Facts About Thiago Alcantara
|Celebrated Name||Thiago Alcantara|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Thiago Alcantara do Nascimento|
|Nationality||Spanish and Brazilian|
|Place Of Birth||San Pietro Vernotico, Italy|
|Famous For||Being a Spanish professional footballer.|
|Best Known For||For being part of the FC Barcelona's team.|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||€83 Million|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Weight||71 kg or 156½ lbs|
|Body Measurement||42-28-37 inches|
|Awards||2013 UEFA European U21 Championship Golden Player.|
|Children||Gabriel Alcantara and Siena Alcantara|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Thiago Alcantara do Nascimento professionally known as Thiago Alcantara is a Spanish football player who plays for Premier League club Liverpool and the Spain national team as a central midfielder. He started playing football for the youth team of Flamengo in 1995 and played for the youth of Ureca, Kelme, and Barcelona. At the age of 18, he made his Barcelona first-team debut on 17 May 2009. He has won two La Liga, Supercopa de Espana, one Copa del Rey, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup with Barcelona. On 14 July 2013, he signed a four-year deal with Bundesliga club Bayern Munich club, for a €25 million fee. In Germany, he won 16 trophies, including the Bundesliga seven times in a row and the UEFA Champions League as part of a continental treble in his final year at the club. On 18 September 2020, he signed for Liverpool in a transfer worth an initial £20 million and made his debut for Liverpool on 20 September 2020.
On the international level, he has represented Spain at various age levels. He has represented Spain at U16, U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level. He helped Spain to win the European Championships at U19 and U21. He made his full international team debut in 2014. He was part of the provisional squad for Spain in the 2014 World Cup but withdrew due to a knee injury. He was selected for UEFA Euro 2016 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
What is Thiago Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won 2011-12, 2012-13 La Liga with Barcelona.
- Won the 2011-12 Copa del Rey with Barcelona.
- Won the 2010, 2011 Supercopa de Espana with Barcelona.
- Won the 2010-11 UEFA Champions League with Barcelona.
- Won the 2011 UEFA Super Cup with Barcelona.
- Won the 2011 FIFA Club World Cup with Barcelona.
- Won the 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.
- Won 2013-14, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2019-20 DFB-Pokal with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2013 FIFA World Cup with Bayern Munich.
- Won 2016, 2017, 2018 DFL-Supercup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2008 UEFA European U17 Championship with Spain U17.
- Won 2011, 2013 UEFA European U21 Championship with Spain U21.
- Won the 2013 UEFA European U21 Championship Golden Player.
Where is Thiago From?
Thiago was born on 11 April 1991. His birth name is Thiago Alcantara do Nascimento. His birthplace is San Pietro Vernotico, Italy. He was born to his mother, Valeria Alcantara who played volleyball, and his father, Mazinho who was also a footballer and a midfielder, notably winning the 1994 FIFA World Cup with Brazil. He grew up with his brother, Rafinha who is also a professional footballer, and his sister, Thaisa Alcantara who played for the Vigo basketball team. He holds both Spanish and Brazilian nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Catholic. His horoscope sign is Aries.
Thiago Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football for the youth team of Flamengo in 1995 and played for the youth of Ureca, Kelme, and Barcelona.
- At the age of 18, he made his Barcelona first-team debut on 17 May 2009 in a 1-2 loss against RCD Mallorca for his only appearance of the season where Barcelona already won the La Liga, came on as a substitute for Eiour Guojohnsen in the 74th minute.
- On 20 February 2010, he came on as a substitute for Yaya Toure in the 76th minute and scored his first goal for Barcelona in a 4-0 home win against Racing de Santander.
- He ended the 2010-11 season with 17 games, three goals, and three assists, and was an unused substitute as Barcelona won the 2011 UEFA Champions League Final against Manchester United at Wembley Stadium.
- He started the 2011-2012 season with the first leg of the Spanish Supercopa match against rivals Real Madrid, being substituted for Xavi after 58 minutes. He was an unused substitute as they defeated FC Porto for the 2011 UEFA Super Cup.
- He then started as Barcelona won 4-0 in the Club World Cup Final at International Stadium Yokohama on 18 December 2011 and also netted Barcelona's fifth in a 7-0 win against Rayo Vallecano on 29 April 2012 from a close-range header.
- From 2009-2013, he made 68 appearances and scored 7 goals for Barcelona and has won two La Liga, Supercopa de Espana, one Copa del Rey, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup with the club.
- On 14 July 2013, he signed a four-year deal with Bundesliga club Bayern Munich club, for a €25 million fee and made his Bayern debut on 27 July 2013 in a 4-2 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in the 2013 DFL-Supercup.
- On 11 August 2013, he made his debut in the Bundesliga in a 0-1 win against Eintracht Frankfurt.
- On 21 December 2013, he scored his first competitive goal for Bayern Munich in a 2-0 win against Raja Casablanca of Morocco in the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup Final.
- On 29 January 2014, he scored his first Bundesliga goal, the scissor-kicked winner in stoppage time against VfB Stuttgart which was voted the Goal of the Month, and also had an assist to Claudio Pizarro for Bayern's first goal in the 2-1 win.
- He finished the 2013-14 season with two goals in 16 Bundesliga matches, two German Cup matches, four Champions League matches, a goal in two FIFA Club World Cup, and an appearance in the German Super Cup.
