Last updated on July 28th, 2023 at 09:12 am
Facts About Tina Fey
|Celebrated Name||Tina Fey|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Tina Fey|
|Birth Name||Elizabeth Stamatina Fey|
|Profession||Actress , Actress|
|Place Of Birth||Pennsylvania|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Awards||Golden Globe Award, Primetime Emmy Award, Writer Guild Award, Producer Guild Awards, etc|
|Body Measurement||36-26-36 inches|
|Children||Alice Zenobia Richmond and Penelope Athena Richmond|
|Net Worth||$80 million|
|Latest Series||White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Abercrombie &...|
Tina Fey is an American actress, comedian, writer, and producer best known for her comedy series Saturday Night Live (1997-2006), 30 Rock (2006-2013, 2020), and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt(2015-2020). She has also appeared in several films including Mean Girls (2004), Baby Mama (2008), Date Night (2010), Muppets Most Wanted (2014), Sisters (2015), Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016), Wine Country (2019), and Soul (2020).
What is Tina Fey Famous For?
- Famous as an American actress, comedian, writer, producer, and playwright.
- Her work at NBC's, Saturday Night Live, and 30 Rock.
Where was Tina Fey born?
Tina Fey's real name is Elizabeth Stamatina Fey, she was born on May 18, 1970, in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania. Her father's name is Donald Henry Fey who was a Korean War veteran, university administrator, and grand proposal writer and her mother's name is Zenobia “Jeanne” Fey who worked in a brokerage firm.
At the age of five, when Fey was in an alley behind her house, a stranger approached her and slashed her face with a knife, leaving a scar that she still carries today. She attended Cardington-Stone Hurst Elementary school and Beverly Hills Middle School in Upper Darby. In school, she was interested in comedy. She was an honors student, a member of the choir, drama club, and tennis team, and co-editor of the school’s newspaper. She graduated in 1988. She enrolled at the University of Virginia, where she studied playwriting and acting and was awarded the Pettway Prize. She graduated in 1992with a Bachelor of Arts degree in drama.
The Career Highlights of Tina Fey
- After graduating from college in 1992, she moved to Chicago to pursue a career in the comedy field. There she joined the comedy training ground Second city a renowned program where many Saturday Night Live (SNL) performers got their start.
- While performing shows with The Second City in 1997 she submitted several scripts at the request of its head writer who is a former performer at Second City. She was hired as a writer for SNL. And move to New York from Chicago. Fey struggled at SNL. She was an extra in a 1998 episode, after watching herself she decided to diet and lost 30 pounds.
- In 1999 She became SNL’s first female head writer.
- In 2000 Fey began performing in sketches and she and Jimmy Fallon became co-anchors of SNL’s Weekend Update segment. It was during the show’s 25th season that she was able to transform her image and establish a fan base. Fey was cast as a news reporter on the regular sketch, where she wrote many of the segments with the most popular jokes.
- In 2002, Fey suggested a pilot episode for a situation comedy which was rejected. The pilot was reworked and was accepted by NBC.
- Fey signed a contract with NBC in May 2003, which made her continue in her position as Head Writer in SNL. As part of a contract, she was to develop a prime-time project. She managed her relationships with the shows' volatile stars and the new head of the network. The episode received favorable reviews but it finished third in its timeslot. This series made her win many awards.
- Fey created and produced the television comedy Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt with her fellow members. It also stars her former co-worker. It was originally made for NBC but it was sold to Netflix. It became famous and was renewed for a second season. The show premiered on March 6, 2015. And in the second season, Fey also joins the cast. The subsequent two seasons were also nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series.
- She has also starred in some notable films including Martin & Orloff (2002), Mean Girls (2004), Baby Mama (2008), Admission (2013), Muppets Most Wanted (2014), Sisters (2015), Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016), and Wine Country (2019).
- In 2011, Fey published her autobiography, Bossypants, which spent five weeks at the top of The New York Times Best Seller list and earned her a Grammy Award nomination.
- Fey’s charity work includes support of Autism speaks which is an organization that supports or sponsors autism research. She is also a supporter of Mercy Corps, a global relief and development organization. Their main aim is to end world hunger. She also supports the Love Our Children USA organization which fights violence against children.
Awards and Nomination of Tina Fey
Fey has won numerous awards. Among them, she has won nine Primetime Emmy Awards, three Golden Globes, five Screen Actors Guild Awards, seven Writers Guild Awards, and three Producers Guild Awards and has been nominated for Grammy awards. She was awarded as Mark Twain for American Humor in 2010. She also received her first Tony Award nomination for Best Book of a Musical for Mean girl.
Who is Tina Fey married to?
In 1994 she started dating Jeff Richmond who is an American composer, actor, director, and producer. They married in a Greek Orthodox ceremony on 3 June 2001. They have two daughters named Alice Zenobia Richmond who was born on 10 September 2005 and Penelope Athena Richmond who was born on 10 August 2011.
What is the height and weight of Tina Fey?
Tina Fey has a perfect hourglass body shape with a Voluptuous body build. She has maintained her appearance and has amazing body proportions and gorgeous curves. Her body is 36-26-36 inches in size, with a 36-inch chest, a 26-inch waist, and 36-inch hips. The stunning actress is 1.64 m (5 feet and 5 inches) tall and weighs a healthy 55 kilograms (120 lbs.). She wears bras with a 34C cup size. She follows a strict diet and training regimen to keep her fit and hot body. Her dress size is 4(US), and her shoe size is 7(US). She has a pair of brown eyes and her hair color is also brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Tina Fey?
Presently, Tina Fey has amassed a net worth of $75 million as of 2022. Her acting and comedic careers have helped her amass a large portion of her money. Apart from the entertainment industry, Tina's book sales also contribute significantly to her riches. Along with her husband Richmond, Tina has invested in numerous real estate. as of 2023, player has a net worth of $80 million.