Facts About Timo Werner
|27 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Fritz Walter Medal; Bundesliga Player of the Month
|Best Known For
|Being the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Boot Winner
|Being a professional footballer
|Source of Wealth
|$5 Million annually
Timo Werner is a German professional football player. He plays as a striker. He currently plays for the German club, RB Leipzig. He started his professional football career from German club VfB Stuttgart. He later joined Leipzig in 2016.
Werner has represented the Germany youth football team at various age levels. He made his senior international debut in 2017. He helped Germany to win the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
He has over 780k followers on his Instagram @timowerner.
What is Timo Werner Famous For?
- Won 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup with Germany.
- 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Boot Winner.
- Fritz Walter Medal: U17 Gold - 2013.
- Fritz Walter Medal: U19 Silver - 2015.
- VfB Stuttgart's youngest ever goalscorer.
Where was Timo Werner Born?
Timo Werner was born on 6 March 1996. His birth place is in Stuttgart in Germany. He holds German nationality. He was born to a father, Gunther Schuh, and a mother, Sabine Werner. Information about his
He started his football career joining the local club TSV Steinhaldenfeld. He later joined the youth academy of VfB Stuttgart in 2002.
Timo Werner Career Timeline
- Timo Werner spent 11 years of his youth career at VfB Stuttgart from 2002 to 2013.
- He won the Gold U17 Fritz Walter Medal in 2013 for his performance during the 2012-13 U19 season. He had scored 24 goals for the season.
- He was promoted to the club's senior team in 2013.
- He made his professional debut from VfB Stuttgart in a 2013-14 UEFA Europa League qualifying match against PFC Botev Plovdiv.
- He is the youngest Stuttgart player to debut in Bundesliga and DFB Pokal.
- He became the club's youngest ever goalscorer after he scored his debut professional goal against Eintracht Frankfurt.
- He became the youngest player in Bundesliga history to score two goals in a single game after he scored a brace against SC Freiburg.
- He signed a professional contract with the club on his 18th birthday.
- He made 95 league appearances for the club and scored 13 goals.
- He became the youngest player to make 50 Bundesliga appearances. Kai Havertz broke Werner's this record in 2018.
- Stuttgart relegated to the second division in 2016.
- Werner then transferred to another German club, RB Leipzig in 2016.
- He signed a 4-year contract with the club on 11 June 2016.
- He transferred to Leipzig for a reported fee of 10 million Euro, making the club-record transfer fee.
- He became the youngest player to play 100 Bundesliga matches in September 2016. Havertz broke Werner's this record in 2019.
- Werner played a vital role for the Leipzig to qualify for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the club's history. He had scored 21 goals in the 2016-17 Bundesliga season. He was the German top goalscorer for the season.
- He became the youngest player to make 150 Bundesliga appearances in March 2018.
- Werner scored the winning goal in a 2-1 victory against Bayern Munich in March 2018. It was the first time ever Leipzig had defeated Bayern Munich.
- He scored 13 league goals and record 7 league assists for the club in the 2017-18 season.
- He scored his 50th Bundesliga goal on 7 October 2018 in a 6-0 win against Nurnberg. It was the club's biggest win ever in the Bundesliga.
- He made his 100th appearance for Leipzig on 27 January 2019.
- He became the first player to score 50 Bundesliga goals for the club after he scored a goal against Mainz in May 2019.
- He finished the 2018-19 season with 16 league goals.
- Werner scored his first Bundesliga hat-trick on 30 August 2019. He scored 3 goals in a 3-1 away win over Borussia Monchengladbach.
- He scored a hat-trick in an 8-0 win against Mainz. The result was the biggest win ever in the Bundesliga.
- He became the youngest player to make 200 Bundesliga appearances in November 2019.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, every sporting event across the globe was suspended.
- Werner had already scored 21 league goals in 26 league appearances for Leipzig in the 2019-20 season.
- Bundesliga resumed in the mid-May 2020.
Timo Werner International Career
- Werner represented the Germany youth teams at various age levels.
- He represented Germany U15, U16, U17, U19, and U21 teams and scored 34 goals in 48 youth appearances for the country.
- He scored a hat-trick on his first appearance for Germany U15 against Poland.
- He was part of the Germany national team that finished runner-up in the 2012 UEFA European U17 Championship.
- Werner made his senior international debut as a substitute in Germany's opening game at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- He finished the tournament with 3 goals and 2 assists. He was awarded the tournament's Golden Boot. Germany also won the tournament defeating Chile in the final.
- Werner made his World Cup debut on 17 June 2018 against Mexico. However, he did not score any goals in the tournament. Germany was eliminated from the group stage for the first time since 1938.
Who is Timo Werner Dating?
Timo Werner is unmarried but not single. He is dating Julia Nagler. No detailed information about their affair is available at present. They have maintained a low profile. Werner occasionally shares his girlfriend's pictures on his Instagram.
How Tall is Timo Werner?
Timo Werner stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 75 kg. He has an athletic body build.
What is Timo Werner Net Worth?
Timo Werner earns from his professional career as a football player. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He transferred to RB Leipzig from VfB Stuttgart for a club-record 10 million Euros in June 2016. He is reportedly pursued by top clubs in England. He would surely land a lucrative deal in the coming years. His net worth will be updated soon.
Trivias About Timo Werner You Need To Know.
- He became the youngest player to ever play in an official match for Stuttgart at just 17 years and 148 days.
- He became the Stuttgart's youngest ever player in the Bundesliga and DFB Pokal, 17 years and 164 days and 17 years and 151 days respectively.
- He is the Stuttgart's youngest ever goalscorer at 17 years 219 days.
- He is the youngest player to score a brace in Bundesliga history at 17 years, 249 days.
- He scored his first Bundesliga hat-trick on 30 August 2019 against Borussia Monchengladbach.
- He wears shirt number 11 at RB Leipzig.
- He wears shirt number 9 for the national team.