Facts About Tony Finau
|33 Years Old
|Milton Pouha "Tony" Finau
|Place Of Birth
|Salt Lake City
|Will Add Soon
|Source of Wealth
|6 ft 4 in
|Will Add Soon
An American professional golfer who currently plays on the PGA Tour is named for Tony Finau. He turned professional in 2007. Tony has won 2 professional tournaments. His professional tour wins include 1 “PGA tour” win, and 1 “Web.com Tour” win. Additionally, he has participated in “U.S Open”, “The Open Championship”, and “PGA Championship”. Overall, he is a very talented golfer.
Does Tony Finau choke on Sundays, or is he the victim of bad luck?
Finau watched a two-stroke lead with two holes to play evaporate in Phoenix this weekend, his pocket picked by Webb Simpson, who proceeded to wave Finau's wallet in jest by making birdie on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff to deny Finau, again, of his first full-field win on the PGA Tour. “Hats off to Webb. A couple of birdies coming home, and if you’re going to get beat that’s how it should happen,” Finau said in defeat. “I definitely didn’t give him the tournament. He took the lead from me early, and I got it late, but unfortunately, it’s how the cookie crumbles.”
What is the birthplace of Tony Finau?
Tony was born on 14th September 1989 in Salt Lake City, the USA. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is mixed with Tongan and American Samoan. He was born to parents, Kelepi Finau (father) and Ravena Finau (mother) and he also has a brother named Gipper. His father was an immigrant from Tonga and has worked very hard to make Toy and his brother successful. His mother was also a very strong lady who raised seven homeless children. As per his education, he didn’t go to college. At the age of 17, he became a full-time professional golfer. As of 2019, he celebrated his 30th birthday with his friends and families.
How was Tony Finau's Career?
- Tony Finau turned professional at the age of 17 and began playing on mini-tours including the Gateway Tour, NGA Hooters Tour, and National Pro Tour.
- He along with his brother Gipper competed on the Golf Channel's The Big Break in 2009 and finished second on Big Break Disney Golf.
- He then played on the PGA Tour Canada in 2013, making seven cuts in eight starts.
- He finished T-3 at the 2013 Web.com Tour qualifying school to earn his Web.com Tour card for 2014.
- He won his first title in August 2014 at the Stonebrae Classic.
- He then finished 8th in the regular season, and 12th in the Web.com Tour Finals to earn his PGA Tour card for the 2014-2015 season.
- He won his maiden title on the PGA Tour at the Puerto Rico Open in March 2016.
- He opted not to defend his Puerto Rico title in 2017, instead of taking his chances to get into the field at the 2017 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play but was two players short of entering the field, which takes the top 64 available players from the Official World Golf Ranking.
- He qualified for the first three majors in 2018, including his first Master's appearance, by making it to the Tour Championship in 2017 and he finished in a tie for 10th place at the 2018 Masters, despite dislocating his ankle in the Par-3 contest the day before the first round.
- He finished in 5th place at the U.S. Open after a double-bogey on the 18th hole, his highest finish to date in a major tournament in June 2018.
- He finished the 2018 PGA Tour season ranked sixth in the season-long FedEx Cup and he earned over $5,600,000 in the 2017-18 season with 11 top-10 finishes.
- His best finishes in the season were second at the Safeway Open and The Northern Trust.
- He also finished T2 at the Genesis Open.
- Jim Furyk named Finau as a captain's pick for the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National outside of Paris, France in September 2018.
- He finished with a 2-1-0 record and won his singles match over Tommy Fleetwood (6 and 4).
- He lost a playoff against Xander Schauffele in the WGC-HSBC Champions on 28th October 2018.
- He still won more than $1,000,000 by finishing second.
- In April 2019, he was in the final group of the Masters Tournament with Tiger Woods, who went on to win his 15th major championship, and Francesco Molinari.
- He ended the tournament tied for 5th.
- He played on the U.S. team at the 2019 Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne Golf Club in Australia in December 2019.
- The U.S. team won 16-14. Finau went 0-1-3 and halved his Sunday singles match against Hideki Matsuyama.
- In February 2020, Finau lost the Waste Management Phoenix Open in a sudden-death playoff to Webb Simpson. Finau, who lost to Simpson's birdie on the first extra hole, had held a two-stroke lead with two holes to play, but Simpson finished with consecutive birdies to force the playoff.
- In February 2020, he lost the Waste Management Phoenix Open in a sudden-death playoff to Webb Simpson.
- Finau, who lost to Simpson's birdie on the first extra hole, had held a two-stroke lead with two holes to play, but Simpson finished with consecutive birdies to force the playoff.
Who is Tony Finau's Wife?
Tony Finau is a married person and he was married to his wife, Alayna Finau. Information about their marital date and how the duo met have not been disclosed yet. At present, they enjoy each other’s company and have four children together. Their children's names are Nene Finau (2012), Jraice Finau (2013), and Tony Finau Jr. (2015), and Sage Finau (2017). Their youngest children Sage underwent surgery to correct his Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation. As of now, the couple is living a happy life as the duo often goes for a vacation along with their children. They were last spotted at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, enjoying their vacation.
What is the Net Worth of Tony Finau?
The net worth of this famous golfer is believed to have $8 Million as of 2020. In 2019, he earned over $5.6 million because of his 2nd-place finish at the Safeway Open, Genesis Open, and Northern Trust Bank Tournament. He has won $1,763,657 over 11 events. At present, his exact salary is under review but there is no doubt that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. He is satisfied with his earnings as of now. His major source of earning is from his golf career.
How tall is Tony Finau?
Tony Finau is a handsome hunk with an athletic body build. He has got a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a height of 6 feet 4 inches. His body weighs 91kg. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. His other body measurements will be added soon once we get information about it. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Tony Finau You Need To Know.
- He turned professional in 2007.
- He has won 2 professional tournaments.
- He has also a brother named Gipper.
- He was married to his wife, Alayna Finau.