Last updated on November 17th, 2021 at 05:17 pm
Facts About Taylor Lautner
|Celebrated Name||Taylor Lautner|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Taylor Lautner|
|Birth Name||Taylor Daniel Lautner|
|Place Of Birth||Grand Rapids, Michigan|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Best Known For||The Twilight Saga|
|Debut Movie||Shadow Fury|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Height||1.78m(5 feet and 10 inches)|
|Weight||76kg (168 lbs.)|
|First Award||Scream Awards|
|Total Number of Awards||17|
|Total Featured Movies||10|
|Number Of TV Appearences||15|
|Home Town||Hudsonville, Michigan|
|Education||Valencia High School in Valencia, California|
|Source of Wealth||His acting career|
|Chest Size||35 inches|
|Waist Size||29 inches|
|Bicep Size||14 inches|
|Links||Wikipedia Facebook Instagram Twitter|
Taylor Lautner is an American actor, voice actor, and model who is best known for his role of Jacob Black in The Twilight Saga film series' five films. The film series is based on the novels of the same name written by Stephanie Meyer. The film series also features actor, Robert Pattinson, and actress, Kristen Stewart. Taylor made his acting debut with the role of Young Kismet in the action/ science-fiction film "Shadow Fury" in 2001. He also starred in the British sitcom "Cuckoo" from 2014-2018. He has acted in various films and series including "Grown Ups 2", "Tracers", "Run The Tide", "Scream Queens", and "My Own Worst Enemy".
He won his first award: Scream Awards for Male Breakout Performance for his role in the American romantic fantasy film "Twilight" in 2009. He has won sixteen choice awards throughout his career. He also got ranked on the second position on Glamour's "The 50 Sexiest Men of 2010" list, and fourth on People's "Most Amazing Bodies" list in 2010.
Besides on November 18, 2020, it has been announced that Taylor will be seen reprising his breakthrough role of Sharkboy in the film, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D's sequel "We Can be Heroes" which is set to be released on January 1, 2021, on Netflix. The film will be directed and produced by Robert Rodriguez who also directed "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D". In 2005, Taylor got his career breakthrough with the role of Sharkboy in the adventure film "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D".
He is active in the social media platform with around 6 million followers on his verified Instagram account: @taylorlautner and has around 97k followers on his Twitter account: @TaylorLautner01
What is Taylor Lautner famous for?
- Famous as an American actor, voice actor, and model
- Known for his role as Jacob Black in The Twilight Saga film series
Where is Taylor Lautner from?
Taylor Lautner was born on February 11, 1992, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States. His birth name is Taylor Daniel Lautner. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is mixed while Aquarius is his zodiac sign. He is of Austrian, Dutch, English, German, French, Irish and Swiss descent.
Taylor was born as the eldest son of Deborah Lautner(mother) and Daniel Lautner(father). His mother works for a software development company while his father was a Midwest Airlines pilot. He has a younger sister named Makena.
He was raised as a Catholic in his hometown, Michigan along with his sister. When he was six years old, he took his first karate class. After a year, he joined the national karate tournament in Louisville, Kentucky where he met the founder of Xtreme Martial Arts, Michael Chaturantabut.
By the age of 8, he earned his black belt after training with Chaturantabut who invited Taylor to attend a camp held at the University of California, Los Angeles. He won various junior world championships.
Since his childhood, he was interested in acting. So, he joined the school's theatre team. However, he used to get bullied in school as he performed in school dramas. While in school, he participated in karate, baseball, and hip-hop dance. He also won the award for "Best Smile". Taylor also played for his school's Turkey Bowl American Football game.
Later, he attended Valencia High School School and got graduated. His karate teacher, Chaturantabut encouraged him to pursue his career in acting. He flew to Los Angeles for auditions when his talent agency called and returned to Grand Rapids.
He managed karate, acting, learning hip-hop dance, and playing at school's football and baseball team while enrolling at the school. Later in 2002, his family moved to Santa Clarita, California for him to pursue his career as an actor. After moving to California, he began appearing in small television roles, ads, and commercials.
Taylor Lautner Career: Highlights
- Taylor Lautner started his professional acting career in 2001 by playing the role of Young Kismet in the action/science-fiction film "Shadow Fury".
- Then, he gave his voice for the 2003 American animated comedy crossover film "Rugrats Go Wild".
- He got his breakthrough with his role of Sharkboy in the American adventure film "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D" in 2005. He also got nominated for Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a Feature Film- Young Lead Actor.
- He then worked in various TV series and shows including "The Bernie Mac Show", "The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour", "My Wife and Kids", "Summerland", and "Love, Inc".
- In 2005, he gave his voice for the role of Ned/ Dennis on the American animated mystery comedy television series "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" for two episodes.
- He appeared in the lead role of Jack Spivey in the short-lived NBC drama "My Own Worst Enemy" in 2008.
