Tobias Harris - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Contract, Trade, Salary, College, Girlfriend, Age, Facts, Height, Family, Wiki, Education, Parents, Size
Tobias Harris is a professional basketball player from the USA. At present, he is playing for the current team, Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is Power Forward. On 6th July 2019, the Sixers re-signed Harris to a five-year, $180 million contract. Previously, he has played for the Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons and Los Angeles Clippers. He played one season of college basketball for the Tennessee Volunteers before declaring for the 2011 NBA draft where he was drafted 19th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats and then traded to the Milwaukee Bucks. He wears shirt/jersey number 12 as a tribute to his close friend and former teammate Morgan Childs, who died at age 17 due to leukemia.
76ers' Tobias Harris made team-high 18 on Friday
Harris scored a team-high 18 points (6-10 FG, 2-3 3Pt, 4-4 FT) while adding seven rebounds, four assists, and a steal in 25 minutes during Friday's 134-96 win over the Rockets. The Sixers used their regular-season finale as an opportunity to hone the lineup without Ben Simmons (knee), leading to a fairly normal line for Harris. The 28-year-old forward heads into the playoffs having averaged 21.7 points, 7.9 boards, 3.1 assists, and 2.0 threes through seven games in the Orlando bubble.
- Being a professional basketball player.
- Being the player for Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
What is the Birthplace of Tobias Harris?
Tobias Harris was born on 15th July 1992 in Islip, New York, the USA. His birth name/real name is Tobias John Harris. He holds the American nationality and his ethnicity belongs to an Afro-American. His Zodiac sign is Cancer and his religion is Christian. He was born to his parents; Torrel Harris (father) and Lisa Harris (mother). His grandfather, John Mulzac, was a member of the Tuskegee Airmen. Regarding his siblings, he has three brothers, Tyler, T.J. and Terry, and two sisters, Tori and Tesia. One of his brothers, Terry is currently playing in the NBA Summer League for the Philadelphia 76ers after finishing his collegiate basketball career at North Carolina A&T State University. His sister, Tesia, played basketball at St. John's University in Queens, New York. Fellow NBA player and former teammate Channing Frye is Harris' first cousin. As per his education, he attended Half Hollow Hills High School West and joined the varsity basketball team as an eighth-grader. For his college, he went to Tennessee Volunteers. As of 2020, he celebrated his 28th birthday.
For which team, Tobias Harris is playing for?
- Tobias Harris began playing basketball since high school.
- He played at Half Hollow Hills West until 2008 when he transferred to Long Island Lutheran Middle and High School in Brookville, New York for his junior year.
- Again, he was transferred to Half Hollow Hills West for his senior year and went on to earn the 2010 Mr. New York Basketball and was also named a 2010 McDonald's All-American.
- played for the Tennessee Volunteers as a freshman in 2010-11 for coach Bruce Pearl.
- He was named second-team All-SEC by the league's head coaches and earned a spot on the SEC All-Freshman Team.
- He ranked fifth among all freshmen in the six major conferences with 15.3 points per game. In addition, his 7.3 rebounds per game ranked sixth among all major-conference freshmen.
- He declared for the NBA draft, forgoing his final three years of college eligibility on 9th May 2011.
- Being selected with the 19th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft by the Charlotte Bobcats on 23rrd June 2011, he was then traded to the Milwaukee Bucks on draft night.
- After that, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Bucks on 10th December 2011 where he made his NBA debut on January 7, 2012, against the Los Angeles Clippers.
- He appeared in 42 games during his rookie season (nine starts), averaging 5.0 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 0.5 assists in 11.4 minutes per game.
- He the contract through the 2013-14 season with the Bucks on 24th October 2012.
- Later, he was traded on 21st February 2013 to the Orlando Magic.
- The Magic exercised his fourth-year team option his rookie scale contract, extending the contract through the 2014-15 season on 26th October 2013.
- He recorded 28 points and a career-high 20 rebounds in a 114-105 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on 24th January 2014 and scored a career-high 31 points in a 92-81 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on 2nd March 2014.
- He set a new career-high with 34 points in a 103-97 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on 6th February 2015.
- After that, he re-signed with the Magic to a four-year, $64 million contract on 14th July 2015.
- After that, he was traded to the Detroit Pistons on 16th February 2016 and made his debut for the Pistons three days later, scoring 21 points off the bench in a 98-86 loss to the Washington Wizards.
- He came off the bench for the first time in 2016-17 and subsequently scored a season-high 26 points in a 119-113 loss to the Golden State Warriors on 23rd December 2016.
- He set a new season-high with 28 points in a 112-92 win over the New York Knicks on 11th March 2017.
- On 13th November 2017, he was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from Monday, November 6 to Sunday, November 12.
- He scored 21 of his 30 points in the first quarter of the Pistons' 107-83 win over the Indiana Pacers on 26th December 2017.
- After that, he was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers on 29th January 2018 and made his debut for the Clippers on February 3, scoring 24 points in a 113-103 win over the Chicago Bulls.
- He recorded 30 points and 12 rebounds in a 128-117 win over the Phoenix Suns on 23rd February 2018.
- He scored 18 points in a 116-111 win over the San Antonio Spurs on 15th November 2018.
- He had 34 points and 11 rebounds in a 104-100 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on 25th November.
- On 17th December, he scored a career-high 39 points in a 131-127 loss to the Trail Blazers.
- On 20th January, he had 27 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in a 103-95 win over the Spurs.
- He was traded on 6th February 2019 to the Philadelphia 76ers and made his debut for the 76ers two days later, recording 14 points and eight rebounds in a 117-110 win over the Denver Nuggets.
- On 6th July 2019, the Sixers re-signed Harris to a five-year, $180 million contract.
Awards and Achievements of Tobias Harris
- Second-team All-SEC - Coaches (2011)
- SEC All-Freshman Team (2011)
- McDonald's All-American (2010)
- First-team Parade All-American (2010)
- Mr. New York Basketball (2010)
Who is Tobias Harris's Girlfriend?
Tobias Harris is not married yet and he is still to get married. He is a very secretive person, as he has not revealed anything regarding his personal life/love life to the media. There is also no rumors and records about his dating life, affairs, and girlfriend. At present, he is assumed to be single. He is currently focusing on his career rather than spending his valuable time making a girlfriend. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Tobias Harris?
Tobias Harris is a professional basketball player. He has amassed a huge amount of money from his career. As of 2020, the net worth of Tobias Harris is estimated to have around $50 million. On July 6, 2019, the Sixers re-signed Harris to a five-year, $180 million contract earning the salary of $36 Million. His total career earnings are $70,549,880. Moreover, he has also made endorsement deals with various brands like Nike, OVADIA & SONS, Off-White, Damari Savile, etc. His major source of earning is from his basketball career whereas the endorsement deals also boost up his income. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Tobias Harris?
Tobias Harris is a very handsome basketball player with a charming personality and cool attitude attracting a lot of people towards him. He stands at the tall height of 6 ft 8 in or 2.03 m with a balanced body weight of 107 Kg or 235 lbs. His body build is athletic. Overall, he has got a healthy body as he maintained his body a lot.
Trivias About Tobias Harris You Need To Know.
- His playing position is Power Forward.
- He wears shirt/jersey number 12 as a tribute to his close friend and former teammate Morgan Childs, who died at age 17 due to leukemia.
- His Zodiac sign is Cancer and his religion is Christian.
- He was born to his parents; Torrel Harris (father) and Lisa Harris (mother). His grandfather, John Mulzac, was a member of the Tuskegee Airmen.