Facts About Tyler Lockett
|Celebrated Name||Tyler Lockett|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Rocket|
|Birth Name||Tyler Deron Lockett|
|Place Of Birth||Tulsa, Oklahoma|
|High School||Booker T. Washington High School|
|School||Barnard Elementary, Carver Middle School|
|University||Kansas State University|
|Net Worth||$11 Million|
|Source of Wealth||NFL Career|
|Salary||$17.3 Million Annually|
|Current Team||Seattle Seahawks|
Tyler Lockett is an American NFL footballer who is playing in the position of wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks. He was drafted by the Seahawks in the third round of the 2015 NFL Draft. Previously, he played college football at Kansas State University where he totaled 6,586 career all-purpose yards and 35 touchdowns, including 3,710 yards and 29 touchdowns as a receiver. In his freshman and senior seasons, he was a Consensus All-American. He attended Booker T. Washington High School in Oklahoma, where he led the football team to its first OSSAA title in 24 years. He was selected to the 2015 Pro Football Writers Association (PFWA) NFL All-Rookie Team at three positions. He is the son of a professional former football player, Kevin Lockett. Whereas his uncle, Aaron played at Kansas State from 1998 to 2001. On 29th August 2018, he signed a three-year, $31.8 million contract extension with the Seahawks through the 2021 season, and on 2nd April 2021, he signed a four-year, $69.2 million contract extension with $37 million guaranteed with the Seahawks. He has a nickname, 'The Rocket'. His jersey number is #16.
What is Tyler Lockett Famous For?
- Being an American NFL Footballer.
- Playing as a Wide Receiver for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Being the son of Kevin Lockett, the former American football wider receiver and punt returner in the National Football League for the Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars, and New York Jets.
Where is Tyler Lockett From? Details About His Age, Birthday, Family
Tyler Lockett was born on 28th September 1992 with the birth name of Tyler Deron Lockett. His place of birth is in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the USA. He was born to his father, Kevin Lockett, and his mother, Nicole Edwards. His dad, Kevin is a former American football wide receiver and punt returner in the National Football League for the Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars, and New York Jets. His uncle, Aaron, who played at Kansas State from 1998 to 2001, was their fourth all-time leading receiver as well as their second all-time leading punt returner. He also has three siblings, brothers named Sterling, Jacob, and Jordan Lockett. His paternal grandparents are John and Beatrice Lockett and his maternal grandparents are Marvin D. Hopson and Shirley Edwards. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-African. His race is black. Tyler was born under the Zodiac sign, Libra and he follows Christianity religion. He celebrated his 29th birthday as of 2021 with his family.
About his education, Tyler Lockett attended Barnard Elementary, Carver Middle School, and then Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa. He was involved in the sports like football, basketball, and track and field during his school time. He helped lead the Booker T. Washington Hornets to Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association (OSSAA) championships in both football and basketball. He was regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com and was ranked as the number 16 player in the state of Oklahoma and the No. 170 nationally by ESPN.com. He then received an athletic scholarship to attend Kansas State University and played for the Kansas State Wildcats football team from 2011 to 2014.
What team is Tyler Lockett in 2021?
- Tyler Lockett played as a true freshman in the 2011 season for Kansas State University. He earned numerous Big 12 Conference honors for the 2011 team becoming a two-time Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week.
- He didn't play in the final three games of Kansas State's regular season due to an undisclosed injury.
- During his freshman year, he averaged 35.19 yards per return (16 returns for 563 yards). He also picked up numerous All-Freshman honors from Sporting News, Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), CBS Sports, Rivals.com (2nd team), and College Football News (honorable mention, WR). Moreover, he was a first-team All-American selection by Sporting News and the Walter Camp Football Foundation and a second-team All-American selection by CBS Sports and Sports Illustrated.
- He entered the Sophomore season in 2012 where he posted his third career kickoff return touchdown against North Texas, by returning a first-quarter kickoff 96 yards on 15th September.
- He posted career highs in receptions (9), receiving yards (194), and receiving touchdowns (2) against West Virginia on 20th October.
- On 30th August, he opened the season with 7 receptions for 113 yards, including a 56-yard touchdown pass, against North Dakota State.
- He had 10 receptions for 116 yards and 3 touchdowns against Michigan in the December 28, 2013, Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
- He entered his 2014 senior season as a preseason All-Big 12 selection.
- He posted two 50-plus-yard punt returns including a 58-yard touchdown against UTEP on 27th September.
- He finished his college career with 249 receptions for 3,710 yards and 29 touchdowns as a receiver; 77 kickoff returns for 2,196 yards and 4 touchdowns; 32 punt returns for 488 yards and 2 touchdowns; and 22 rushes for 192 yards as well as 6 career tackles.
- Then, Tyler Lockett was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the third round (69th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
- During his very first NFL appearance, he played against the Denver Broncos where he had a 103-yard kickoff for a touchdown.
- Then, he returned a 57-yard punt for a touchdown on his first career return, against the St. Louis Rams in his NFL regular-season debut.
- He posted his first career touchdown reception on Thursday Night Football against the San Francisco 49ers on October 22, 2015.
- During the 2016 Pro Bowl, he made one catch for 10 yards and returned one punt for 24 yards.
- He finished the 2016 season with 41 catches for 597 yards and a touchdown.
- Later, he suffered a fracture to his right tibia and fibula while making a 28-yard catch in a Week 16 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Then, he had surgery later that night and was placed on injured reserve on December 27, 2016.
- Lockett finished the 2017 season with 45 receptions for 555 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns to go along with 37 kick returns for 949 net return yards and one kick return touchdown.
- Then, he signed a three-year, $31.8 million contract extension with the Seahawks through the 2021 season on 29th August 2018.
- During his first three games of the season, he totaled 12 receptions for 196 receiving yards.
- He finished the season as the Seahawks leading receiver with 57 receptions for 965 yards and 10 touchdowns, all career highs.
- In the Wild Card Round of the 2018–19 NFL playoffs against the Dallas Cowboys, Lockett had four catches for 120 yards in the 24-22 loss.
- He finished the 2019 season with 82 receptions for 1,057 receiving yards and eight receiving touchdowns.
- He caught nine passes for 136 yards and a touchdown during the 28–23 loss against the Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.
- On 17th January 2020, he was named to the Pro Bowl as an alternate.
- During Sunday Night Football against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 7, he finished with a career-high of 15 receptions for 200 receiving yards and three touchdowns which was his first single game with at least 200 receiving yards. However, the Seahawks lost in overtime 34–37.
- On 2nd April 2021, he signed a four-year, $69.2 million contract extension with $37 million guaranteed with the Seahawks.
Awards and Achievements
- First-team All-Pro (2015)
- 2× Second-team All-Pro (2016, 2017)
- Pro Bowl (2015)
- PFWA All-Rookie Team (2015)
- Jet Award (2014)
- 2× Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Year (2013–2014)
- 2× First-team All-American 2014)
- 2× First-team All-Big 12 (2013–2014)
- Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (2011)
- Second-team All-Big 12 (2011)
NFL Career Stats 2021
- Receptions: 396
- Receiving yards: 5,225
- Rushing yards: 256
- Return yards: 4,256
- Total touchdowns: 44
Tyler Lockett Personal Life: Who is his Girlfriend?
Tyler Lockett is not married yet and he is currently in a relationship. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Lauren Jackson. Lauren Jackson is originally from Houston, Texas who graduated in 2019, from Texas State University with a Bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising. She has done some modeling for Ashley Dunn and FMA; later on, worked as a sales associate for Forever 21, was an administrative assistant at Texas State, and is a key holder for Michael Kors. There is no news and rumors about his relationship, affairs, dating history besides Lauren Jackson. Along with his relationship, he also balanced his football career. He has chosen to abstain until marriage. The love bird is enjoying their present life a lot at present and they are planning to get married soon. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Tyler Lockett Annual Salary: How much is his Net Worth?
Tyler Lockett is an NFL footballer who currently plays position WR for Seattle Seahawks in the National Football League, the senior football league in the United States. The net worth of Tyler Lockett is estimated to have $11 Million as of 2021. His net worth is incresting gradually every year as his net worth as of 2020 was $10 Million and his net worth as of 2019 was $8 Million. Recently on 2nd April 2021, he signed a four-year, $69.2 million contract extension, which includes $37 million guaranteed. His annual salary as of 2021 is $17.3 Million. Back then, he signed a three-year, $31.8 million contract extension with the Seahawks through the 2021 season. Prior to his recent contract, he was earning $10,250,000 as an annual salary from his team Seattle Seahawks. He is living a lavish lifestyle as of today and he has made a huge fortune from his NFL career. His main source of wealth comes from his football career.
How tall is Tyler Lockett and how much does he weigh?
Tyler Lockett is a handsome man with an athletic body type. He stands tall at the perfect height of 1.78 m or 5 ft 10 in. His body weight consists of 83 Kg or 182 lbs. His other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, biceps size, and more are still to get disclosed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he frequently does exercise to keep himself fit and fine. He is very conscious about his food intake.
Trivias About Tyler Lockett You Need To Know.
- One of Tyler Lockett's hobbies is writing poems, and he published a book of poems called "Reflection" in 2019.
- His playing position is Wide Receiver.
- He is currently playing for the NFL team, Seattle Seahawks.
- He is the son of professional former football player, Kevin Lockett.
- He also has three sibing, brothers named Sterling, Jacob and Jordan Lockett.