Tony DeAngelo - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Contract, Personal Life, Girlfriend, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Facts, Wiki, Career, Position
Tony DeAngelo is an American professional ice hockey player. His playing position is a defenseman. He is currently playing for the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL). Previously, he played with the Arizona Coyotes and New York Rangers. Initially, he played minor ice hockey in Sewell until the age of 14, when he joined the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders to become the youngest ever player for the United States Hockey League. Then, he was taken by the Sarnia Sting of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) in the second round of the 2011 OHL Priority Selection Draft. The Tampa Bay Lightning selected DeAngelo nineteenth overall in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, and he signed a three-year, entry-level contract with them later that year. He was then traded to the Coyotes and made his NHL debut in 2016. He was again traded, this time to the Rangers, in 2017. On 28th July 2021, the Carolina Hurricanes signed DeAngelo to a one-year, $1 million contract. His jersey number is 77 for Carolina Hurricanes.
Why is Tony DeAngelo Famous For?
- Being a professional ice hockey defenseman.
- Playing for the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL).
What Nationality is Tony DeAngelo?
Tony DeAngelo was born on 24th October 1995. His place of birth is in Sewell, New Jersey, the USA. His birth name is Anthony DeAngelo. He was born to his father, Lou DeAngelo, and his mother, Gina DeAngelo. He is the youngest of four siblings born to his parents. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is American-White. His race is White. As per his birthdate, he was born under the star sign Scorpio. He follows the Christianity religion. He was also close to his grandparents, and his paternal grandfather Lou would drive him to and from the local ice rink during his youth hockey career. His present age is 25 as of 2020. He played for minor ice hockey in South Jersey at Hollydell Ice Arena in Sewell and was known for his competitive nature. In 2008, he appeared in the Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament with the Philadelphia Flyers' minor hockey affiliate. He also played for the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the United States Hockey League (USHL) at the age of 14.
After completing high school education Tony DeAngelo completed education in Bachelor Degree from public US state university.
Tony DeAngelo Career Timeline
- Tony DeAngelo started his career by playing junior ice hockey for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders of the United States Hockey League (USHL) becoming the youngest player in USHL history, often competing with college athletes.
- He played 28 games with the RoughRiders in the 2010-11 USHL season scoring one goal and 14 assists for a total of 15 points.
- He then suffered a broken patella while blocking a slapshot in a game against the Des Moines Buccaneers in January 2011, and the injury kept him out for the rest of the season.
- After that, the Sarnia Sting of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) selected DeAngelo in the second round, 24th overall, of the 2011 OHL Priority Selection Draft.
- He scored 23 points in 68 games as a rookie in the 2011-12 OHL season.
- The OHL later released a statement on February 14 that DeAngelo would be suspended for eight games following a violation of the league's Harassment and Abuse/Diversity Policy. The details of his first suspension were kept confidential.
- Going into the 2014 National Hockey League draft, he was considered a top North American prospect.
- He led all OHL defensemen in scoring with 71 season points (15 goals and 56 assists), and was ranked No. 10 in the NHL Central Scouting Bureau's 2014 midterm report.
- On June 27, 2014, the Tampa Bay Lightning selected DeAngelo in the first round, 19th overall, at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the team on December 2, 2014.
- The Sting traded DeAngelo to the Sault Ste on 7th January 2015.
- Then, he was assigned to Lightning's 2015 American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
- On June 25, 2016, in the midst of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, the Lightning traded DeAngelo to the Arizona Coyotes.
- He scored his first NHL goal in his professional debut on 8th November 2016.
- He was suspended for three games for the physical assault of a referee during a 4-2 loss to the Calgary Flames on 1st January 2017. He finished his first NHL season with five goals and nine assists in 39 games.
- The Coyotes traded DeAngelo on 23rd June 2017 as well as the seventh overall pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, to the New York Rangers. He started ten games with the Rangers in the 2017-2018 season.
- During the 2018-2019 season, he scored 30 points in 61 games.
- He became a restricted free agent after the 2018-2019 season. He scored 53 points, 15 goals, and 38 assists, in 68 regular-season games, the fourth among all NHL defensemen, before the season was shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- His best game came on January 9, 2020, when DeAngelo scored a hat trick in a 6-3 win over the New Jersey Devils.
- The Rangers signed DeAngelo to a two-year, $9.6 million contract extension on 15th October 2020.
- On 23rd July 2021, the Rangers placed him on unconditional waivers, allowing the team to buy out the remainder of his contract and releasing him as a free agent.
- On 28th July 2021, the Carolina Hurricanes signed DeAngelo to a one-year, $1 million contract.
- Regarding his international career, he first represented the United States at the under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in 2012 registering three assists in the final game of the tournament, a 5-3 win against Slovakia, and the US finished in seventh place.
- He was one of 22 skaters named to the US junior team for the 2015 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in 2015.
Awards and Achievements
- CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game (Team Cherry) in 2013-14
- Max Kaminsky Trophy in 2014-15
- CHL Defenceman of the Year in 2014-15
Who is Tony DeAngelo Girlfriend?
Tony DeAngelo is not married yet and he is still to get married. There is no news and rumors about him being in a relationship or having affairs with anyone in the media. However, it can be assumed that he is in a romantic relationship with his probable girlfriend. But, it cannot be confirmed without any solid proof as he has not stated anything about his love life to the public. As of today, he is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Tony DeAngelo Net Worth?
Tony DeAngelo is a professional ice hockey player whose net worth is estimated to have $1 Million as of 2021. On 28th July 2021, the Carolina Hurricanes signed DeAngelo to a one-year, $1 million contract. Thus, his annual salary is $1 million as of 2021. Back in 2019, he receives $1,325,000 as an annual average salary. On October 15, 2020, the Rangers signed DeAngelo to a two-year, $9.6 million contract extension. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle. His source of wealth comes from his ice hockey career.
How tall is Tony DeAngelo?
Tony DeAngelo is a handsome man with an athletic body build. He stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 11 in (180 cm) and his weight consist of 180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb). He frequently does exercise to keep himself fit and fine. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality. His other body measurements is still to get unfold yet.
Trivias About Tony DeAngelo You Need To Know.
- Tony DeAngelo is playing for the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL) at present.
- His playing position is Defenceman
- The Tampa Bay Lightning selected DeAngelo nineteenth overall in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, and he signed a three-year, entry-level contract with them later that year.
- He is the youngest of four siblings born to his parents.
- He was born under the star sign Scorpio.
- He competed with Team USA at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in 2012.