Thomas Partey - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Stats, Contract, Transfer, Injury, Goals, Salary, Wife, Height, Parents, Nationality, Age, Facts, Wiki
Thomas Teye Partey famed as Thomas Partey is a famous Ghanaian professional footballer. Currently, he is playing as a defensive midfielder for Spanish club Atletico Madrid and the Ghana national team. His jersey number is 5. He has spent most of his career with Atletico Madrid, making over 150 competitive appearances. He marked his 100th La Liga appearance for Los Rojiblancos with a man-of-the-match performance in a 0-0 draw against Real Madrid in Madrid Derby. He also won the Ghana Player of the Year award in 2018 and 2019.
Thomas warned he 'could destroy his career' by making Arsenal transfer
Atletico Madrid star Partey is a target for Gunners and is also on Man Utd and Chelsea's radar - but has been advised against ditching La Liga for the Premier League. Atletico Madrid star Thomas Partey warned he 'could destroy his career' by switching to the Premier League with Arsenal this summer. Partey has been long been linked with a move to the Emirates and has reportedly told pals he wants to join the Gunners and prove he can cut it in England's top flight. The defensive midfielder is also believed to be on the radar of Manchester United, Chelsea, Juventus, and Inter Milan. Partey has been advised by his compatriot Nii Lamptey to carry on plying his trade in La Liga, with the former Aston Villa midfielder warning that his career "will take a nosedive" if he makes the wrong move.
- Playing as a defensive midfielder for Spanish club Atletico Madrid.
- Being nominated for the BBC Africa player of the year award in 2019.
What is the birthplace of Thomas Partey?
On 13th June 1993, Thomas Partey was born with the birth name of Thomas Teye Partey. As of 2019, he celebrated his 26th birthday. His birthplace is in Krobo Odumase, Ghana. His nationality is Ghanaian and his ethnicity/race is Black. His horoscope sign is Gemini and his religion is unknown. His nickname is Senegal. He was born to a poor and humble family where his father was a local football coach and his mum was a petty trader. He has five siblings and he is the oldest one. Whereas his parent's name, sibling's name and education details are unknown yet.
How was the career of Thomas Partey?
- In the year 2011, Thomas Partey signed a contract with Atletico Madrid and moved to the reserves a year later.
- After that, he was called up to the main squad for the match against Real Sociedad. It was on 10th March 2013.
- He was loaned to RCD Mallorca, freshly relegated to the second level on 12th July.
- He made his professional debut, in a 0-4 away defeat against CE Sabadell FC on 18th August.
- He scored his first professional goal on 15 September, netting his side's second of a 2-2 draw at Hercules CF.
- He also joined La Liga side UD Almeria also in a temporary deal on 27th July 2014 and made his debut in the competition on 23 August, starting in a 1-1 home draw against RCD Espanyol.
- He then scored his first goal in the main category of Spanish football on 11 April 2015, netting a brace in a 3-0 home win against Granada CF.
- He made his first-team debut for Atleti on 28th November 2015, replacing Luciano Vietto in a 1-0 home win against Espanyol.
- He also played in the UEFA Champions League Final against Real Madrid, replacing Koke in the 116th minute as his side lost on penalties on 28th May.
- He signed a contract extension with Atleti through 2022 on 14th February 2017.
- On 31st October, he scored his first European goal with a long-range strike to equalize at home to FK Qarabag in a 1-1 draw in the Champions League group game; he became the first African to score in the competition for Atletico.
- Due to his high performance, he was rewarded with another contract on 1st March 2018, this time until 2023.
- He came on as a late substitute and netted the match's winner in the last minute of the game, as Atletico came back from 2-0 down to win the game by 3-2 against Eibar on 1st September 2019.
- He also marked his 100th La Liga appearance for Los Rojiblancos with a man-of-the-match performance in a 0-0 draw against Real Madrid in Madrid Derby.
How was the International Career of Thomas Partey?
- He was called up for the first time to the Ghana national team by manager Avram Grant, ahead of a 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualification match against Mauritius in May 2016 and made his debut on 5 June, replacing Frank Acheampong for the final 11 minutes of a 2-0 away win that booked the Black Stars' position in the finals.
- He scored his first international hat-trick in a 5-1 win against Congo in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification on 5th September 2017.
- He was chosen in Kwesi Appiah's 23-man squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
- In their last group game, he scored in a 2-0 win over Guinea-Bissau at the Suez Stadium as the Black Stars topped their group where he netted in the penalty shootout at the end of the last-16 game against Tunisia on 8 July, though his team was eliminated.
What are the awards and achievements achieved by Thomas Partey?
Thomas Partey is a very talented footballer and he has won the Ghana Player of the Year award in 2018 and 2019. He was nominated for the BBC Africa player of the year award in 2019.
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2015-2016
- UEFA Europa League: 2017-2018
- UEFA Super Cup: 2018
- CAF Team of the Year: 2018
How much is Thomas Partey's Net Worth?
Thomas Partey is one of the best Footballers in Ghana. His net worth is $30 million as of 2020. In 2018, he entered into a contract with his new team, Atletico Madrid, who would be paying him 5 million euros annually. He is estimated to have a net worth of about 30 million Euros and a market value of 50 million euros. He is smart about managing his money and he does not like spending his money crazily and changing his lifestyle. Talking about his cars, Atletico Madrid players were given a Hyundai car and when he tests, he ended up driving carelessly, nearly running the car into the advertising hoarding. His present salary is $ 2,478,000 EUR annually as per sources. His major source of earning is from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings at present.
Who is Thomas Partey's wife?
Thomas Partey is a married person. He was married to his wife Giuseppina. The duo also welcomed a daughter named Partey Daniela. The duo is enjoying their life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight. There is no further information about how the duo met and their marriage date.
How tall is Thomas Partey?
With an athletic body build, Thomas Partey has got a tall height of 1.85 m or six feet one inch. His balanced weight consists of 77 Kg or 168 lbs. His eye color and hair color are black. His other body measurements such as biceps size, chest size, waist size, and more are unknown yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Thomas Partey You Need To Know.
- His jersey number is 5.
- He marked his 100th La Liga appearance for Los Rojiblancos with a man-of-the-match performance in a 0-0 draw against Real Madrid in Madrid Derby.
- He won the Ghana Player of the Year award in 2018 and 2019.
- He was born to poor and humble family where his father was a local football coach and his mum was a petty trader.