Tegan Nox - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Dating, Relationship, Real Name, Family, Parents, Nationality, Awards, Height, Weight, Facts, Career, Salary, Wiki
Steffanie Rhiannon Newell, professionally known as Tegan Nox is a Welsh professional wrestler who is best known for her time in WWE. She is a pro-wrestler who's signed with the WWE and has competed in their NXT brand. Her given name is Stephanie Newell and she's competed against major names like Lana Austin, Mercedes Martinez, and Vanessa Borne. She previously wrestled on the British independent circuit under the ring name Nixon Newell, most notably for promotions such as Attack! Pro Wrestling, Progress Wrestling, What Culture Pro Wrestling, and Fight Club: Pro. Tegan played football as a child and at one point took part in trials for Cardiff City and the Welsh national team. But she suffered a knee injury at age 13, she suffered a knee injury which cost her a place on the Wales Under-16 team. She later found a professional wrestling school in Port Talbot and began training under Dave Stewart and "Wild Boar" Mike Hitchman. Additionally, Nox was drafted to the Raw brand as part of the 2021 Draft while Shotzi remained on the SmackDown brand, thus ending the team.
Rhea Ripley explains exactly how Tegan Nox TWICE saved her career in WWE
Rhea Ripley is still in her first year on the main roster, but her rise has been nothing short of mercurial. The Aussie only turned 25 last month but has already won a world title at WrestleMania and even before debuting on RAW had defended her NXT Women's title at the previous WrestleMania against Charlotte Flair. Ripley has achieved a lot, but she told talkSPORT how she nearly didn't achieve any of it.
The current Women's tag team champion reacted to the release of Tegan Nox this week, tweeting: "FACT. There would be no Rhea Ripley if it wasn't for @TeganNoxWWE_. She literally saved my job more than once. Thank you, friend, go kill it!" "Tegan is someone I hold very, very dear to my heart," Ripple explained. "I know that I might have been a bit harsh on social media after the whole injury in the Mae Young Classic, but that whole time that I was posting those, I really did feel very bad because she really did help me through a lot." Tegan doesn't understand how much I appreciate her and what she's done for me. But there was a time at the Performance Center where my name was on the list to get fired and I'd only been there for a year. "One of the guys found out I was on that list and he told her - he didn't tell me because he knew I'd freak out - but he told her and was like look, you've got to make Rhea look good because this might be her last match here otherwise.' And that's exactly what she did," Ripley said, beaming.
- Being a Welsh professional wrestler.
- For signing with the WWE.
- Being the first female wrestler to compete in the Wolverhampton-based Fight Club: Pro competition in 2015.
What is Tegan Nox Real Name?
Tegan Nox opened her eyes for the very first time on 15th November 1994 in Bargoed, Wales. She was born with the real name of Steffanie Rhiannon Newell in a Christian religious family. She holds Welsh nationality and she came from Welsh-white ethnic background. Nox recently celebrated her 27th birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Scorpio. Thus, her race is white. She has not shared any details regarding her family and education qualifications.
How did Tegan Nox become famous?
- Tegan Nox began her wrestling career as a fan of professional wrestling after being introduced to it at the age of five and cites Molly Holly as her favorite female wrestler and dream opponent.
- She made a one-time appearance on IMPACT Wrestling in their Pay-per-view event Slammiversary XI as a fan under her real name in 2013 which she won an all-expenses-paid trip via Challenge TV.
- Then she debuted for Attack! Pro Wrestling in July 2014, competing three times on the same show as well as she debuted her Luchadora The Explorer character on 24th January 2015, teaming with Brookes in a loss to The Anti-Fun Police (Damian Dunne and Ryan Smile).
- She competed as Luchadora once again on 14th February, winning a special invitational scramble match.
- As well, she was the first woman to wrestle at Wolverhampton-based promotion, Fight Club: Pro in 2015 where she competed in a 4-way match in the infinity tournament against Chris Brookes, Dan Moloney, and Eddie Dennis.
- Fight Club: Pro honored her with a show named Newell's departure to WWE after her "First Female of Fight Club" where Nixon requested to face Candice LeRae. This match ended after Newell hit LeRae with the Shiniest Wizard.
- Her final FCP match took place at Dream Tag Team Invitational (Night 1) where she was a surprise entrant in a 6-way match.
- On 28th August 2016, she debuted for Progress Wrestling defeating Alex Windsor and entered the Natural Progression Series IV Tournament on 27th November defeating Katey Harvey in the first round.
- She debuted for the American all-female promotion Shimmer Women Athletes at Volume 81, first losing to Veda Scott and then losing to Nicole Matthews the following day at Volume 82. She picked up her first win in Shimmer, defeating Scott at volume 84.
- On 27th July (2016-2017), she debuted for What Culture Pro Wrestling (WCPW) at Loaded #5, defeating Bea Priestley, but was defeated by Priestley the following day.
