Last updated on April 19th, 2020 at 08:31 am
Facts About Stevie Wonder
|Celebrated Name||Stevie Wonder|
|Age||73 Years Old|
|Nick Name||"Little Stevie" Wonder|
|Birth Name||Stevland Hardaway Judkins|
|Profession||Musician , Musician|
|Place Of Birth||Saginaw, Michigan|
|Spouse||Syreeta Wright (M. 1970; Div. 1972), Kai Millard (M. 2001; Div. 2012) and Tomeeka Bracy (M. 2017 to Present)|
|Mother||Lula Mae Hardaway|
|Height||6 feet 0 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||44-34-38 inches|
|Shoe Size||12 (UK)|
|Bicep Size||16 (UK)|
|Net Worth||$110 Million|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Stevie Wonder is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer. After birth complications left him blind, He went on to beat all odds to become one of the most talented musicians the world has ever seen. He has sold over 110 million records worldwide with over 30 Top 10 hits under his belt. He has won 25 Grammy Awards making him the most awarded solo artist of all time. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Stevie Wonder famous for?
- An American singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer.
When was Stevie Wonder born?
Recalling his early life, Stevie was born as Stevland Hardaway Judkins in Saginaw, Michigan, the USA to his parents Calvin Judkins and Lula Mae Hardaway. He was the third of six children born in the family. He was born six weeks premature, which caused retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) which in turn caused vision loss.
From an early age, he started playing musical instruments, and later formed a singing partnership with a friend. The duo, who called themselves Stevie and John, played on street corners, and occasionally at parties. Further, his academic qualifications is yet to be disclosed.
When did Stevie Wonder begin his music career?
- At the beginning of his career, Stevie made a five-year contract with producer Clarence Paul. Due to his age, he was known as Little Stevie Wonder.
- In 1970, He collaborated with his wife Syreeta, and together they worked on his next album Where I’m Coming From. The album became a moderate success upon its release the following year.
- In March 1972, his album Music of My Mind was released. The album marked the beginning of Wonder’s classic period. The same year, he also released the album Talking Book which featured hits, such as Superstition and You Are the Sunshine of My Life.
- In the following years, he came up with several blockbuster albums, such as Innervisions (1973), Fulfillingness' First Finale (1974), Songs in the Key of Life (1976), and Stevie Wonder's Journey Through The Secret Life of Plants (1979). With the success of these albums, Wonder became the most acclaimed black musician by the end of the 1970s.
- During the 1980s, he reached the peak of his fame with the release of albums, such as Hotter Than July (1980) and Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium (1982).
- In 1984, he recorded the soundtrack album for the movie The Woman in Red which featured the Oscar-winning song I Just Called to Say I Love You.
- In 1987, he released his album Characters which was followed by the soundtrack album for the 1991 movie Jungle Fever.
- In 1995, his album Conversation Peace was released. It consisted of hits, such as For Your Love and Tomorrow Robins Will Sing.
- In the new millennium, he came up with the album A Time to Love in 2005. In the subsequent years, he toured North America, and also performed on several occasions, including the Obama Inaugural Celebration in 2009.
- In 2016, he recorded a soundtrack featuring American singer Ariana Grande for the animated musical Sing.
Who is Stevie Wonder married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Stevie Wonder has been hitched thrice till now. His first wife, Syreeta Wright was his secretary in the publishing company. He has dedicated the song Isn't She Lovely? to his daughter Aisha. Their marriage made me wonder a vegetarian and ultimately, a vegan following the footsteps of Transcendental Meditation.
His next marriage lasted for 11 years with designer Kai Millard. The couple has two sons. In 2012, Stevie filed for divorce. His last marriage is with Tomeeka Bracy, and they both have a lovely daughter.
Apart from his marriages, wonder has a total of nine children, five being from extra-marital affairs. Some of them are known, and some are unknown. The media still suspects who is the mother of his daughter Sophia and Son Kwame.
How much is Stevie Wonder worth?
Being a musician, Stevie earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $110 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Stevie Wonder?
Observing her body physics, Stevie stands a height of 6 feet 0 inches and weighs around 90 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. She used 12 (UK) shoe size and his biceps size is 16 (UK). Further, his body measures 44-34-38 inches.
Trivias About Stevie Wonder You Need To Know.
- Has been blind since birth.
- He is a lifelong staunch liberal Democrat.