Tanya Roberts - Bio, Net Worth, Life Story, Death, Cause of Death, Husband, Partner, Family, Nationality, Age, Parents, Siblings, Height, Wiki, Kids
Victoria Leigh Blum, popularly known as Tanya Roberts was an American actress, producer, and model. Having started her career as a model, Roberts later starred in several movies and television series. She is best known for playing Julie Rogers in the final season of the 1970s television series, Charlie's Angels. She is also known for her role as Stacey Sutton in the James Bond film, A View to a Kill and as Midge Pinciotti in Fox period sitcom, That '70s Show.
Tragically, she died aged 65 on 4 January 2021. The following biography sheds light upon Tanya Roberts's life story, career, and personal life and the GossipGist family pays heartfelt condolence to the Roberts family.
What is Tanya Roberts Famous For?
- Her role as Julie Rogers in the final season of the 1970s television series, Charlie's Angels.
- Her role as Stacey Sutton in the James Bond film, A View to a Kill.
- Her role as Midge Pinciotti in the Fox period sitcom, That '70s Show.
Where is Tanya Roberts From?
Tanya Roberts was born on 15 October 1955. Her birth name is Victoria Leigh Blum. Her birth place is in the Bronx, New York City, New York in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She has an older sister named Barbara. Her hometown is the central Bronx. She was born to a father, Oscar Maximilian Blum, and a mother, Dorothy Leigh Smith. After her parents' divorce, she lived in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It is where she developed an interest in a modeling career. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She belonged to white ethnicity and her religion was Christianity.
Tanya Roberts Career
- She was in her teen age when she developed interests in a modeling career.
- She left high school at the age of 15 to pursue modeling.
- She returned to New York City and became a fashion and cover model. She modeled in several television commercials in her initial career.
- She then studied acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg and Uta Hagen under the name Tanya Roberts.
- She then starred in numerous off-Broadway productions including Picnic and Antigone.
- During her initial career, she supported herself as an Arthur Murray dance instructor.
- She made her film debut with the horror film, Forced Entry in 1975.
- Her screen debut is in The Last Victim in 1976.
- She moved to Hollywood in 1977 with her screenwriter husband, Barry Roberts.
- She successfully won the role of Julie Rogers in the fifth season of the detective tv series, Charlie's Angels in 1980.
- The series was canceled after the fifth season due to degrading ratings.
- She is also known for her role as Midge Pinciotti in the period sitcom, That '70s Show from 1998 to 2004.
- She left the show following its 3rd season because her husband had become terminally ill. She later returned for the guest appearances in the show in 2004.
- She appeared in the main role in the erotic anthology series, Hot Line from 1994 to 1996.
- She guest appeared in several other television series and sitcoms including Barbershop, Eve, Off Centre, High Tide, and Silk Stalkings among others.
- She had guest voice roles in series, The Blues Brothers Animated Series, The Angry Beavers, and Filmmore!.
- She also starred in several television movies such as Zuma Beach, Pleasure Cove, Waikiki, Murder Me Murder You, and Favorite Deadly Sins.
- Roberts starring films are The Private Files of J. Edgar Hoover, Fingers, Tourist Trap, California Dreaming, Racquet, The Beastmaster, Hearts and Armour, Sheena, A View to a Kill, Body Slam, Purgatory, Twisted Justice, Night Eyes, Inner Sanctum, Legal Tender, Almost Pregnant, Sins of Desire, and Deep Down.
- She retired from acting in 2005.
- She wrote the foreword to the book The Q Guide to Charlie's Angels in 2008.
Tanya Roberts Husband
Tanya Roberts was previously married to Barry Roberts. They first met when she was a struggling model and Barry was a psychology student. She proposed to him in a subway station in 1974 and got married in the same year. They had no children. They remained married until Barry's death in 2006.
She lived in Hollywood Hills, California. She had been in a relationship with Lance O'Brien until her death in January 2021.
Tanya Roberts Cause of Death
Tanya Roberts died at the age of 65 on 4 January 2021. She was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles after she suffered intestinal pain and breathing problems in December 2020. She collapsed on her home on 24 December and could not get up. She was placed on a ventilator. She was critically ill from a urinary tract infection that entered her organs and bloodstream. It led to a blood infection. Her history of hepatitis C worsened her condition. She died on 4th December and her death was confirmed on the next day. Her partner O'Brien mistakenly reported on 3 January that Roberts died. She was alive until the next day.
Tanya Roberts Height
Tanya Roberts stood at the height of 1. 73 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. She had a body weight of around 125 lbs i.e. 57 kg. Her body measurements were around 37-24-35 inches. She had a voluptuous body build. Her eye color was blue and her hair color was dark brown. Her sexual orientation was straight.
Tanya Roberts Net Worth
Tanya Roberts was a popular actress whose career spanned from 1975 until her retirement from acting in 2005. During the period, she starred in numerous movies and television series. She had started her career as a model. She made her fortune working in the entertainment industry. Around the time of her death, her net worth was estimated at $10 million.
Trivias About Tanya Roberts You Need To Know.
- She was the second child.
- Her father worked as a fountain pen salesman to support his family.
- She did not graduate high school.
- She lived for a while hitchhiking across the US after quitting high school.
- She was selected from around 2,000 candidates to replace Shelley Hack in the fifth season of the detective television series, Charlie's Angels in 1980.
- She has a character in the 1996 video game, The Pandora Directive.
- She was nominated for Worst Actress at the Razzie Awards for the 1984 fantasy movies, Sheena: Queen of the Jungle and the 1985 film, A View to a Kill.
- She was active on social media hosting video chats on Facebook and Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic.