Trey Songz - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Wife, Real Name, Awards, Family, Nationality, Albums, Career, Salary, Parents, Siblings, Height, Wiki, Kids
Tremaine Aldon Neverson is an American singer and actor who is excellently known as Trey Songz. He released his debut album "I Gotta Make It" in 2005 which ranked at #20 on the Billboard 200 chart and his single "Neighbors Know My Name" hit #4 on the Hot R&B Hip Hop Chart in 2010. He released his first number one album, "Chapter V" in 2012, which debuted atop the Billboard 200. Similarly, Trey first appeared in the drama film "Queen of Media" for his role as DJ I.V as well as he guest-starred in the family drama television series "Lincoln Heights" as himself in an episode titled "Relative Unknown" in 2009. Songz has a huge fan base on his social media too as he has gained more than 13.2m followers with 2,516 posts on his Instagram and over 13.7m followers on his Twitter account. He also has a self-titled Youtube channel where he earned over 4.45M subscribers.
Basketball player Dylan Gonzalez accuses Trey Songz of rape
Trey Songz has been accused of raping the former University of Nevada, Las Vegas basketball player Dylan Gonzalez in Las Vegas. "With what seems like endlessly reoccurring news of the alleged sexual assaults committed by Trey Songz, I am forced to repeatedly relive in my mind, and suffer anew, the long-suppressed horror and unbearable PTSD of my rape by his very hands at a well known Las Vegas hotel," Gonzalez claimed on social media on Tuesday. Songz denied the accusations, with his rep telling TMZ, "Trey and his team are confident in the legal process and that there will be an abundance of exonerating information to come over the next few weeks."
"I want to send my love, strength, and hope to all who are victims of sexual assault and its fatal nature. You are not alone," Gonzalez's statement continued. "I stand with you and encourage all those who have suffered abuse to speak out and come forward. Suppression of our voices only emboldens our oppressors, and you cannot heal what you do not reveal." "At this time, I humbly request my privacy, consideration, and compassion while I fully commit to pursuing the best course of action and all of my legal options."
In November 2021, Page Six confirmed that Songz was involved in an investigation into a separate sexual assault that allegedly occurred in Las Vegas on the singer's 37th birthday. A rep for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department told us at the time that they received "a report of a sexual assault incident alleged to have occurred at a hotel in the 3700 block of South Las Vegas Boulevard," which matched the address of the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
- Being an American singer and actor.
- For his worldwide popular songs, "Na Na" and "Slow Motion".
Where is Trey Songz from?
Trey Songz was born on 28th November 1984, in Petersburg, Virginia, USA. His real name is Tremaine Aldon Neverson. He holds an American nationality and belongs to the Afro-American ethnicity of Cameroonian descent. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Trey has celebrated his 37th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Sagittarius. His biological father's name is Claude Neverson Jr. and his mother's name is April (Gholson) Tucker. He also has three siblings named Forrest Neverson, Nikki Neverson, Alex Neverson. His parents got divorced when he was still in his childhood. Then his mother married his stepfather when he was 7. His stepfather was a guy from the U.S. Army. So Trey spent the next 7 years as a military brat and followed his stepfather around as he went to different bases.
Talking about Trey's education, he attended and graduated from Petersburg High School located in his hometown in 2002.
What does Trey Songz do for a living?
- Trey Songz jumps off his career signing a recording contract with Atlantic Records in 2003. In 2004 before releasing his debut album,
- he released multiple mixtapes under the alias "Prince of Virginia". His debut album was "I Gotta Make It" released on 26th July 2005.
- In March 2005, his debut single, "Gotta Make It", featuring Twista, was released, and in mid-2006, he started work on a follow-up album to his debut with longtime collaborator Troy Taylor.
- Then in February 2007, his second album was preceded by the lead single, "Wonder Woman" was released as well as his second studio album, "Trey Day", was released on 2nd October 2007.
- On 31st August 2009, he released his third studio album, "Ready" which reached #3 on the Billboard 200, selling 131,000 copies in its first week.
- His fourth studio album, Passion, Pain & Pleasure, was released on 14th September 2010.
- Subsequently, he was cast in the film "Texas Chainsaw 3D" as Ryan in July 2011, the male lead role. The film was released on 4th January 2013.
- On 21st August 2012, his fifth studio album "Chapter V" was released by Atlantic Records as well as he released his sixth album "Trigga" on 1st July 2014 and it debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 105,000 copies.
- On 24th March 2017, he launched his seventh studio album "Tremaine The Album" and on 28th November 2018, Songz released two surprise mixtapes 11 and 28 in celebration of his 34th birthday.
- As well, he was seen as Professor Lombardo in 2019, film "Sex Crimes".
- Moreover, Trey released "Back Home" featuring Summer Walker on 29th April 2020 and he also released "2020 Riots: How Many Times".
- On 14th August of the following year, Songz released the second single "Circles".
- His eighth album, Back Home, was released on 9th October 2020.
Trey Songz was arrested in Kansas City, Missouri on 24th January 2021, while attending the conference championship game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills. He was being heckled by fans, and he asked them to "chill out". An officer came over, and from sources and a video released by TMZ, an altercation ensued. This altercation led to Songz being arrested, and charges of trespassing, resisting arrest, both misdemeanors, and assaulting a police officer, a felony. He was released from custody the next day.
The Kansas City Police Department released the security video from their section, which showed that the police warned Songz and his entourage several times during multiple encounters with security and police, eventually resulting in Songz being escorted out of the seating area, at which point he threw the first punch at the police officer.
Awards and Achievements
- Trey Songz is one of the talented and successful singers of America.
- He has a number of Accolades in his music journey.
- The most important thing is that he was a three-time "Grammy Award" Nomination singer in 2009, 2010, and 2013 but he failed to win Award.
- In mid-2008, Songz was nominated for a BET Award for Best Male R&B Artist but did not win the award.
- In 2010 he won the BET Award for Best Male R&B Artist. The same year he won Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Artist Male.
- In 2010 he won his second Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Artist Male
Who is Trey Songz Wife?
Trey Songz is a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Caro Colon. Despite being married, he has always kept his marital status hidden from the public. But, in the year 2020, Colon's identity was revealed and just a year after that, she gave birth to a baby boy, Noah Neverson. While talking about the past relationship, Trey has dated a number of girls from 2007 to 2019. However, Trey has remained loyal to his wife, Colon and we are unaware of his previous ex relationships. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Trey Songz Net worth?
Trey Songz is one of the Richest Black artists in the USA. He has a net worth of $12 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is also in millions of dollars per year. He has sold over 25 million records worldwide in singles and albums earning millions of dollars. His endorsements make him approximately $300,000 a year. Trey is said to make about 1.7 million a year, depending on his record sales, tours, and acting jobs for that year. In addition, his major source of income is from his singing and acting career.
What is the Height of Trey Songz?
Trey Songz stands at a tall height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs 87 kg. His hair color is black and his eye color is Dark Brown. Trey's body measurement is 45-33-16 inches and his body build type is athletic. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile and a glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. He has also inked some tattoos on his body. Songz announced on 5th October 2020 that he had tested positive for COVID-19.
Trivias About Trey Songz You Need To Know.
- Trey's friends and family recognized his singing ability and coaxed him out of his shy shell.
- He was discovered during a 2000 talent show.
- His single "Neighbors Know My Name" hit #4 on the Hot R&B Hip Hop Chart in 2010.
- He performed as Jay-Z's opening act for the Jay-Z Fall Tour in 2009.
- He released his debut album I Gotta Make It in 2005 and it ranked at #20 on the Billboard 200 chart.