Tanner Kero - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Contract, Wife, Family, Nationality, Height, Facts, Parents, Awards, Career, Current Team, Position, Wiki
Tanner Kero is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently playing with the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). His playing position is Center. Prior to his collegiate hockey career, Kero played for the Marquette Rangers in the NAHL and played for the Fargo Force in the USHL. He played junior hockey in the North American Hockey League and was the league's rookie of the year in 2009-2010. Also, he played four seasons of NCAA Division I hockey with the Michigan Tech Huskies. On 2nd April 2015, the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL) signed Kero to a two-year entry-level contract. He made his NHL debut on October 29, 2015, in a 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets. On 1st July 2019, having left the Canucks as a free agent, he was signed to a two-year, two-way contract with the Dallas Stars.
Blackhawks' Brett Connolly suspended four games for hit on Stars' Tanner Kero
Chicago Blackhawks forward Brett Connolly was handed a four-game suspension for his hit on Dallas Stars forward Tanner Kero, which led to Kero being taken off the ice on a stretcher. The incident occurred during the first period in Saturday's game between the two teams. As the Stars were executing a breakout from their own zone, Connolly hit an unsuspecting Kero at full speed, knocking him to the ice near the boards. Kero lay motionless on the ice as play was stopped and a stretcher was quickly brought out onto the ice. Connolly was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for interference for the hit. It was only the veteran forward's second game of the season after he began the campaign in the AHL following an off-season trade from the Panthers. The Stars scored two goals during the five-minute power play. In 11 NHL games this season, he has two assists.
What is Tanner Kero Famous For?
- Being a professional ice hockey player.
- Being the player for the Dallas Stars of the NHL.
Who are the Parents of Tanner Kero? Know About His Family Life, Siblings and Education
Tanner Kero was born on July 24, 1992, with the birth name of Tanner James Kero. He is from Southfield, Michigan, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is American-White. His race is White. About his parents, he was born to his father, Dale, and his mother, Joan Kero. He grew up with his nine siblings; five sisters and four brothers namely Dawson, Devin, Hunter, and more. One of his sisters, Jordanna played for the Michigan Tech volleyball team. He cut his 29th birthday cake as of 2021. Leo is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his education, he attended Michigan Tech where he had a grade point average of 3.68 in mathematics. Initially, he played for the Marquette Rangers in the NAHL. He led the league in goals (with 32) and was named the league's "Rookie of the Year". Then, he played for the Fargo Force in the USHL where he posted 13 goals, 24 assists, and 37 points in 55 games and earned a spot on the USHL Western Conference All-Star Team. At Michigan Technological University, he played four seasons of NCAA Division I hockey with the Michigan Tech Huskies, where he registered 55 goals, 56 assists, 111 points, and 67 penalty minutes in 153 games. His outstanding play was recognized with numerous awards including being selected as the 2014-15 WCHA Player of the Year and being named to the 2014-15 NCAA (West) First All-American Team during his senior year.
Tanner Kero Career Timeline
- Tanner Kero started his professional career signing with the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL) for a two-year entry-level contract.
- He then began his 2015-2016 season assigned to AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs.
- Later, the Blackhawks recalled him to the NHL on 27th October 2015 and made his NHL debut on 29th October 2015 against the Winnipeg Jets in a 3-1 loss.
- He scored his very first NHL goal on 6th November shooting past Cory Schneider, in a 4-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils.
- The Blackhawks then signed Kero to a two-year contract extension on 23rd March 2017.
- After then, he was traded to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Michael Chaput on 24th June 2019.
- On 1st July 2019, having left the Canucks as a free agent, he was signed to a two-year, two-way contract with the Dallas Stars.
Tanner Kero Awards and Achievements
- NAHL Rookie of the Year: 2009-10
- WCHA Scoring Champion (46 points): 2014-15
- WCHA Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year: 2014-15
- All-WCHA First Team: 2014-15
- WCHA Player of the Year: 2014-15
- NCAA (West) First All-American Team: 2014-15
- Hobey Baker Award Finalist: 2014-15
Tanner Kero Net Worth: How much is he making?
Tanner Kero is a successful hockey player. The net worth of Tanner Kero is estimated to have between $5 Million-$10 Million as of 2021. His source of wealth is from his NHL career and he is satisfied with his earnings at present. He is living a standard lifestyle as of today. His exact salary and annual earning are still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a cool amount of money from his profession.
Who is Tanner Kero married to?
Tanner Kero is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Taylor Kero in the year 2015. There are no further details regarding his personal life and their married life. Details on how they met each other are still to get revealed yet. Without a doubt, Tanner is living a happy life with his spouse.
The duo is the proud parents of two children; two boys. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Tanner Kero Height and Weight
Tanner Kero is a handsome man with an athletic body type. He stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft 0 in (183 cm) and his balanced bodyweight consists of 185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb). He has got attractive looks with a charming personality luring a lot of ladies towards him. His other body size is still to get disclosed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Tanner Kero You Need To Know.
- Tanner Kero made his NHL debut on October 29, 2015, in a 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets.
- He has nine siblings.
- His playing position is Center.
- He played junior hockey in the North American Hockey League and was the league's rookie of the year in 2009-2010.
- His current team is the Dallas Stars of the NHL.