Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 05:00 pm
Facts About Thomas Middleditch
|Celebrated Name||Thomas Middleditch|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Thomas Steven Middleditch|
|Profession||Actor , Comedian , Screenwriter|
|Place Of Birth||Nelson, British Columbia|
|College / University||George Brown College / University of Victoria|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$7 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagarm, Twitter|
Thomas Middleditch is an actor and television writer of Canadian and British origin. He is best known to TV audiences as the lead star of the HBO series Silicon Valley. The actor's portrayal of the show's lead character Richard Hendricks earned him an Emmy Award nomination in 2016, the first of his career. he equally has several big-screen credits to his name including a voice role in the 2016 animated superhero film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie, which was a box-office hit. Learn more about Thomas Middleditch below.
Where is Thomas Middleditch born?
Recalling his early life, Thomas was born in Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. He was born as Thomas Steven Middleditch. The name of his parents is not known but it is known that his parents are of British descent. He has an older brother but the name has not been shared. He holds Canadian citizenship and his ethnicity is English.
Regarding his education, He attended the University of Victoria and then he moved to Toronto, United States. There he attended the George Brown College but did not attend classes.
When did Thomas Middleditch begin his acting career?
- Talking about his career, Thomas invested his time in making sketches and working at a New Balance store, to sustain himself. Gradually, he moved to Chicago where he worked at The Second City and iO Theater while giving regular performances.
- He auditioned for Saturday Night Live but was not cast. However, his audition did land him a network holding deal, so he moved to New York.
- While at New York, he landed minor roles in commercials including Verizon in 2017. Finally, Thomas Middleditch was cast in 2009’s Splinterheads as Justin Frost, the lead character. On March 25, 2010, he joined Hitched followed by appearances in Jake and Amir alongside Ben Schwartz.
- And then, he was cast in 2009’s ‘Splinterheads’ as Justin Frost, the lead character and appeared in film ‘Fun Size’ (2012), ‘The Campaign’ (2012), ‘Someone Marry Barry’ (2014), ‘The Brass Teapot’ (2013), ‘The Kings of Summer’ (2013), etc.
- On January 30, 2013, it was announced that Thomas Middleditch has been cast as Richard Hendricks, the lead character in HBO’s Silicon Valley which premiered on April 6, 2014, and has run a total of 5 seasons as of January 2019.
- Moreover, he appeared in ‘The Office’ (2012), ‘You’re The Worst’, ‘The Pete Holmes Show’, ‘Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero’, ‘The Final Girls’ (2015), ‘The Bronze’ (2015), ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ (2013), ‘Search Party’, ‘Tag’ (2018).
- Furthermore, he lent his voices in ‘Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie’ (2017). He is also active as a YouTuber.
What are the achievements of Thomas Middleditch?
For his acting skill in the series Silicon Valley, Middleditch has had numerous prestigious nominations. He has been nominated for Critics' Choice Television Awards (2014, 2015, 2017), Satellite Awards (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), Primetime Emmy Award (2016), Gold Derby Awards (2016), etc.
Who is Thomas Middleditch married to?
Reflecting his personal life, Thomas Middleditch is a married person. He has been married to Mollie Gates since August 22, 2015. The pair got engaged in June 2015. His wife is a costume designer. The couple has not welcomed any children yet. They are living together and there is no sign of divorce between them.
How much net worth does Thomas Middleditch own?
Several sources have revealed Thomas Middleditch's net worth to be over $7 million. Most of which has come from his acting career, as well as other endorsements and commercials such as with Verizon Wireless7. However, there are no specifics for his annual salary at the moment.
How tall is Thomas Middleditch?
Observing his body statistics, Thomas has blue eyes and brown hair. He has a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs 160 lbs. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Thomas Middleditch You Need To Know.
- His parents are English immigrants.
- Claims to be a 'militant' atheist.
- Is a licensed pilot.
- Appears as a character named 'Thomas' in a series of TV commercials for Verizon.
- He had a cameo in the Oscar-nominated 2013 film Wolf of Wall Street in which his character's goldfish was eaten by Jonah Hill.
- He went from an indoorsy kid who was bullied, to becoming the funny, popular kid in high school.