Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 10:03 am
Facts About Tracee Ellis Ross
|Celebrated Name||Tracee Ellis Ross|
|Age||50 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Tracee Joy Silberstein|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Father||Robert Ellis Silberstein|
|Siblings||Evan Ross (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor and Musician), Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Half-Sister) (Actress), Ross Naess (Half-Brother) (Producer), Chudney Ross (Younger Sister) (Producer)|
|School||The Dalton School|
|Famous For||For being cast in the leading role of Joan Clayton in the comedy series, Girlfriends and as Dr. Rainbow Johnson in the comedy drama series, Black-ish|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Waist Size||22 in|
|Bra Cup Size||32 in|
|Hip Size||40 in|
|Dress Size||8 (US)|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Awards Won||NAACP Image Award|
A multi-talented American actress, model, comedian, director, and television host is named Tracee Ellis Ross who is best known for her lead role as Joan Clayton in the comedy series Girlfriends (2000–2008) and Dr. Rainbow Johnson in the comedy series Black-ish (2014–present). She also owns Pattern Beauty, a hair-care line for curly hair. From the year 2000 to 2008, she played the starring role of Joan Clayton in the UPN/CW comedy series "Girlfriends", for which she received two NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series. She is an actress and producer known for Girlfriends, Black-ish, and Reed Between the Lines. In 2020, she starred in and recorded the soundtrack album for the musical film "The High Note".
What is Tracee Ellis Ross Famous For?
- Being an actress, singer, TV host, producer, and director.
- Being cast in the leading role of Joan Clayton in the comedy series, Girlfriends and as Dr. Rainbow Johnson in the comedy-drama series, Black-ish.
What Ethnicity is Tracee Ellis Ross?
On 29th October 1927, Tracee was born with the birth name of Tracee Joy Silberstein in Los Angeles, California, the USA. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is multiracial as she is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side and has African-American ancestry on her mother’s side. She is the daughter of Motown singer/actress Diana Ross and music business manager Robert Ellis Silberstein. Her birth sign is Scorpio. Her siblings are Evan Ross (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor and Musician), Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Half-Sister) (Actress), Ross Naess (Half-Brother) (Producer), Chudney Ross (Younger Sister) (Producer). Judaism is her religion. She celebrated her 49th birthday as of 2021.
Tracee went to Riverdale Country School and The Dalton School in New York. She was also enrolled at the Institut Le Rosey in Switzerland. For higher education, she went to Brown University in Rhode Island where she graduated in 1994 with a degree in theater. She also took classes at the famed William Esper Acting Studio to hone her performance skills.
Tracee Ellis Ross Career Timeline
- Tracee began her career by appearing in her big-screen debut playing a Jewish/African-American woman in the independent feature film "Far Harbor" in the year 1996.
- After that, she debuts as host of "The Dish".
- In the year 1998, she starred as a former high school track star in the NBC made-for-TV movie "Race Against Fear: A Moment of Truth".
- Her next role was an independent feature film "Sue".
- In the year 2000, she landed her first major studio role in "Hanging Up" and also she broke into comedy as a regular performer in the MTV series "The Lyricist Lounge Show".
- She gained her biggest achievement when she landed the lead role in the hit UPN/CW series "Girlfriends" in which she starred as the show's main protagonist Joan Carol Clayton.
- She also won an NAACP Image Award in the category, of Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in the series in the year 2007 and again for the second time in the year 2009, and then the third time in the year 2012.
- She then appeared in the HBO movie "Life Support" in the year 2007 and also appeared in the movie "Daddy's Little Girls" and then "Labor Pain" in the year 2009.
- In the year 2011, she appeared in four episodes of CSI as the estranged wife of Laurence Fishburne's character and also she starred in the sitcom "Reed Between the Lines".
- In the year 2012, she starred in the NBC drama pilot "Bad Girls".
- In the year 2014, she was cast in the ABC comedy series "Black-ish".
- She received nominations for two Critics' Choice Television Awards and two Primetime Emmy Awards for her performance in the series.
- In the year 2015, she was awarded an honorary doctorate of fine art (honoris causa) by Brown University.
- He hosted the BET Awards in 2015 and 2016 and the American Music Awards in 2017 and 2018.
- She also hosted The Fashion Awards in 2019.
- As of 2018, as CEO of Pattern Beauty LLC of El Segundo, California, she produces a line of "Juicy and Joyful" beauty hair care products made with safe ingredients for curls and promotes support organizations to empower women and people of color.
