T-Pain - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Married, Salary, Real Name, Nationality, Family, Parents, Ethnicity, Height, Facts, Wiki, Career, Kids, Religion
An American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and streamer, Faheem Rasheed Najm is professionally known as T-Pain. He is a Grammy Award-winning rapper who is distinctive for his use of auto-tune. At the age of ten, Faheem reworked his bedroom into a studio and began composing music. His auto-tuned voice was featured on the hit song "I'm on a Boat" in 2009 and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rap Collaboration. T-Pain's album "Epiphany" reached number one on the Billboard 200 in 2007 whereas he became the winner of the inaugural season of FOX's "The Masked Singer" in 2019. His stage name is derived from the phrase, "Tallahassee Pain," which he used to describe his childhood. He released his debut studio album, "Rappa Ternt Sanga" in 2005 and made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, "Lottery Ticket" as Junior in 2010. He appeared in ComplexLand virtual event to discuss his thoughts on the future of esports in December 2020.
T-Pain says he experienced depression
In an exclusive clip from the forthcoming Netflix series This Is Pop, the singer and rapper reveal that he fell into a depression after fellow musician Usher told him he "f---ed up music." He recalls, "Usher was my friend. I really respect Usher. And he said, 'I'm gonna tell you something, man. You kinda f---ed up music.'" The Masked Singer Season 1 winner (we miss you, Monster!) says he thought Usher was joking at first, so he laughed. "And then he was like, 'Yeah man you really f---ed up music for real singers,'" he recalls. "I was like, 'What did I do? I came out and I used Auto-Tune.' He was like, 'Yeah, you f---ed it up.' I'm like, 'But I used it, I didn't tell everybody else to start using it.'" He continues, "That is the very moment, and I don't even think I realized this for a long time, but that's the very moment that started a four-year depression for me."
- Being an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and streamer.
- For his second studio album, "Epiphany".
What is the Real Name of T-Pain?
Born on 30th September 1985, T-Pain holds American nationality and he belongs to African-American ethnicity. He was conceived in Tallahassee, Florida, the U.S. with the real name of Faheem Rasheed Najm. T-Pain's religion is Muslim and his race is black. He has celebrated his 35th birthday as of 2020 and he will be celebrating his 36th birthday in the September of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. He is the son of his father, Shasheem Najm, and his mother, Aliyah Najm. He had two older siblings, Hakim and Zakiyyah, and a younger sister, A'pril.
How was the Career of T-Pain?
- T-Pain kicks off his music career by joining the rap group Nappy Headz in 2004 where he later recorded "I'm Fucked Up".
- He then started singing instead of rapping, and subsequently recorded and released his debut album, "Rappa Ternt Sanga", on 6th December 2005 whereas his second single, "I'm N Luv (Wit a Stripper)", was released in December 2005.
- He released his second album "Epiphany", on 5th June 2007 which reached number one on both the Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, becoming his first single to top charts. The album's second single, "Bartender", was released in June 2007 whereas the third and final single from the album, "Church", was released in October of the following year but failed to chart in the United States.
- His third album, "Thr33 Ringz", was released on 11th November 2008 which was also his first under his Nappy Boy Entertainment. The album's singles includes, "Can't Believe It" (2008), "Chopped 'N' Skrewed" (2008), "Freeze" (2008).
- Later, he starred on "SNL" in February 2009 and supported the album in 2009 with his "Thr33 Ringz Tour".
- In 2008, -Pain and rapper Lil Wayne formed the duo T-Wayne and released a self-titled mixtape in late 2008 which charted on the Billboard 200 in January 2009. Their debut album was going to be released in 2009 but never was.
Everything You Need To Know About Kehlani
- He announced that he would release his fourth studio album in November 2009 and that its title would be "UBER" whereas he released the first single from his fourth studio album, "Take Your Shirt Off" in November 2009.
- As well, T-Pain developed and starred in Cartoon Network's Adult Swim animated musical special, "Freaknik: The Musical" in March 2010.
- In February 2010, he released a mixtape, "T-Pain Presents: Nappy Boy All-Stars Vol.1" as well as announced another mixtape, "prEVOLVEr", serving as a predecessor to his album on 5th May 2011.
