Teyana Taylor - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Boyfriend, Facts, Age, Parents, Family, Children, Wiki, Height, Birthday, Nationality, Songs, Albums, Awards
Teyana Taylor is an American singer-songwriter and actress who is well-recognized for signing with Kanye West's GOOD Music label and her high-profile features including West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Taylor has gained much fame with the release of several kinds of music including her debut mixtape, "From a Planet Called Harlem".
She even has written records for artists such as Usher, Chris Brown, and Omarion as a songwriter back then. For her songs, she even has won BET Awards, BET Hip Hop Awards, and MTV Video Music Awards.
Alongside being a singer, Taylor is also a known actress, dancer, choreographer, director, and model, who has appeared in "The Breaks"(2017), "The After Party"(2018), "Coming 2 America"(2021). She even has appeared on runways during Fashion Week and stars in the VH1 reality television show, "Teyana and Iman", alongside her husband, NBA player Iman Shumpert.
Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 12.2 million followers on Instagram: @teyanataylor and over 1.4 million followers on Twitter: @TEYANATAYLOR.
How did Teyana Taylor get famous?
- Famous as singer-songwriter and actress.
- Known as the wife of Iman Shumpert.
Source: Instagram @teyanataylor
Who are Teyana Taylor's parents?
Teyana Taylor was born on December 10, 1990, in Harlem, New York City, United States. Her birth name is Teyana Meshay Jacqueli Shumpert. Her nationality is American. Taylor belongs to the Afro-Trinidadian ethnicity while Sagittarius is her zodiac sign.
Teyana Taylor was born as the only child to her parents; Nikki Taylor(mother) and Tito Smith(father). Her parents however got divorced when she was young after which her father got married to someone else and has two sons and a daughter. Taylor was raised by her single mother in her hometown who currently works as a manager.
She developed an interest in singing at a young age that at age of 9, she began performing in public. She even participated in many different talent competitions, including the Apollo Theater National All-Stars talent search.
Not only she used to sing but also used to dance and perform that at age of 15, she was credited as the choreographer on the music video for American entertainer Beyoncé's hit single, "Ring the Alarm" in 2006.
Teyana Taylor's Career highlights
Source: Instagram @teyanataylor
- Teyana Taylor started her career initially signing a deal with Pharrell Williams' Star Trak Entertainment imprint in 2007.
- It earned Teyana her first reality-show appearance on MTV's "My Super Sweet Sixteen".
- Following this, Taylor was featured in Jay-Z's music video, "Blue Magic".
- She made her official debut with her commercial debut single, called "Google Me" in February 2008. It was the lead single for her debut mixtape, "From a Planet Called Harlem" which was released on August 16, 2009.
- She stepped into the world of acting with the role of Rena in the sequel of "Stomp the Yard" and "Stomp the Yard: Homecoming" in 2010.
- Her career stepped up much high when Kanye West contacted her to look at some of her fashion pieces for his fifth album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" in 2010.
- She even got the chance to put her vocals on a few tracks of the same album notably, "Dark Fantasy" and "Hell of a Life".
- She then appeared in Tyler Perry's play-turned-film 'Madea's Big Happy Family' in 2011.
- On June 14, 2012, Taylor signed a joint-venture deal with Kanye West's label GOOD Music and The Island Def Jam Music Group.
- She made an appearance on the 'GOOD Music' compilation album 'Cruel Summer,' which was released on September 18, 2012.
- On November 4, 2014, her debut album titled "VII" was released under the label of GOOD Music.
- In 2015, Teyana served as a judge/ panel member in the eighth season of 'America's Best Dance Crew'.
- On August 25, 2015, she released her first EP, "The Cassette Tape 1994".
- On June 17, 2016, Taylor released her led single "Freak On" from her second studio album titled "K.T.S.E."(keep that same energy) which was released later on June 22, 2018.
- On November 1, 2019, she released a collaboration single with fellow R&B singer Kehlani titled "Morning".
- Her third and final album with 23 tracks titled "The Album" was released on June 19, 2020. It debuted at number 8 on the Billboard 200, earning Taylor her first top 10 albums.
- However, on December 4, 2020, Taylor announced her retirement from making music via her Instagram page.
- Apart from singing, she has acted in several films including Cruel Summer (2012), The Breaks (2017), Honey: Rise Up and Dance (2018), The After Party (2018), The Trap (2019), Coming 2 America (2021).
Who is Teyana Taylor's husband?
Teyana Taylor is a married woman. She has been married just once with her only husband, Iman Shumpert. Iman himself is a celebrity, well recognized as a professional NBA player playing for the Brooklyn Nets. The couple dated for years until they got married secretly in October 2016.
Before they got married, they were already a parent of their first daughter, Iman Tayla as she went into early labor assisted by her husband in 2015. After almost 5 years, on June 12, 2020, Taylor confirmed her second pregnancy in her music video on her 2020 single, "Wake Up Love".
Again on September 6, 2020, Taylor gave birth to their second daughter, Rue at their home with her husband's support in their bathroom as it had early labor.
Teyana Taylor's Net Worth 2021
Teyana Taylor has quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer-songwriter and actress. Having her career started since the year of 2007, Taylor has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the loved singers in Hollywood. Getting signed to Kanye West's label surely earned her million worth of fortune where she was in for 8 years till her retirement in 2020.
Her source of income surely was her music, albums, her appearances on movies and shows. Accumulating all of her incomes, she has an estimated to be around $6 million.
She also makes money via advertisement deals as back in 2013, she signed a deal to design and release two pairs of sneakers with Adidas through which she made a record for fastest-selling sneakers in Adidas Originals history.
Teyana Taylor Measurements and Height
Source: Instagram @teyanataylor
Teyana Taylor is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inch.(1.63m) while her body weighs around 52kg(115 lbs). Her body measurement is around 33-24-34 inches with 33B as her bra size, 4(US) as her dress size. She has a brown complexion with brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Trivias About Teyana Taylor You Need To Know.
- In 2012, Taylor designed and released two pairs of sneakers with Adidas.
- She will be seen in "Coming 2 America"(2021).
- She announced her retirement on December 4, 2020, via her Instagram page.
- She is of African-American and Afro-Trinidadian descent.