- In the 2014-15 season, he won his second Bundesliga title for Bayern and finished the season with two goals in 13 appearances.
- On 27 August 2015, he signed a new four-year contract with Bayern. In the 2015-16 season, he finished the season with four goals and seven assists, In addition to playing in the German Super Cup, he scored two goals in 27 Bundesliga matches, a goal in five German Cup matches, and a goal in nine Champions League matches.
- On 15 August 2016, he started the 2016-17 season under new club manager Carlo Ancelotti by winning the 2016 DFL-Supercup with a 2-0 victory against his club's rival Borussia Dortmund. On 21 September 2016, he scored his first goal of the season in a 3-0 victory over Hertha BSC. On 28 April 2017, he signed a new four-year contract until 2021. He finished the season with nine goals and nine assists.
- On 6 August 2017, he could not play his club's first competitive match of the season because of an injury where Bayern won the 2017 DFL-Supercup against Borussia Dortmund 5-4 on penalties. On 26 October, he scored an equalizing goal against RB Leipzig to make it 1-1, and later Bayern went on to win the DFB-Pokal second-round match 5-4 on penalties. On 23 November, he was substituted in the 44th minute of the match as he suffered a serious muscle injury in his thigh in a 2-1 away victory against R.S.C. Anderlecht in the Champions League group stage match. On 17 February 2018, he was back in the starting lineup and made his first appearance since his injury in November in a 2-1 away victory over VfL Wolfsburg. He finished the 201-18 season with seven goals in 31 appearances.
- On 12 August 2018, he played the first competitive match of the 2018-19 season under the new club manager Niko Kovac and also scored a goal in a 5-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt as his team won the 2018 DFL-Supercup. On 18 May 2019, he won his sixth consecutive Bundesliga title with Bayern Munich. Following the season, he also won his third DFB-Pokal as Bayern defeated RB Leipzig with 3-0 in the 2019 DFB-Pokal Final.
- In the 2019-20 season, he played for Bayern in the Champions League quarter-finals against his former team Barcelona, participating in an 8-2 demolition of the Catalan outfit. He also started for Bayern in the 2020 Champions League Final against Paris Saint-Germain, playing 86 minutes as his team won their sixth Champions League, and completed a treble, having earlier clinched that season's Bundesliga and defeated Bayer Leverkusen in the DFB-Pokal final.
- From 2013-20, he made 150 appearances and scored 17 goals for Bayern Munich and won 16 trophies, including the Bundesliga seven times in a row, four DFB-Pokal, three DFL-Supercup, one UEFA Champions League, and FIFA Club World Cup with the club.
- On 18 September 2020, he signed for Liverpool in a transfer worth an initial £20 million and made his debut for Liverpool on 20 September 2020 in a 2-0 win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, coming off the bench at half-time.
- On 17 October 2020, he played his second game for Liverpool where he suffered a knee injury towards the end of the game as Richarlison made a tackle that would give him a straight red card after the challenge. He didn’t play for several months. On 30 December 2020, he returned to make a substitute appearance in a 0-0 draw with Newcastle United.
Thiago International Career
- He has represented Spain at various age levels.
- He has represented Spain at U16, U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level.
- He helped his country to win the 2008 UEFA European U17 Championship where he scored a goal in the final.
- On 18 June 2013, he scored a hat-trick in the 2008 UEFA European U21 Championship Final as Spain defeated Italy 4-2 to win their fourth title.
- He made his first appearance for Spain's senior squad in a friendly against Italy on 10 August 2011 and played his first competitive match on 6 September 2011 in a Euro 2012 qualifying match 6-0 win against Liechtenstein. Due to injury, he missed Euro 2012 and the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- He was part of the provisional squad for Spain in the 2014 World Cup but withdrew due to a knee injury.
- In 2015, he was selected for UEFA Euro 2016 and was featured in the 1-0 UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying win away to Ukraine.
- On 6 October 2017, he scored his first goal for his national team in the 26th minute against Albania in a World Cup qualifier.
- In 2018, he was selected in the final 23-man squad for the 2018 World Cup where he appeared in two matches, against Portugal and Morocco.
Looking at his personal life, Thiago is a married guy. He got married to his beautiful girlfriend, Julia Vigas on 27 June 2015 in a ceremony in Sant Climent de Peralta, Catalonia, Spain. The couple is blessed with two children, Gabriel Alcantara, and Siena Alcantara. He is having an intimate relationship with his love and children where they are living their life happily together.
Thiago Body Height and Weight
Thiago stands at a height of 1.74m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 71kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Thiago Salary and Net Worth
Thiago earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In 2013, he signed a four-year deal with Bundesliga club Bayern Munich club, for a €25 million fee. In 2020, he signed for Liverpool in a transfer worth an initial £20 million. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is €83 million and his salary is €12 million, while his market value is around €48 million.
Trivias About Thiago Alcantara You Need To Know.
- He was born to his mother, Valeria Alcantara who played volleyball and his father, Mazinho who was also a footballer and a midfielder, notably winning the 1994 FIFA World Cup with Brazil. He grew up with his brother, Rafinha who is also a professional footballer and his sister, Thaisa Alcantara who played for Vigo basketball’s team.
- He started playing football at the age of 4.
- He holds both Spanish and Brazilian nationality but chose to represent Spain internationally.
- He wears shirt number 6 for Liverpool.
- 2013 UEFA European U21 Championship Golden Player.