Last updated on August 25th, 2023 at 03:14 am
Facts About Ted Cruz
|Celebrated Name||Ted Cruz|
|Age||52 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Rafael Edward “Ted” Cruz|
|Place Of Birth||Calgary|
|Father||Rafael Bienvenido Cru|
|Mother||Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson|
|High School||Second Baptist High School|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Net Worth||$3.5 Million|
Rafael Edward Cruz shortly named as Ted Cruz is an American politician. Moreover, he is also an attorney serving as the junior United States Senator for Texas since 2013. He was the runner-up for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election. He held various government positions from 1999 to the year 2003, serving as Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), as an Associate Deputy Attorney General at the United States Department of Justice, and as a Domestic Policy Advisor to George W. Bush during Bush's 2000 presidential campaign. Additionally, he served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008. In 2012, Cruz ran for and won the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by fellow Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison. He was re-elected to the Senate in 2018, defeating Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke by a slim margin of 50.9% to 48.3% in the most expensive Senate race in U.S. history. Overall, he is a very talented politician.
Ted Cruz mocks Eric Swalwell over fartgate - as Democrat fires back by recalling time Texas Senator 'liked' a porn video on Twitter
Ted Cruz tweeted a scene from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in which Steve Martin’s character appears to relieve himself at the table. Leaked footage of Swalwell on MSNBC last night...' the Texas Senator wrote. Swalwell came back with a wisecrack of his own as he reminded Cruz of the time in 2017 when his Twitter account 'liked' a pornographic film. The jokes came after democratic Congressman Eric Swalwell of California had to deal with the sound of someone passing gas during a TV interview on Monday.
For being a member of the United States Senate. He was elected to the Senate in 2013 from Texas.
For being one of the Republican candidates for the Presidential election in 2016. However, he couldn’t overcome stiff competition from Donald Trump to become the official Republican nominee for the election.
Who are the Parents of Ted Cruz?
On 22nd December 1970, Ted Cruz was born with the birth name of Rafael Edward “Ted” Cruz. His birthplace is in Calgary, Canada. He was born to his parents; Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz. His nationality is Canadian-American and his ethnicity is White. At the time of his birth, his parents were working in the oil business. The family eventually moved to the United States. He had two older half-sisters from his father's previous marriage. Regarding his education, he is graduated from Second Baptist High School in Houston, as valedictorian in 1988 and later he attended Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, and graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy in 1992. Moreover, he also proceeded to study law from the Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree. As of 2018, he celebrated his 48th birthday with his friends. He is Christian by religion.
How tall is Ted Cruz?
Being at the age of forty-eight, he has got a very young and handsome look. His skin tone is white. He stands at the tall height of 5 feet 10 inches with a balanced bodyweight of 149 lbs. His body build is large. His eye color and hair color, are dark brown. He also kept a beard which makes him even attractive. His other body measurements will be added soon once we get details about it. Overall, he has got a very fit and healthy body as he maintains his body a lot.
How was the Career of Ted Cruz?
- Ted started his legal career by serving as a law clerk to J. Michael Luttig of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in 1995 and to William Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States, in 1996.
- He then finished his clerkships and took a position with Cooper, Carvin & Rosenthal, now known as Cooper & Kirk, PLLC, from 1997 to 1998.
- He helped to prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton during the period.
- He then joined the George W. Bush presidential campaign as a domestic policy adviser and advised Bush on issues relating to policy and legal matters, including civil justice, criminal justice, constitutional law, immigration, and government reform in the year 1999.
- He was appointed to the office of Solicitor General of Texas by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and he served in that position from 2003 to 2008.
- He was involved in several high profile cases and argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five cases and losing four.
- He authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments.
- After leaving the Solicitor General position in 2008, he worked in a private law firm in Houston, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, often representing corporate clients, until he was sworn in as U.S. senator from Texas in 2013.
- Moreover, he also defended two record-setting $54 million personal injury awards in New Mexico at the appellate level.
- He announced his candidacy and earned the support of leading figures like Sarah Palin and Rand Paul, who campaigned for him in 2011.
- He surprised everyone by winning the election in 2012 and he assumed office as the United States Senator from Texas in January 2013.
- Being the senator he serves on several committees including the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation; the Committee on Armed Services; the Committee on the Judiciary; the Joint Economic Committee; and the Committee on Rules and Administration.
- He also gained some criticism for his use of harsh words for fellow politicians including President Obama.
- In March 2015, he announced his candidacy for the President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election.
- As of November 2018, Cruz has sponsored 105 bills of his own.
- He praised Gorsuch as "brilliant and immensely talented" in a written statement after Trump announced Neil Gorsuch as his Supreme Court nominee in January 2017.
- He showed interest in Trump nominating young justices in the mold of Scalia and Clarence Thomas on 23rd February 2017.
- He wrote, "President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo." in April 2018.
- He ran for reelection to a second term in 2018 and easily won the Republican nomination with over 80% of the vote.
- He defeated O'Rourke by a margin of 50.9% to 48.3% on 6th November 2018.
- Moreover, he opposes both same-sex marriage and civil unions. He believes that marriage should be legally defined as only "between one man and one woman" but believes that the legality of same-sex marriage should be left to each state to decide.
Who is the wife of Ted Cruz?
Ted Cruz is a married person. He was married to his spouse, Heidi Nelson on 27th May 2001. His wife previously worked in the White House for Condoleezza Rice and in New York as an investment banker. The couple met when Cruz was working on George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign. Heidi took leave from her position as head of the Southwest Region in the Investment Management Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co. in 2016 to support Ted Cruz's run for the U.S. president. The couple also has two daughters named Caroline and Catherine. As of today, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances. Their relationship is getting stronger with the passage of time.
What is the Net Worth of Ted Cruz?
Ted has accumulated a huge amount of net worth from his career. As of 2019, Ted Cruz has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million. But his exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added once we get details about it. His major source of earning is from his political career. He is satisfied with whatever he is receiving now. He is a very hardworking person and he deserves all the wealth he is earning now.
Trivias About Ted Cruz You Need To Know.
- He was the runner-up for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.
- In 2012, Cruz ran for and won the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by fellow Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison.
- He was re-elected to the Senate in 2018, defeating Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke by a slim margin of 50.9% to 48.3% in the most expensive Senate race in U.S. history.
- He was born to his parents; Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz.
- At the time of his birth, his parents were working in the oil business.