Toto Wolff - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Nationality, Age, Awards
Torger Christian "Toto" Wolff, popularly known as Toto Wolff is an Austrian motorsport executive and investor. A former racing driver, Wolff holds a 33% stake in the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team, of which he is also the CEO and Team Principal.
Wolff started his motorsport career in the Austrian Formula Ford Championship and the German Formula Ford Series. He won his category in the 1994 24 Hours Nurburgring and later competed in the FIA GT Championship and Italian GT Championship.
He founded Marchfifteen in 1998 and Marchsixteen investments in 2004.
What is Toto Wolff Famous For?
- CEO of the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team.
Where is Toto Wolff From?
Toto Wolff was born on 12 January 1972. His birth name is Torger Christian Wolff. His birth place is in Vienna in Austria. He holds Austrian nationality. His hometown is Vienna. He attended a French school. He was born to a Polish mother and a Romanian father. His father was diagnosed with brain cancer when he was 8 years old. His parents later separated. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. More details about his parents, siblings, and education will be updated here.
Toto Wolff Motorsport Career
- Toto Wolff started his motorsport career in 1992.
- He started in the Austrian Formula Ford Championship, driving in Austrian.
- He raced in German Formula Ford in 1993 and 1994.
- He won the 24 Hours Nurburgring in his category in 1994.
- He finished sixth place in the N-GT category in the FIA GT Championship in 2002.
- He switched to the Italian GT Championship in 2003.
- He won a race in the Italian GT Championship in 2004 with Lorenzo Case.
- He teamed up with Karl Wendlinger in the FIA GT Championship.
- He was runner-up in the Austrian Rally Championship in 2006.
- He won the 2006 Dubai 24 Hour.
- He became a lap-record holder on the Nurburgring Nordschleife in a Porsche RSR in 2009.
- He served as an instructor at the Walter Lechner Racing School.
- He has overall responsibility for the Mercedes EQ Formula E Team.
Toto Wolff Business Ventures
- Toto Wolff founded investment companies, Marchfifteen in 1998 and Marchsixteen in 2004.
- These companies initially focused on internet and technology company investments.
- He concentrated on strategic investments in medium-sized industrial and listed companies since 2003.
- Toto Wolff bought a share of the Williams Formula One Team in 2009.
- He was named executive director of Williams F1 in 2012.
- He left F1 in January 2013 to become an executive director of the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team.
- He became a managing partner and as well as acquired 30% of Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Ltd.
- By 2016, he sold his Williams shares.
- Mercedes-Benz won both F1 titles, F2 with George Russell, and European F3 with Mich Schumacher in 2018. They also won drivers' title, F1eSports titles, and numerous championships in customer racing.
- Wolff and Niki Lauda, team non-executive chairman were awarded the President's Award at the 2018 FIA Prize Giving Gala.
- Mercedes won its record seventh consecutive double world championship in 2020, ahead of the six Ferrari achieved from 1999 to 2004.
- Mercedes won eight consecutive constructors' world championships in 2021. They finished second in the drivers'.
Who is Toto Wolff Wife?
Toto Wolff is a married man. He is married to Susie Stoddart. His wife Susie is the CEO of Venturi Racing in Formula E and a former racing driver. The couple got engaged after he proposed to Susie on a boat in Venice. They tied a knot to each other in October 2011. The couple shares a son, Jack. He also has two children from his previous marriage.
How Tall is Toto Wolff?
Toto Wolff stands at the height of 1.96 m i.e. 6 feet and 5 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 75 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Toto Wolff Net Worth?
Toto Wolff is one of the successful motorsport executives and investors. Under his leadership, Mercedes has won the record world championship. He is paid a lucrative salary for his service. He also has stakes at several companies. Summing up, he has accumulated a large fortune from his business ventures.
As of 2022, his net worth was estimated at around CHF 1.25 billion.
Trivias About Toto Wolff You Need To Know.
- His mother was a physician.
- His father died of brain cancer.
- As of 2019, Wolff is the only Team Principal who has won more than five consecutive double world championships.
- He was also a Director and CEO of the Mercedes EQ Formula E Team.
- He is vice chairman of the Mary Bendet Foundation which aims to improve the quality of life for underprivileged children.
- He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from Cranfield University for his services to Motorsport in May 2021.
- He was appointed to an Associate Fellowship of the Oxford Saïd Business School for two years in 2021.
- His leadership of the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team was the subject of a Harvard Business School case study in February 2022.
- He visited Harvard on 3 March 2022 to teach the case study to MBA students and lead a discussion on high-performance leadership and organizational culture.
- He speaks German, English, French, Italian, and Polish.