Last updated on August 19th, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Facts About Tameka Cottle
|Celebrated Name||Tameka Cottle|
|Age||47 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Tameka Dianne Harris|
|Place Of Birth||College Park, Georgia|
|Education||Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School|
|Marital Status||Divorced [Single]|
|Spouse||T.I. (M. 2010; Div. 2016)|
|Son||King Harries and Major Philant Harris|
|Daughter||Zonnique Jailee Pullins and Heiress Diana Harris|
|Father||Charles “Speedy” Pope|
|Height||4 feet 11 inches|
|Net Worth||$ 8 million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
An American singer-songwriter, Tameka Cottle has gained wide popularity for being a member of the American multi-platinum R&B vocal group, Xscape. Cottle is further known for her writing contributions on the TLC hit No Scrubs for which she received a Grammy Award. Most of the time, she is known for being an ex-wife of the eminent singer T.I.
What is Tameka Cottle Famous for?
- An American singer, songwriter, and Television personality.
- Being a member of the American multi-platinum R&B vocal group, Xscape.
- Her writing contributions on the TLC hit No Scrubs.
Where is Tameka Cottle born?
Back in her early life, Tameka Cottle was born in College Park, Georgia, the United States of American as Tameka Dianne Harris. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is African-American. Her birth sign is Cancer.
She was born to American parents Dianne Cottle and Charles “Speedy” Pope and was raised in the same place where she was born. She was raised by her parents. There is no further information about the family background of Tameka Cottle. It is believed that her uncle, Joseph Pope formed the R&B band ‘The Tams’.
Talking about the educational background of Tameka Cottle, she attended Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School and she was discovered by producer Jermaine Dupri while singing at a Martin Luther King, Jr. birthday celebration in Atlanta.
When did Tameka pursue her singing career?
- Tameka Cottle initiated her career as a group member of Xscape and contributed to releasing albums ‘Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha’, ‘Off the Hook’, and ‘Traces of My Lipstick’.
- Likewise, being a member of Xscape, Cottle received several awards such as two Soul Train Music Awards for Best New R&B Artist and Best R&B Album and the A-Town Music Award for Best Duo/Group. Cottle has given her lead vocals on Xscape's hit songs including Understanding, Do You Want To?, All I Need, Love's a Funny Thing, etc.
- Moreover, Cottle has further recorded soundtracks for Soul Food, Panther, Bad Boys, and Love Jones. For her writing contributions on the TLC hit No Scrubs, Cottle and her fellow former Xscape group member, Kandi Burruss received a Grammy Award in 2002.
- Cottle has further won the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers award. Similarly, Cottle is also involved in a project with Kiesha Miles OMG Girlz. Likewise, her reality series, Tiny, and Toya aired on BET in June 2009.
- On July 22, 2014, Tameka returned to the music industry under her new label Pretty Hustle, with her first solo single "What The Fuck You Gon Do?". Within a few hours of "WTFYGD" being released, it reached the number 5 spot on the iTunes R&B/Soul charts and less than 24 hours after release it became the number one song on the charts for the genre.
- In 2018, Tiny Harris took a break from her XSCAP3 EP Promo to spend some quality time with her one-year-old daughter Heiress.
What is the current marital status of Tameka Cottle?
Reflecting his personal life, Tameka Cottle was previously in a relationship with Zonnie "Zeboe" Pullins in 1992. The couple also has a daughter Zonnique Jailee Pullins born on March 20, 1996. Zonnique is also a musician. However, the couple weren't able to continue their relationship and finally separated after six years in 1998.
Later in 2000, Cottle began dating rapper T.I. And after dating for 10 years the couple decided to take their relationship to the next level and finally tied the knot on July 30, 2010, in Miami Beach, Florida. The duo welcomed their first son, King Harris on August 25, 2004, and second son Major Philant Harris on May 16, 2008. Similarly, on March 26, 2016, Cottle gave birth to their daughter Heiress Diana Harris.
But the things didn't go well in between the couple. So, in December 2016, Cottle filed a divorce with her husband T.I. And in the same month, the couple divorced after six years of their marriage. Moreover, she previously dated boyfriend, Tupac Shakur. Well, she is currently single and there are no rumors of her affairs.
How much is Tameka Cottle net worth?
Tameka Cottle is living a lavish life with her children. Cottle earns an astonishing amount of money from her singing and songwriting career. As of now, Cottle has an estimated net worth of $8 million. However, her salary was not disclosed yet. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
On October 6, 2014, Cottle and her ex-husband, T.I. bought a house in Los Angeles for $1,481,500. The house was built in 2004 which occupies the space of 12,973 Sq ft and features 6 bedroom and 9 full bathrooms.
How tall is Tameka Cottle?
Observing her body statistics, Tameka Cottle has a height of 4 feet 11 inches and weight is 121 lbs. Her hair is black in color. Also, his eyes color are black. Her other body information was not disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Tameka Cottle You Need To Know.
- She has made a comeback to the music scene with her group Xscape and has released a single "Wassup" with the group. They release their highly anticipated fourth album in seven years, by the end of 2005.