Facts About Tom Parker
|Celebrated Name||Tom Parker|
|Age||45 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Tom Parker|
|Birth Name||Thomas Scott Parker|
Tom Parker is a British singer who is best known for being the dance-pop vocalist of the British-Irish boy band, "The Wanted". Parker joined the band in 2009, along with other 4 members Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, and Nathan Sykes. As a part of "The Wanted", Parker has achieved 10 UK top 10 singles and has released 3 UK top 10 albums till 2020. They are known for their hit songs like "Glad You Came", "Gold Forever", "Lose My Mind", "I Found You".
Parker is also an avid DJ and also had unsuccessfully auditioned for The X Factor as a solo artist before joining The Wanted in 2010. He also had released a solo single titled "Undiscovered" in 2015. He and his band-mates also had won the award for Box Biggest Breakthrough and Hottest Boys at the 4Music Video Honours in 2010.
On October 12, 2020, Parker shared devastating news about being diagnosed with an inoperable stage 4 brain tumor and also mentioned having his treatment started via Instagram: @tomparkerofficial. He is also active on Twitter
What is Tom Parker Famous for?
- Famous as a member of the boy band, "The Wanted".
Where was Tom Parker Born?
Tom Parker was born on August 4, 1988, in Bolton, Lancashire, England. His birth name is. His nationality is British. Parker belongs to the White ethnicity while Leo is his zodiac sign.
Born and raised in his hometown, Tom self-taught himself guitar at age of 16. He learned it while playing his older brother, Lewis's guitar shortly after he fell in love with music and decided to pursue a career in music. The first song Tom learned on guitar was ‘Wonderwall’ by Oasis.
After his high school graduation, he went to Manchester's Metropolitan University to study Geography but soon got dropped out to focus on his career as a musician. Before starting his career, he had auditioned for The X Factor in 2007, however, failed to get past the first round.
Tom Parker's Career Highlights
- Tom Parker began his professional career when he joined the British-Irish boy band, "The Wanted" in 2009. The band is a 5 membered group consisting of Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Nathan Sykes, and himself.
- They were signed to Maximum Artist Management and Geffen Records.
- They made their official debut with the release of their debut single, "All Time Low" on July 25, 2010. The song was a hit song as it reached no. 1 in the UK chart.
- On October 22, 2010, their self-titled album was released featuring three UK top 20 singles: their debut single, "All Time Low", "Heart Vacancy", and "Lose My Mind".
- With the release of their second platinum-certified album, "Battleground"'s hit single, "Glad You Came", they gained much recognition and popularity.
- They then embarked on the "The Code" tour in 2012. Their debut American EP, "The Wanted: The EP", was released in April 2012.
- Their third album was titled "Word of Mouth" on November 4, 2013.
- Along with the band, Parker has achieved 10 UK top 10 singles and has released 3 UK top 10 albums.
- In 2013, he starred along with his band members in their own reality series called, "The Wanted Life".
- He also had collaborated with Richard Rawson on a track called "Fireflies".
- In October 2015, Parker released a solo single titled "Undiscovered".
- He also had taken part in Celebrity Masterchef in the UK and was eliminated in the semi-finals in 2015.
- In 2016, he appeared on the Channel 4 show, "The Jump" finishing in third place.
- He was also cast in the UK tour of Grease as Danny Zuko.
- Even before he joined "The Wanted", Parker joined a Take That tribute band known as Take That II and toured Northern England.
Tom Parker's Wife and Health
Tom Parker is currently married to the love of his life, Kelsey Hardwick. Kelsey is a British actress, designer, and blogger who is best known for her appearance as a Hogwarts student in the third Harry Potter film, "Prisoner of Azkaban".
Born on March 7, 1990, Kelsey and Tom met for the first time while they were at the pub. The couple got engaged on March 20, 2016, and just 2 years later, o July 14, 2018, the couple got married in a romantic ceremony held at the ground on Ridge Farm in Surrey.
Parkers recall the marriage to be the best day of his life. The couple welcomed their first daughter named Aurelia Rose in 2019 and announced of expecting their second child together to be born at end of 2020.
On the contrary to welcoming their second child, Parker faced the most devastating phase of his life after he announced of been diagnosed with an inoperable stage 4 glioblastoma(brain tumor). He also said that he will undergo radiation therapy and chemotherapy while he and his wife Kelsey await the birth of their second child.
His wife, Kelsey also talked about the situation saying, "I don’t think Tom can process this information. It’s horrible. Watching your partner go through this is so difficult, because how can I tell him not to let it consume him?" Back in time, Tom once slept with five girls in one night and also admitted to cheating on each of his girlfriends until he found Kesley.
Tom Parker's Net Worth
Tom Parker has earned a good amount of income from his profession as a musician. Having his professional career started in 2009 since the age of 20, Parker has reached great heights in his career with his band, "The Watched". With all of his earnings, he has an estimated net worth of $8 million as of 2020. At present, he is living a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
Tom Parker's Height
Tom Parker is a handsome guy in his 30s. With his perfect voice-tone and charming personality, Parker has managed to win several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch. while his body weighs around 58kg. He has a fair complexion with brown hair and hazel eyes. He also has a tattoo on his side that reads Rock ‘n’ Roll.