- Taylor rose to fame after he portrayed the role of Jacob Black in the Twilight Saga film series' first film "Twilight" in 2008. His role was appreciated a lot and earned him a Scream Awards for Male Breakout Performance.
- His role of Jacob Black is an attractive Native American of the Quileute tribe and werewolf.
- In 2009, he reprised his role of Jacob Black in the Twilight Saga film series' second film and the sequel of Twilight "The Twilight Saga: New Moon".
- The film also became commercially successful and earned him three Awards.
- Since then, he has not looked back in his career and has acted in various films including "Abduction", "Grown Ups 2", "Tracers", "The Ridiculous 6", and "Run The Tide".
- He also played the role of Willy Harrington in the 2010 American comedy film "Valentine's Day" alongside his then rumored girlfriend, Taylor Swift.
- He became a teen idol and sex symbol, after extensively changing his physique to keep the role of Jacob Black in further Twilight installments, and generating media attention for his looks.
- On December 12, 2009, he hosted Saturday Night Live! and became one of the youngest celebrity hosts to do so.
- Taylor returned to his role of Jacob Black in the third Twilight film "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" in 2010. The film became the highest-grossing film of the franchise and the highest-grossing romantic fantasy, werewolf, and vampire movie of all time at the American and Canadian box office.
- In the same year, he was considered to be the highest-paid teen actor in Hollywood.
- He continued reprising the role of Jacob Black in the fourth Twilight saga film "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn-Part 1" and "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn-Part 2" in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
- He also portrayed the main role of Dale Ashbrick Jr. in the BBC sitcom "Cuckoo" from 2014-2018.
- In 2016, he played the leading role of Dr. Cassidy Cascade in the second season of FOX black comedy series "Scream Queens".
- At present, he is busy shooting for his upcoming film and series.
- On 18 November 2020, it was announced that he will be seen reprising his role of Sharkboy in the 2005 film, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D's sequel film "We Can be Heroes" which is set to be released on January 1, 2021, via Netflix.
- 6 Teen Choice Awards
- 2 People's Choice Awards
- 3 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards
- 3 Golden Raspberry Awards
- 1 Scream Award
- 1 Nickelodeon Australian Kids' Choice Award
Taylor Lautner Girlfriend
Taylor Lautner is not married. However, Taylor is currently dating his girlfriend, Taylor Dome. Dome is a nurse from California. The couple has been publicly dating each other since 2018. At present, he lives a happy life with his parents and sister in Valencia, California. He doesn't take drugs and is alcohol-free. He still practices and trains in martial arts regularly. Previously, he dated American singer-songwriter and actress, Taylor Swift with whom he met while filming Valentine's Day in October 2009. The couple broke up later that year. Then, he dated a British-American actress and model from November 2010 to September 2011. He also was in a romantic relationship with Canadian-Greek actress, Marie Avgeropoulos from 2013-2015. He also dated actress and Scream Queens co-star Billie Lourd from September 2016 to July 2017.
Taylor Lautner Net Worth
Taylor Lautner has quite good earnings from his profession as an actor, model, and voice artist. Having his career started in 2001, Taylor has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent actors in Hollywood. With his earnings from his several films and series, Taylor has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $40 million as of 2020. In 2010, he was named the highest-paid teenage actor in Hollywood. He also owns BMW 5 series, with dark-tinted windows intended to provide anonymity. At present, he is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle with his earning.
Taylor Lautner Height
Taylor Lautner is a handsome man with an awesome athletic body physique in his late 20s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 8inches. (1.74m) while his body weighs around 74kg(163 pounds). He has a fair complexion with black hair and a pair of brown eyes. His chest size is 35 inches and his biceps size is 14 inches. In 2010, he became a teen idol and sex symbol, after extensively changing his physique to keep the role of Jacob Black in further Twilight installments, and generating media attention for his looks. He also got ranked on the second position on Glamour's "The 50 Sexiest Men of 2010" list, and fourth on People's "Most Amazing Bodies" list in 2010. He also was named number one on Access Hollywood's "Top 5 Hollywood Abs" list.
Trivias About Taylor Lautner You Need To Know.
- He was named Hollywood's highest-paid teen actor in 2010.
- He has participated in the 2010 Celebrity Beach Bowl.
- He was ranked no. 3 on "Men's Health Magazine's Top 10 Best Summer Bodies."
- He was ranked at no. 2 on E!'s "Hottest Men of 2010".
- He was ranked at no. 4 on People Magazines "50 Most Amazing Bodies" in 2010.
- In 2010, he was maned one of GQ Magazine's "Men of the Year".
- He was named one of People Magazine's "100 Most Beautiful People of 2011".
- He fears reptiles and sharks.
- He does not take drugs and alcohol.
- He gained his black belt at age of eight.