- His first feature film, "Lottery Ticket", was released on 20th August 2010 and he was also featured on the first single by DJ Khaled called "Welcome To My Hood" off his 2011 album "We the Best Forever".
- T-Pain stated on Twitter that he would release his "prEVOLVEЯ" mixtape when he got 500,000 followers and release his album "RevolveЯ" when he got 1,000,000 followers.
- He announced on 1st April 2013 the title of his fifth studio album, then entitled "Stoicville: The Phoenix" however prior to releasing his fifth studio album, he released "T-Pain Presents Happy Hour".
- He premiered "Coming Home" as the first promotional single in support of "Stoicville" on 21st November 2014 as well as worked with Bruno Mars on his third studio album, "24K Magic", as one of the writers on the track "Straight Up & Down".
- T-Pain was revealed to be the winner of the first US season of "The Masked Singer" on 27th February 2019 as he released a surprise new album titled "1UP" and announced a new U.S. tour in support of it. He also hosted the iHeartRadio Music Awards on 14th March.
- He starred in ComplexLand virtual event to discuss his thoughts on the future of esports in December 2020.
Film and television
- T-Pain made his debut as an actor on a live-action episode of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" as Frylock in May 2009.
- Then, he developed a concept to create an animated television special, "Freaknik: The Musical" in late 2009, which he submitted to Adult Swim.
- He made his cinema acting debut in the comedy film "Lottery Ticket" as a liquor store clerk and also starred in an episode of the YouTube series "Epic Rap Battles of History" as American singer Stevie Wonder in November 2016.
- Also, he was the champion of the first season of the Fox reality music competition "The Masked Singer", as the Monster.
- T-Pain has been the host of "T-Pain's School of Business" since 2018.
- Moreover, his voice can be heard in the animated comedy film, "Tom & Jerry", singing the voice of Tom Cat in 2021.
- T-Pain refused to shorten his performance at Radio One's Spring Fest Concert in Miami on28th April 2007, which caused police presence to escalate backstage. He became agitated after concert officials stopped his performance of "Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin')". Police chased him and his entourage out of the premises and detained them.
- A warrant was issued for T-Pain's arrest for driving with a suspended license in June 2007. He subsequently turned himself into the Leon County Jail on 2nd November 2007. He was held without bail but was released three hours later.
Awards and Achievements
- BET Awards for 2009 Best Collaboration ("Blame It") with Jamie Foxx
- BET Hip Hop Awards for 2008 Best Hip-Hop Video ("Good Life") with Kanye West
- BMI Urban Awards for Song Writer Of The Year
- Ozone Music Awards for 2008 Best TJ's DJ's Tastemaker Award
- People's Choice Awards for 2008 2008, Favorite Hip-Hop Song, "Low" with Flo Rida
- Teen Choice Awards for 2008, Choice Music: Rap/Hip-Hop Track
- Vibe Awards for 2007, Song of the Year
- Brit Asia TV Music Awards for 2014, Best Music Video
Who is T-Pain Wife?
Married guy T-Pain tied a knot with his beautiful wife Amber Najm in 2003 with whom he is blessed with three children: daughter Lyriq and sons Muziq and Kaydnz Kodah (born May 2009). T-Pain has remained loyal to his wife and we are unaware of his previous divorce as well as his ex relationships. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is T-Pain Net Worth?
The talented singer T-Pain has a net worth of $10 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been revealed yet. But we can surely assume his salary around millions of dollars per year. He has also done endorsement work for several brands like Toshiba and Firefly Music Festival from where he earns a handsome amount of money. In addition, his major source of income is from his singing and acting career.
How tall is T-Pain?
The height of a good-looking singer as well as actor, T-Pain is 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm. He has 86 kg or 190 lbs of body weight with an average body build type. T-Pain has black hair and dark brown eyes color. He has inked numerous tattoos on his body which has attracted a lot of people towards him.
Trivias About T-Pain You Need To Know.
- T-pain was raised Muslim but disliked organized religion.
- His stage name is derived from the phrase, "Tallahassee Pain," which he used to describe his childhood.
- His auto-tuned voice was featured on the hit song "I'm on a Boat" in 2009, and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rap Collaboration.
- He collaborated with Lil Wayne on "Got Money" in 2008.
- By the age of 10, he had converted his bedroom into a music studio.