Facts About Tai Tuivasa
|Celebrated Name||Tai Tuivasa|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Bam Bam|
|Birth Name||Tai Anthony Tuivasa|
|Place Of Birth||Sydney|
|Famous For||Popular Australian MMA fighter|
|Home Town||Western Sydney suburb of Mt Druitt|
|Career Start||Turned professional in 2012|
|Awards||One time Australian Fighting Championship (AFC) Heavyweight Champion|
|Wife||Sister of UFC light heavyweight fighter Tyson Pedro|
|Residence||St. Marys, Australia|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||263 lbs 119 kg|
|Source of Wealth||Contract, salary, bonus, endorsements|
Tai Anthony Tuivasa, professionally known as Tai Tuivasa is an Australian mixed martial artist. Tuivasa is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship and fights under the heavyweight division. He made his professional debut in 2012 and made his UFC debut in late 2017. As of July 2021, he has recorded 12 wins in 15 MMA fights, 14 wins in 16 kickboxing fights, and 5 wins in 7 boxing fights. He is a one-time Australian Fighting Championship (AFC) Heavyweight Champion and was awarded the International Sportsperson of the Year at the 2018 National Dreamtime Awards.
What is Tai Tuivasa Famous For?
- Popular Australian MMA fighter.
Where is Tai Tuivasa From?
Tai Tuivasa was born on 16 March 1993. His birth name is Tai Anthony Tuivasa. His birth place is in Sydney in Australia. He holds an Australian nationality. He was born to a Samoan father, Tony Tuivasa, and an Indigenous Australian (Wiradjuri) mother, Kerry Johnson. He grew up in the western Sydney suburb of Mt Druitt. He has 11 siblings. He belongs to mixed ethnicity and his zodiac sign is Pisces.
As a youth, he played rugby and was signed professionally by the Sydney Roosters rugby league club. He left rugby as a result of his gambling addiction.
Tai Tuivasa Career
- Tai Tuivasa made his professional MMA debut in 2012 in Australia.
- He won all of his fights with knockouts.
- He also fought a couple of MMA mixed rules bouts with Combat 8 promotions.
- He defeated Australian former rugby league representative John Hopoate at Combat 8:02 in December 2012 via TKO.
- He lost to Peter Graham at Combat 8:03 via TKO.
- He signed with UFC in 2016.
- However, he had to wait for his UFC debut for almost a year due to his knee injury and subsequent surgery.
- He made his UFC debut against Rashad Coulter at UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura in November 2017. His first-round TKO earned him the Performance of the Night bonus as well.
- He defeated Cyril Asker at UFC 221 via TKO in the first round in February 2018.
- He reached UFC's official rankings at no. 15 in February 2018.
- He signed a four-year contract extension with UFC in March 2018.
- He lost to Junior dos Santos via technical knockout in the second round at UFC Fight Night 142 in December 2018.
- He then lost to Blagoy Ivanov via unanimous decision at UFC 238 and to Sergey Spivak via arm-triangle choke at UFC 243 in 2019.
- His fight with Jarjis Danho at UFC 251 was postponed indefinitely.
- He defeated Stefan Struve at UFC 254 via knockout in the first round in October 2020.
- He defeated newcomer Harry Hunsucker at UFC on ESPN 21 via technical knockout in round one in March 2021.
- He defeated Greg Hardy at UFC 264 in July 2021. The fight also earned him the Performance of the Night award.
- As of July 2021, he has recorded 12 wins with 11 knockouts and 1 by decision. He has suffered only 3 losses to date.
- Alongside his MMA career, he has also fought several boxing matches. He has recorded 5 wins and 2 losses to date.
- He made his professional boxing debut against Nathan McKay in December 2013. He won via knockout.
- He defeated Brett Smith and Willie Nasio to reach the Eight man heavyweight tournament final in 2014. He lost to Michael Kirby in the final.
- He defeated Hamad Alloush, David Tuitupou to reach the Frank Bianco Cup Heavyweight tournament final in 2016, where he lost to Demsey McKean.
- He has also compiled 14 wins and 2 losses in kickboxing.
Who is Tai Tuivasa Wife?
Tai Tuivasa is a married man. The Australian MMA fighter is married to the sister of UFC light heavyweight fighter Tyson Pedro. The couple has a daughter together. More details about his personal life will be updated here.
He lives in St. Marys, Australia.
What is Tai Tuivasa Height and Weight?
Tai Tuivasa stands at a height of 1.88 m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 263 lbs i.e. 119 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has a reach of 75 inches. His sexual orientation is straight. His eye color is brown and his hair color is black.
What are Tai Tuivasa Career Earnings and Net Worth?
Tai Tuivasa earns from his professional career as an MMA fighter. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. Currently signed to the UFC, he has recorded 12 wins with 11 knockouts. As of July 2021, he has earned around $700,000 from his MMA fights. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated at around $500,000.
Trivias About Tai Tuivasa You Need To Know.
- He was once addicted to gambling.
- He became the first Indigenous Australian to win a UFC fight.
- Tuivasa and his brother-in-law Tyson Pedro hosts the podcast, The Halfcast Podcast.
- The Sydney newspaper The Daily Telegraph named his shoey (a celebration where he drinks beer from a borrowed shoe), "Shoeyvasa".
- He is part of the TK MMA & Fitness team.
- Previously, he was part of Tiger Muay Thai and MMA American Kickboxing Academy.