Facts About Tom Kennedy
|Celebrated Name||Tom Kennedy|
|Age||96 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Tom Kennedy|
|Birth Name||Tom Kennedy|
|Profession||TV Host , Actor|
|Place Of Birth||Louisville|
|Father||John Lawrence Narz Sr|
|Brothers||1; Jack Narz|
|University||University of Missouri and the University of Kentucky|
|Children||3; Linda Ann Narz, James Narz Jr., and Courtney Ellen Narz|
|Net Worth||$1 Million-$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||TV Shows Hosting Career|
|Height||6 ft or 1.83 m|
|Death Date||7th October 2020|
|Cause Of Death||Illness|
|Famous For||Being a TV host who was best known for his work in game shows|
|Best Known For||For hosting programs such as "Name That Tune," "Password Plus," "You Don't Say!" and "Split Second"|
Tom Kennedy was an American TV host who was best known for his work in game shows. He has hosted game shows including "You Don't Say!", "Split Second", and "Name That Tune". He also hosted "Hardcastle" and "McCormick". He made guest appearances on such TV shows as "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, Cannon", "Cybill", and "Laugh-In". He appeared on an episode of the new "Hollywood Squares" for its Game Show Week Part 2. TV game show host and Louisville native Tom Kennedy has died at his home Wednesday in Oxnard, California at the age of 93.
Game show host Tom Kennedy dies at 93
Veteran game show host Tom Kennedy, best known for hosting programs such as "Name That Tune," "Password Plus," "You Don't Say!" and "Split Second," died Wednesday at his home in Oxnard. He was 93. His daughter Courtney Ellen Narz confirmed his death. Also, the news was confirmed on Facebook by his friend Steve Beverly. A cause of death was not given, but Beverly noted Kennedy "had not been well in recent months." Over the course of 30 years, Kennedy hosted 14 game shows beginning with the short-lived radio program "Dr. I.Q." in 1958. He went on to host NBC's "The Big Game" in 1958, his first national hosting gig, as well as the series "You Don't Say!" (where he stayed for six years), "Split Second," "It's Your Bet," "Name That Tune," "Break The Bank," "To Say The Least," "Whew!" "Password Plus," "Body Language," and "Wordplay," his final hosting job. He briefly hosted a talk show, "The Real Tom Kennedy Show," in 1970 and hosted a syndicated nighttime version of "The Price Is Right" in 1985. He is survived by his sister, Mary, children Linda, James Jr. and Courtney, daughter-in-law Linda, and granddaughter Abigail.
Cause of Death of Tom Kennedy
On 7th October 2020, Tom Kennedy died at the age of 93. His cause of death is unknown, though it was known that he "had been ill for several months".
- Being a TV host who was best known for his work in game shows.
- For hosting programs such as "Name That Tune," "Password Plus," "You Don't Say!" and "Split Second".
What is the Birthplace of Tom Kennedy?
Tom Kennedy was born on 26th February 1927 in Louisville, Kentucky, the USA. He was born with the birth name/real name of James Edward Narz. In 1957, he changed his stage name to Tom Kennedy to further distinguish himself from his brother, also a game show host. He lastly celebrated his 93rd birthday. He was born to his parents; John Lawrence Narz Sr. (father), and his mother, whose name is still to get revealed yet. He held American nationality and his ethnicity was American-White. His race was White. He also has a sibling; a brother named Jack Narz (1922-2008). Pisces was his zodiac sign and his religion was Christian. As per his education, he attended the University of Missouri and the University of Kentucky.
How was the Career of Tom Kennedy?
- Tom Kennedy worked at KFRU (radio station) in Columbia, Missouri while he was studying at the University of Missouri.
- After that, he worked at WKLX in Lexington, Kentucky.
- He then moved to Los Angeles and worked for five years at KPOL and had a part-time job at KGIL as well.
- He later began appearing in TV shows. His biggest hit series was "You Don't Say!" which aired on NBC from 1963 to 1969.
- He then appeared from the year 1972 until 1975 on ABC "Split Second".
- Similarly, he made his role on "Name That Tune" (1974-1981); and "Password Plus", which he hosted from the year 1980 till 1982 following the illness (and later death) of original host Allen Ludden.
- His other hosting credits include "The Big Game" (1958), "Dr. I.Q." (1958-1959), "It's Your Bet" (1971-1972), "Break the Bank" (1976), "50 Grand Slam" (1976), "To Say the Least" (1977-1978), "Whew! (1979-1980), "Password Plus" (1980-1982), "Body Language" (1984-1986), a syndicated nighttime version of "The Price Is Right" (1985-1986) and "Wordplay" (1986-1987).
- He also briefly hosted a talk show, "The Real Tom Kennedy Show", in the early 1970s, and appeared as a guest panelist on To Tell the Truth, Hollywood Squares, "Liar's Club" and other game shows.
- As an actor, he made guest appearances on such shows as "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir", "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In", "Cannon" and "Hardcastle and McCormick".
- He then retired in the year 1989 after several game show pilots produced by his production company failed to sell.
- In the year 2003, he also appeared on Hollywood Squares during "Game Show Week Part 2".
Award and Achievements of Tom Kennedy
Tom Kennedy was an award-winning actor. In July 2005, he along with his brother, Jack Narz, were co-recipients of the Game Show Congress' Bill Cullen Award for Lifetime Achievement. Cullen was a brother-in-law to Narz and Kennedy.
What is the Net Worth of Tom Kennedy?
Tom Kennedy was a television host best known for his work in game shows. Throughout his career, he had made a huge amount of money. As of 2020, the net worth of Tom Kennedy is estimated to have between $1 Million-$5 Million whereas the exact salary and earning of Tom is still to get unfold yet. Before his death, he was living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings and he was satisfied with his income. His primary source of wealth comes from his game shows.
Who was Tom Kennedy married to?
Moving on to his personal life, Tom Kenndy was a married man. He wedded his beautiful wife, Betty Gevedon in the year 1948 till her death in 2011. The married couple was also blessed with three kids. He was survived by his children, Linda Ann Narz, James Narz Jr., and Courtney Ellen Narz, as well as a daughter-in-law Linda Papulis Narz, granddaughter Abigail Norah Narz, and sister, Mary Lovett Scully. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
How tall was Tom Kennedy?
Tom Kennedy was a very handsome man with a slim body built. His heartwarming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. He had got a tall height of 6 ft or 1.83 m matching with his body weight. Details regarding his other body measurements such as biceps size, chest size, waist size, shoe size, and more are currently not publicly available.
Trivias About Tom Kennedy You Need To Know.
- Tom Kennedy has hosted game shows including "You Don’t Say!", "Split Second", and "Name That Tune".
- He made guest appearances on such TV shows as "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, Cannon", "Cybill", and "Laugh-In".
- He appeared on an episode of the new "Hollywood Squares" for its Game Show Week Part 2.
- He also has a sibling; a brother named Jack Narz (1922-2008).
- As per his education, he attended the University of Missouri and the University of Kentucky.
- He wedded his beautiful wife, Betty Gevedon in the year 1948 till her death in 2011.