- Newell and Priestley faced off once again on 24th August, this time in the last woman standing match to crown the first-ever WCPW Women's Champion, won by Newell. However, she lost the WCPW Women's Championship to Bea Priestley in a no disqualification match on 13th February 2017, ending her reign at 173 days.
- Newell embarked on her first tour of Japan, competing with the all-female promotion Stardom in January 2017, and in her first match on the tour, she and Kay Lee Ray defeated Oedo Tai (Kris Wolf and Viper).
- Newell challenged Kairi Hojo for the Wonder of Stardom Championship on 29th January, losing after a diving elbow from Hojo.
- It was reported in April 2017 that Newell had signed a contract with WWE whereas she returned to the ring on 13th April 2018, at an NXT live event, where she teamed up with Dakota Kai in a tag team match to defeat Reina González and Vanessa Borne.
- After being announced as a competitor in the 2018 Mae Young Classic, Newell entered the tournament on 8th August, under the ring name Tegan Nox, defeating Zatara.
- Later she made her in-ring return at an NXT live event in Orlando, Florida on 25th June 2019 and made her NXT UK debut when she defeated Shax on 11th September.
- She started a feud with NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray, resulting in a non-title match between the two on the 3rd October episode of "NXT UK", where Nox was unsuccessful.
- On "SmackDown", Nox and Ripley were one of the many NXT wrestlers to invade the show, challenging Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville to a tag-team match, in which Nox and Ripley emerged victoriously.
- Later that night, Nox joined Triple H and the rest of the NXT roster as they declared war on both Raw and SmackDown, and vowed to win the Survivor Series brand warfare.
- She returned on the 15th January 2020 episode of NXT after a short hiatus due to a storyline injury, competing in a number one contender's battle royal for the NXT Women's Championship, where she was unsuccessful after Kai interfered and eliminated her.
- On the 1st July episode of "NXT The Great American Bash", Nox defeated Kai, LeRae, and Yim in a fatal four-way elimination match to become the number one contender for the NXT Women's Championship. On the 15th July episode of "NXT", Nox was unsuccessful in her title match against defending champion Io Shirai.
- After a near ten-month absence, Tegan returned on 6th July 2021 at The Great American Bash, causing LeRae and Indi Hartwell to lose the NXT Women's Tag Team Championship to Io Shirai and Zoey Stark. After the match, Nox attacked LeRae.
- She made her main roster debut teaming with Shotzi as Shotzi & Nox to defeat the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions on the 9th July episode of "SmackDown", Natalya and Tamina in a non-title match. The two would then go on to defeat Natalya and Tamina in numerous tag team matches, but would never receive a championship match.
- Also, she was drafted to the Raw brand while Shotzi remained on the SmackDown brand as a part of the 2021 Draft, thus ending the team. She was released from her WWE contract without ever appearing on Raw on 18th November.
Awards and Achievements
Attack! Pro Wrestling
- Attack! 24/7 Championship (3 times) - by herself (2 times), with Lana Austin (1 time)
- Attack! Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Mark Andrews
British Empire Wrestling
- British Empire Women's Championship (1 time)
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (2 times)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Ranked No. 26 of the top 100 female wrestlers in the PWI Women's 100 in 2020
Southside Wrestling Entertainment
- SWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with PJ Black
- Queen of Southside Championship (1 time)
What Culture Pro Wrestling
- WCPW Women's Championship (1 time)
Is Tegan Nox Married?
Tegan Nox is an unmarried wrestler. She revealed on 10th July 2020 that she is in a relationship with a woman named Sierra St. Pierre. Talking about her sexual orientation, she is bisexual. Newell said, "For me, it's always been, like, not about gender. If someone makes me laugh and they make me feel good and they're nice people, I'm all for that. It doesn't matter if they're man, woman, it doesn't matter to me."
Previously, she was in a relationship with New Zealander professional wrestler Travis Banks. The relationship is thought to have lasted for 8 months from October 2016 to June 2017. The relationship was not publicly announced but well known by Travis' tweets.
What is the Net Worth of Tegan Nox?
Tegan Nox has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2021 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is around $100,000 per year (annual salary). She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. With her hard work and the luck by her side, Nox can double the amount of wealth she has today. In addition, her major source of income is from her wrestling career.
How tall is Tegan Nox?
Tegan Nox is 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm tall and her body weighs around 64 kg or 141 lbs. She has dark brown hair and blue eyes color. She has inked attractive tattoo on both arms. Tegan has an athletic body build with 34-25-35 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Tegan Nox You Need To Know.
- Tegan's given name is Stephanie Newell and she's competed against major names like Lana Austin, Mercedes Martinez and Vanessa Borne.
- Her ring named changed to Tegan Nox in 2018 after she joined NXT.
- She's said that her late grandfather encouraged her to pursue a career in professional wrestling.
- She grew up as a fan of professional wrestling after being introduced to it at the age of five and cited Molly Holly as her favorite female wrestler and dream opponent.
- She played football as a child and at one point took part in trials for Cardiff City and the Welsh national team.