Travis Tritt - Bio, Travis, Net Worth, Wife, Daughter, Country Star, Accident, Bus, Tour Bus, Dead, Fatal, Wreck, Songs, Tour, Age, Height, Weight
An American-born country musician, singer-songwriter, and actor, Travis Tritt is one of the leading new country singers of the early 90s, having 40 titles on the "Billboard Hot Country Songs" charts. Tritt is one of the best-selling country music artists of the 90s. Travis is a two-time Grammy Award winner and has topped the number one spot five times with 4 CMA awards.
What is Travis Tritt Famous For?
- Tritt is famous as the early 90s leading country singer with a gusty & outlaw image and having the hit platinum albums.
When was Tritt born?
Travis Tritt was born on February 9, 1963, in Marietta, Georgia, USA. His birth name was James Travis Tritt. Travis was born to James Tritt(father) and Gwen Tritt(mother). His parents however divorced but again remarried when Travis was 18.
Tritt's father thought that Tritt would not find success as a musician, while his mother thought that he should perform Christian music instead of country.
He has a sister named Sheila Tritt.
How was Travis Tritt's Early Life?
The leading country singer Travis Tritt's nationality is American and Aquarius is his zodiac sign. He was raised in Georgia, USA.
He first took interest in singing when he performed in a children’s choir at a church at an early age. He taught himself to play the guitar when he got one at age 8.
Tritt started writing his own songs when he was a teenager and wanted to become a country singer like his idols Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Hank Williams Jr.
Tritt attended the Sprayberry High School. While he was growing up, Tritt worked at places like a furniture store, supermarket and an air conditioning company. He lived with his mother after she and his father divorced.
He was also making music with a small band and playing at the local clubs. His father did not support him to be a musician while his mother wanted him to perform Christian music instead of country.
With the help of Warner Bros, he started recording demos; they put together a demo called ‘Proud of the Country’ and sent it to Warner Bros in LA. They signed him in 1987.
How was Tritt's Career?
- Tritt signed a contract with Warner Bros where he was meant to record six songs. He released his first album, ‘Country Club’, on August 7, 1989. The title track broke into the country Top 10 songs and other singles like, ‘Help Me Hold On’ and ‘I’m Going to Be Somebody’ also topped the "Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts. All four of its singles reached the top five: "The Whiskey Ain't Working" went to number one on Radio & Records.
- Tritt signed on Ken Kragen as his manager and since Kragen knew a lot of people in the Nashville circuit, it gave a boost to his career. In 1991, ‘It’s All About to Change’ came out and the album went on to become his best-selling, with a triple-platinum certification from the RIAA for shipments of three million copies.
- In 1992, he released the second double-platinum certified album of his life, ‘T-R-O-U-B-L-E’. Its hit singles like ‘Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man’ and ‘Can I Trust You with My Heart’ peaked at Billboard charts.
- He could not reprise the same success again throughout the rest of the 1990s with his albums like, ‘Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof (1994)’, ‘The Restless Kind (1996)’, ‘No More Looking Over My Shoulder (1998)’, etc. The albums were mediocre hits.
- He also had music albums: "Tell Me I Was Dreaming", "Foolish Pride", "Between an Old Memory and Me", and 1995's "Greatest Hits: From The Beginning" which got certified as platinum. He also has been a member of the "Grand Ole Opry" since 1992.
- In 1996, Tritt charted number 3 with "More Than You'll Ever Know", "The Restless Kind", "Here's Your Sign", "Still in Love with You", "She's Going Home with Me", and "Helping Me Get Over You".
- Tritt left Warner Bros. and signed to Columbia Records and released the album ‘Down the Road I Go’ in 2000. It’s single ‘Best of Intentions’ was his fifth and final number one on the Billboard. After releasing ‘Strong Enough (2002) and ‘My Honky Tonk History (2004)’ under Columbia Records, Tritt moved on to Category 5 Records because of creative differences.
- He released an R&B, soul and blues-infused album, ‘The Storm’ in 2010 under his own record label Post-Oak Records.
Tritt made his first acting debut in 1993 made-for-television movie "Rio Diablo". In 1994, Tritt made a special appearance as a bull rider in the movie "The Cowboy Way", and a year later in 1996, he appeared in "Tales from the Crypt".
He also starred as a guest role on "Yes, Dear" and the following year he was seen in "Sgt. Bilko". He also appeared in "Fire Down Below" (1997), "Outlaw Justice" (1999), "Blues Brothers"(2000) and "Fishers of Men" (2010).
How is Travis Tritt in Personal Life?
On September 1982, Tritt at the age of 19 married his high school sweetheart, Karen Ryon, and moved into an apartment with her. They stayed together for two years but divorced two years later. After going to court, Tritt was ordered to pay alimony to Karen for six months.
In 1984, when Travis was 21, he married a woman named Jodi Barnett, who was 33 at the time. He divorced her shortly in 1989 after signing with Warner Bros.: the divorce finalized one month before "Country Club" was released.
Tritt is now happily married Theresa Nelson on April 12, 1997. They are blessed with two sons: Tristan James (June 16, 1999) and Tarian Nathaniel (November 20, 2003), and one daughter, Tyler Reese (February 18, 1998).
On May 18, 2019, he was in his motor coach and was involved in a motor vehicle accident which took the lives of two people driving the wrong way "on Veteran’s Highway"
How much is Travis Net Worth?
Throughout his long-running music career, Travis Tritt has released numerous studio albums, compilation albums as well as live albums. With several of his albums have attained multi-platinum status, Tritt is undoubtedly one of the bestselling recording artists of his generation.
He has also embarked on several highly successful tours and has enjoyed a number of juicy endorsement deals. Currently, he has an estimated net worth of $35 million.
How Tall is Travis Tritt?
Travis Tritt has an average body build. He stands at a height of 5ft. 10inch. with the bodyweight of 85 kilos. He has a fair complexion with a circle beard around his face. He has green eyes with light brown hair.
Awards and Achievements
- In 1990, he won the "Top New Male Artist" award from Billboard.
- In 1992, he won "Vocal Event of the Year" for "This One's Gonna Hurt You".
- In 1992, he was awarded Grammy Awards for "Best Country Collaboration with Vocals" for "The Whiskey Ain't Workin'".
- In 1993, he won Country Music Association "Vocal Event of the Year" for "I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair".
- In 1996, He won "Vocal Event of the Year" for "Honky Tonkin's What I Do Best".
- In 1999, he again won Grammy Awards for "Best Country Collaboration with Vocals" for "Same Old Train".