- She even appeared in the fourth episode of A Little Late with Lilly Singh, an NBCUniversal daily late-night TV talk show format series discussing popular culture.
- In the year 2019, she created, alongside Kenya Barris, a prequel spin-off of Black-ish called Mixed-ish. Ross serves as a narrator for the series starring Tika Sumpter and Mark-Paul Gosselaar.
- She will star in and executive produces the adult animated comedy "Jodie", the first in a series of spin-offs based on MTV's Daria franchise. Ross will voice the title character, Jodie Landon.
- In the year 2020, she played the leading role of Grace Davis, the legendary superstar singer, in the musical comedy-drama film "The High Note" for Focus Features. The film was released on 29th May 2020, through video on demand.
- In "The High Note", she made her singing debut, recording a soundtrack album titled "The High Note" (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). The lead single, the pop-ballad "Love Myself" was released on 15th May 2020, through Republic Records.
- She emceed the second night of the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
- She recently signed a deal with ABC Signature.
- In 2021, she was included on the Time 100, Time's annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Awards and Achievements
- 2021 - Emmy-Outstanding Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2021 - Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2020 - Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2020 - People's Choice Awards-Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor: Nominated
- 2018 - Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2017 - Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 2017 - Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2017 - Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2016 - Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2016 - Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominated
Tracee Ellis Ross 2022 Oscars Red Carpet Hairstyle
The Black-ish actress, Tracee made a grand entrance on the red carpet for the 94th Academy Awards evening. For Hollywood's biggest night, she wore a stunning scarlet gown by Carolina Herrera with a plunging sweetheart neckline, ruffled mermaid-style hem, and shimmery diamond choker necklace by NIWAKA. She kept her glam for the evening fresh and classic, opting for her signature curls slicked back into a sophisticated low chignon, bold brows, and a matching matte red lip. Ross accessorized her awards show ensemble with simple pearl stud earrings and red pointed-toe pumps as well. Ross shared a glimpse of her gown on Instagram before hitting the carpet, simply captioning the photo op, "Oscars, baby!"
What is Tracee Ellis Ross Net Worth?
The net worth of this actress, model, comedian, producer, and television host is estimated to have $20 Million as of 2022. She is earning a cool amount of money from her career. She is satisfied with her earnings at present. Her major source of income is her acting career. She has earned a lot of money being an actress in many movies such as Girlfriends and more. Her exact salary has not been revealed yet and will be updated soon. There is no doubt in the mind of followers that she is earning a considerable amount of money from her career. From 2000 to 2002, she played a lead role in the television episodes girlfriends and black-ish. During the first season, her salary per episode was $60,000. Her co-star Anthony Anderson, who also serves as a producer, earned $100,000 per episode in the first season. After syndication was locked in, her salary was increased to $200,000 per year. That works out to around $4.4 million per season.
Who is Tracee Ellis Ross Dating?
Tracee Ellis Ross is not married yet and she is still single. She is regarded as one of the talented and good-looking actresses. She prefers people to focus on her work rather than her personal life. There is no record of her marriage and divorce till now. She has not clarified her married life, affair, and husband till the present time. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, she was in a relationship with Henry Simmons in 2005, Chris Webber in 2007, DeRay Davis in 2014, Nas, Kayne West. Most recently, she was seen with Bu Thiam who is Akon's brother. They dated for around two years before ending their relationship in an acrimonious way in 2013. It was reported that he was jealous of her still being hung up on Kanye West and he had even assaulted her in a fit of rage.
What is Tracee Ellis Ross Height?
Tracee Ellis Ross is a beautiful and charming lady standing at a tall height of 5 feet 7 inches. Her body weight consists of around 125 lbs. She has black hair and brown eyes. Her body measurement is 34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm. She has curly hair and she has a mole on the side of her left eye. Her dress size is 8 (US) or 40 (EU) and her shoe size is 8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU).
Trivias About Tracee Ellis Ross You Need To Know.
- After graduating from college, she worked as an editor and fashion contributor for the leading magazine such as Mirabella and New Yorker.
- She has tried her hand at the motivational speaking circuit and has hosted a workshop called Tapping Into Your Creative Well.
- She has been an active supporter of the social service programs such as Aviva Family and Children Services in Los Angeles.
- For her social and volunteer work, she was declared the “Volunteer of the Year” by the Los Angeles Urban League.