Terrell Suggs - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Salary, Contract, Trade, Wife, Teeth, Son, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Awards, Position, Career
Terrell Suggs has been a prominent figure in the Baltimore Ravens lineup. The linebacker has been making a wonderful impact since the inception of his professional career. Besides leading the team to clinch the Super Bowl XLVII in 2012; He is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection. He won the league's best defender award in 2011 and has been named All-Pro twice. Learn more about the linebacker through this article.
What is Terrell Suggs famous for?
- An American football defensive end for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL).
Where was Terrell Suggs born?
Recalling his early life, Terrell Suggs was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the USA. His nationality is American and ethnicity is Afro-American. He is the son of Laverne Diane and Donald Lee Suggs.
Growing up, he was interested in and played football. He has four siblings, Donald Suggs Jr., Monquielh Suggs, Hermann Suggs, and Jonquie Suggs. Further, his birth sign is Libra.
What college did Terrell Suggs attend?
Concerning his education history, Suggs attended Chandler High School, before moving to Hamilton High School, where he played for the school’s football team. After that, he went to Arizona State University.
When did Terrell Suggs pursue his football career?
- Moving towards his career, Suggs started to play football from his school days. He played as a defensive end for the Arizona State Sun Devils football team from 2000 to 2002 while he is at Arizona State University. At the end of his college career, he had a school-record of 44 quarterback sacks and 65.5 tackles for losses.
- He also set the NCAA single-season record for 24 sacks, gaining first-team All-Pac-10 selection. He was also recognized as a unanimous first-team All-American and the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year.
- He then joined the 2003 NFL Draft and was picked 10th overall by the Baltimore Ravens, at the age of 20 making him one of the youngest defensive players ever drafted.
- As a rookie, he immediately caught the attention of many by posting a sack in each of his first four games. He would go on to become Defensive Rookie of the Year despite only actually starting one game that year.
- In 2004, he made his first Pro Bowl appearance, and in the following season, he played mostly as a defensive end which increased his tackles.
- In 2006, He was responsible for helping the team build one of the best defenses in the NFL, with the Ravens only allowing 12.6 points per game and this led him to a second Pro Bowl selection.
- The following year, he continued to produce great performances, however, the Ravens dipped to a low 5-11 record. During the next season, he was named to the Pro Bowl once again and was able to achieve a career-high nine pass break-ups. He was pivotal in the wins of the Baltimore Ravens during the 2008 to 2009 playoffs, so in 2009, he was given a 6-year $62.5 million contract which launched his net worth to a high place, and he was even given a $33.1 million bonus making him the highest-paid linebacker in NFL history.
- Despite this increase in net worth, he was not very productive in 2009 due to an injury, but he returned to form in 2010 and made a career-high three sacks in a single game.
- In 2012, He was hit with an Achilles tendon injury which many expected would lead him to miss the entire season. However just five months after the surgery he returned to action and performed well, showcasing a quick recovery.
- The following year, he was named to the Pro Bowl again, and in 2014, he continued to achieve a sack-filled season. The following year, he tore his Achilles tendon once again which led to a premature end of his football season.
- In the 2016 season, He appeared in 15 games. He recorded 8.0 sacks, 28 tackles, seven assisted tackles, four passes defended, and three forced fumbles.
- In 2018, He finished tied for second on the team with seven sacks, along with 34 combined tackles, six passes defended, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery he returned for a touchdown in Week 12 against the Oakland Raiders.
- He signed with the Cardinals on March 13th, 2019, and was offered a contract of worth one-year, $7 million but on December 13th, 2019, He was released by the Cardinals. After that, he was claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs on December 16th, 2019.
Is Terrelle Suggs married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Suggs is a married man but divorced at present. He was married to Candace Williams on December 14th, 2012. The couple has two children together. However, the couples have become known for domestic abuse cases, both before and after their marriage. Hence, the couple is no more together and have separated in 2015.
Besides, we have no idea if Terrel is in a relationship after the divorce. Also, he is not so active in social media, which is the main reason why we couldn't find any information about his current relationship status. However, he might be busy in his professional career and doesn't want to get involved in a relationship because of his bad experience.
How much is Terrell Suggs worth?
Being a part of the sports industry, Suggs earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through his profession as a footballer. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to $22 million at present. However, his base salary is somewhere around $4 million. Also, he has collected $105,210,000 as career earnings, playing 16 seasons in NFL.
How tall is Terrell Suggs?
Observing his body statistics, Suggs stands a height of 6 feet 3 inches and weighs around 120 Kg. He has an athletic body with a pair of black eyes. Further, he has not a hair on her head. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.