time, she went through some cocaine addiction and developed an addiction and dependency on "Klonopin", after going through some personal problems, she came up with her album, "Street Angel" in 1994.
- In 1997, the band reunited for a tour called "The Dance" in the 20th anniversary of the release of the band’s highly successful album "Rumours".
- In 2001, after almost 7 years, she released "Trouble in Shangri-La", which did quite well and received gold certification in the U.S.
- On March 27, 2007, Reprise Records released "Crystal Visions – The Very Best of Stevie Nicks" that is a compilation album released by Nicks in the U.S.
- On March 31, 2009, Nicks released the album, "The Soundstage Sessions" that included a single, "Crash into Me", via Reprise Records.
- Her album "In Your Dreams" with a lead single, "Secret Love" released in 2011 coincided with the 30th anniversary of the release of her debut solo album, "Bella Donna"
- On March 29, 2012, Nicks made a guest appearance as herself on the NBC sitcom, "Up All Night".
- On December 3, 2013, Nicks released the documentary film, "In your Dreams" on DVD.
- In 2014, Nicks appeared on the third season of television series American Horror Story, "Coven", in a role she reprised as a white witch in the eighth season, "Apocalypse".
- On September 30, 2014, she released her eighth solo album "24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault" which debuted at number 7 at the US Billboard. She then joined "Fleetwood Mac" for the On with the Show tour.
- Nicks toured with "The Pretenders" on the 24 Karat Gold Tour and was also featured on a track from American singer Lana Del Rey's fifth studio album, "Lust for Life" in 2017.
- For her album's promotions, she has appeared in several TV shows including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The X Factor, The Talk, Good Morning America, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and Dancing with the Stars.
Who is Stevie Nicks's Husband?
Stevie Nicks got married just once in her lifetime which was with Kim Anderson, the widower of her friend Robin Anderson. The couple got married in 1983 soon after her friend Anderson died of leukemia to take care of the baby her friend left behind. However, the marriage didn't last long but Nicks still manages a good relationship with her former step-son.
Previously, Nicks was in a romantic relationship with Lindsey Buckingham, with whom she met while they were in college. Buckingham is also an American singer, songwriter, and producer, best known as lead guitarist and one of the vocalists of the music group, "Fleetwood Mac".
Nicks had been romantically linked to Buckingham since 1966 for several years until they got separated. She then briefly dated Mick Fleetwood in 1977, after which she dated Eagles drummer/vocalist Don Henley with whom she became pregnant but she had an abortion in 1979. She then briefly dated Eagles songwriter J.D. Souther.
Nicks then got connected to James Iovine who is an American entrepreneur, record executive, and media proprietor best known as the co-founder of Interscope Records, who also produced "Bella Donna" in 1980. In 1983, she began dating Eagles and James Gang guitarist Joe Walsh with whom she was in a relationship for 3 years till 1986, as it was disturbed because of mutual drug abuse. She never had children due to her demanding career and desire to follow her art.
Besides, she has continuously maintained to write a journal every day that in response to COVID-19, she eve has blasted reasons in her journal in 2020 comparing it to American Horror Story. Nicks became an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church and officiated at the wedding of Deer Tick singer John McCauley and singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton on December 27, 2013.
On September 10, 2020, Miley Cyrus talked about getting blessings from Nicks to use the snippet of the Fleetwood Mac singer's 1981 solo hit for which Nicks said, "you can borrow from me anytime".
What is the net worth of Stevie Nicks?
Stevie Nicks has quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer and songwriter. Having her career started since 1975, Nicks has managed to come a long way up with her distinctive voice, mystical stage persona, and poetic, symbolic lyrics, as she is regarded to be the Reigning Queen of Rock and Roll.
With her hard work and passion to become a singer and songwriter, Stevie has managed to amass a healthy fortune from her several songs, albums, and tours. Her net worth is estimated to be around $75 million
How tall is Stevie Nicks?
Stevie Nicks is a gorgeous lady with sparkling brown eyes as fascinating and powerful as she was in her 20s even though she is in her 70s. With her perfectly maintained slim body physique and her creativity, Roth has managed to win the hearts of several people all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 1inch. while her body weighs around 52kg.
Nicks has a well-maintained body physique 36-25-35 inches with 34B as her Bra Cup Size, 6(US) as her shoe size, and 4(US) as her dress size.