Tommy Dorfman - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Husband, Gender, Sexuality, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Wiki, Career, Trivia, Birthday, Siblings
Tommy Dorfman is an American actress who is famous for playing the self-confident and feisty Liberty High school student named Ryan Shaver in the drama-mystery "13 Reasons Why" (2017). He made his acting debut in the short film "Foreign Exchange" in 2009 as Jason. She has also appeared in films like 2013's "In My Skin" as well as stage productions like "The Enigma Machine". She was also cast in the recurring role of Nick in the comedy-drama television series, "American Princess" in 2019. She has also played the recurring role of Bobby, an associate of Sin Rostro, in "Jane the Virgin". It is a loose adaptation of the Venezuelan telenovela Juana la Virgen created by Perla Farías. As a dancer, she has performed with the Atlanta Ballet. Dorfman came out as a transgender woman and updated her pronouns to she/her on 22nd July 2021.
- Being an American actress.
- For playing Ryan Shaver in the Netflix series "13 Reasons Why".
What is the Birthplace of Tommy Dorfman?
Tommy Dorfman was born on 13th May 1992. Her birthplace is in Atlanta, Georgia, the USA. By nationality, Tommy is American and her ethnicity is mixed as she is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on their father's side and has Irish, German, English, Swiss-German, and Welsh roots on their mother's side. She was born to a Jewish family. However, her race is White. She worships the Judaism religion and her Zodiac sign is Taurus. Her present age as of 2021 is 29. She is a cousin of The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman. She has never talked about her parent's details to the media. The fact is only known that she has four older siblings.
Concerning her educational background, Tommy graduated from Fordham University, Lincoln Center in NYC.
How was the Career of Tommy Dorfman?
- Tommy Dorfman made her acting debut in the short film "Foreign Exchange" in the year 2009 as the role of a student.
- Then, she was seen in the next short film "My Skin" as the role of Julian in the year 2013.
- She appeared in the 2016 TV show "i-Witness" as Rob Jr.
- She was also cast in the role of Ryan Shaver on the Netflix drama "13 Reasons Why", which premiered in 2017-2018; 2020.
- In 2019, she appeared in "Jane the Virgin", "Fluidity", "Insatiable" and "American Princess".
- Similarly, in 2020, she appeared in "Love, Victor", "RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars", and "Love in the Time of Corona".
- What's more, she also helped design a fashion collection with ASOS, and, in October, was honored with the Rising Star Award by GLAAD.
- In the spring of 2019, Dorfman made her New York theatrical debut in The New Group's production of Jeremy O. Harris' play "Daddy".
Who is Tommy Dorfman married to?
Tommy Dorfman was a married woman. She was married to Peter Zurkuhlen on 12th November 2016. Back in April 2015, the duo got engaged. Their wedding was held in Portland, Maine. According to his LinkedIn profile, Zurkuhlen is a former real estate agent who founded the tech company ChipChop Systems. Additionally, he's Chief of Staff at Get Help, a health care industry platform. Dorfman and Zurkuhlen still frequently post about one another on social media. But the actor explained that their relationship changed over the past year. "The types of romantic partnerships I seek out are different," Dorfman began. "I was in a nine-year relationship in which I was thought of as a more male-bodied person, with a gay man. I love him so much, but we've been learning that as a trans woman, what I'm interested in is not necessarily reflected in a gay man. So we've had incredible conversations to redefine our relationship as friends," she continued.
While studying in high school, Dorfman dated Violet Chachki. Dorfman shared the above photographs with actor Jacob Elordi, known for The Kissing Booth film franchise and the HBO series Euphoria. The two actors looked very cozy in the images. This led to romance rumors.
Tommy Dorfman Sexual Orientation
Tommy Dorfman is a queer as per her sexual orientation/sexuality. Tommy came out as non-binary in November 2017 and later changed her pronouns to they/them. Dorfman came out as a transgender woman and updated her pronouns to she/her on 22nd July 2021. She revealed in an interview that she has been "privately identifying and living as a woman" for almost a year. Tommy said in her Time interview that she decided to announce her transition to a trans woman publicly so that she could stay true to herself. "I've been living in this other version of coming out where I don't feel safe enough to talk about it, so I just do it," she said. "But I recognize that transitioning is beautiful. Why not let the world see what that looks like?"
How much is Tommy Dorfman Net Worth?
Tommy Dorfman is a famous actress who has appeared in a number of movies and TV shows. She grabbed huge limelight playing Ryan Shaver in the Netflix series "13 Reasons Why". As of 2021, the net worth of Tommy Dorfman is estimated to be between $1 million to $5 million. Whereas her exact salary is unavailable at a moment. Her major source of income comes from the entertainment industry. She is living a cool lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Tommy Dorfman?
Tommy Dorfman stands tall at an average height of 5 ft 11 in or 180 cm matching with her body weight of 75 kg or 165 lbs. Her hair color is dark blonde and she has a pair of Hazel eye color. Her body measurement is 40-12-32 inches. She has got a glowing face with a charming smile on her lips.
Trivias About Tommy Dorfman You Need To Know.
- Tommy Dorfman is well recognized for appearing as Ryan Shaver in the drama-mystery "13 Reasons Why" (2017).
- Tommy earlier used they/them pronouns. In July 2021, Tommy came out as a trans woman and started using she/her pronouns.
- Tommy has said that her parents knew she was gay the moment Tommy was born and waved a jazz hand in the air.
- She is a cousin of The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman.
- She has four older siblings.