Tony Jaa Bio, Family. Facts, Net Worth, Age, Real Name, Wife, Height, Wiki, Nationality, Awards, Career, Birthday, Movies, Measurements, Size
Tatchakorn Yeerum, professionally known as Tony Jaa is a Thai martial artist, actor, action choreographer, stuntman, director, and traceur. He starred in and wrote the 2008 film "Ong Bak 2" and its 2010 sequel, "Ong Bak 3". He started training in Muay Thai at the local temple from age 10 and at age 15 he requested to become a protege of stuntman and action film director Panna Rittikrai. Jaa had his most successful American crossover film in 2010 with "The Protector". His other films include "Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior" (2003), "Tom-Yum-Goong" (2005), "Ong Bak 2: The Beginning" (2008), "Furious 7" (2015), and "SPL II: A Time for Consequences" (2015). Additionally, Jaa starred as Jack Jaa in the 2021 film, "Detective Chinatown 3" and he will also be appearing in the film series, "The Expendables 4" in 2022.
- Being a Thai martial artist, actor, action choreographer, stuntman, director, and traceur.
- For being starred in and wrote the 2008 film "Ong Bak 2" and its 2010 sequel, "Ong Bak 3".
Tony Jaa Early Life: Age, Family & Real Name
Tony Jaa stepped for the very first time into the world on 5th February 1976 in Surin, Thailand. He took birth with the real name of Tatchakorn Yeerum in the Buddhist family. He is Thai by nationality and Mon-Khmer by ethnicity. He is better known as Jaa Phanom in Thailand. Tony's present age is 45 which he celebrated in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his mother Rin Saipetch and his father Thongdee Yeerum.
Talking about Tony's education, he attend Maha Sarakham College of Physical Education in Maha Sarakham Province from which he graduated with a bachelor's degree.
Tony Jaa Martial Artist Career
- Tony Jaa conceived his career by working as a stuntman for Muay Thai Stunt for 14 years, appearing in many of Panna's films. He was a stunt double in the Thai television series "Insee Daeng" (Red Eagle).
- Panna and Jaa developed an interest in Muay Boran, the predecessor of muay Thai and worked and trained for four years at the art with the intention of developing a film about it.
- Then he got the role of leading man in "Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior" in 2003 whereas his second major movie was "Tom-Yum-Goong" ("The Protector" in the US).
- Later Sahamongkol Film International advertised that Tony Jaa's third film would be called "Sword" or "Daab Atamas" however due to a falling out between Prachya and Jaa, neither have publicly commented on, "Sword" was canceled.
- It was reported in March 2006 that there would be a sequel to "Ong-Bak", "Ong-Bak 2" which was released in December 2008.
- Tony's films captured the attention of his hero, Jackie Chan, who asked director Brett Ratner to cast Jaa in "Rush Hour 3".
- He had been cast in a small role in a third installment of the "King Naresuan" film series directed by Chatrichalerm Yukol, although the film was ultimately canceled. "Ong Bak 3" was launched in 2010 and provides a conclusion to this Thai trilogy.
- As well, Jaa and Panna Rittikrai co-directed "Ong Bak 3", the 2010 sequel to the prequel "Ong Bak 2".
- Later, Jaa became a Buddhist monk at a Buddhist temple in Surin, Thailand on 28th May 2010 and after leaving the monastery, he accepted a deal with Sahamongkol film company. He filmed "Tom Yum Goong 2" for them which was the first time Jaa has shared the big screen with another international martial arts star.
- Tony teamed up with Dolph Lundgren in the Thai western-comedy "A Man Will Rise" in 2013 and in 2014 in Lundgren's pet project "Skin Trade".
- Then he co-starred in the blockbuster action film "Furious 7" and also teamed up with fellow actors Louis Koo and Wu Jing in the Hong Kong-Chinese action film "SPL II".
- He was briefly attached to the remake of "Kickboxer: Vengeance". But it was announced in November 2014 that he had exited the project. Jaa's most recent project was starring Vin Diesel in "XXX: Return of Xander Cage".
- He co-starred with Louis Koo again in "Paradox", the third part of the "SPL series" in October 2016.
- Furthermore, he was seen in the films, "Jiu-Jitsu" and "Monster Hunter" in 2020 whereas he also starred in the film, "Detective Chinatown 3" in 2021. He will be seen in the film series, "The Expendables 4" in 2022 whereas his other upcoming movie also includes "A Man Will Rise".
Awards and Achievements
- Star Entertainment Awards for his work in "Ong-Bak"
- Suphannahong National Film Awards for his work in "Tom-Yum-Goong"
- Top Awards for his work in "Ong Bak 2"
- Nine Entertain Awards for his work in "Ong Bak 2"
Who is Tony Jaa Wife?
Tony Jaa is a married guy. He tied a knot with his longtime girlfriend Piyarat Chotiwattananont on 29th December 2011. They had the wedding ceremony on 3rd May 2012. Tony and Jaa both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. She's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. The pair is blessed with two daughters named Hathaipawee Yeerum and Narinrat Yeerum. Reflecting Tony's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Tony Jaa Net Worth 2021
Tony Jaa has a net worth of $10 million as of 2021 whereas he also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $1, 529, 412 per year. With tremendous net worth, he is living a lavish lifestyle. He has not done endorsement worm for any brands yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his martial artist, actor, action choreographer, stuntman, director, and traceur career.
Tony Jaa Measurements: Height, Weight & Size
Tony Jaa is a handsome guy who stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 6 inches with a balanced bodyweight of 61 kg. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. Enriched with the toned bicep and perfect built, the actor doesn't hesitate to go shirtless. Jaa has an athletic body build with 42-14-32 inches of body measurement.
Did You Know?
- Tony started appearing in films as a stuntman at age fifteen.
- He had his most successful American crossover film in 2010 with "The Protector".
- He has cited Jackie Chan's films as one of his greatest childhood inspirations.
- He is capable of speaking Kuy, Thai and Cambodian.
- He is of Kuy descent, a Mon-Khmer ethnic group that inhabits Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos.