Facts About Tyrese Gibson
|Celebrated Name||Tyrese Gibson|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Black- Ty|
|Birth Name||Tyrese Darnell Gibson|
|Profession||Singer , Author , Songwriter|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Watts, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Education||Florida A&M University|
|Spouse||Norma Mitchell (M. 2007; Div. 2009) and Samantha Lee (M. 2017-Present)|
|Mother||Priscilla Murray Gibson|
|Height||5 feet 11¼ inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Tyrese Gibson is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, actor, model, VJ, and screenwriter. He has contributed to the music world, film and TV industry for which he has earned awards like American Music Awards, NAACP Image Awards, Soul Train Music Awards and many more. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Tyrese Gibson famous for?
- An American singer, songwriter, author, rapper, actor, model, VJ, and screenwriter.
- His role as Roman Pearce in The Fast and the Furious franchise.
Where is Tyrese Gibson from?
Recalling his early life, Tyrese was born in Watts, Los Angeles, California, the U.S. to his parents Priscilla Murray Gibson and Tyrone Gibson in the year 1978. He grew up with his three siblings named Tyrone, Salendra, and Shonta Gibson. Similarly, he holds American citizenship and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. His birth sign is Capricorn.
Talking about his childhood, he had a difficult childhood as his father left them in 1983. He often said that he went to school most of the days so that he could eat. He completes his schooling from Florida A&M University. The love for music started to blossom in him during his school days at Locke High School.
When did Tyrese Gibson begin his career?
- Moving towards his career, Tyrese appeared in a Coca-Cola commercial after being chosen at a talent competition at the age of 14. He sang ‘Always Coca-Cola’ in the commercial which led to more opportunities. He was also involved in ‘Guess’ and ‘Tommy Hilfiger’ ad campaigns.
- His first singing contract was with ‘RCA Records’, with whom he signed in early 1998. He released ‘Nobody Else’, his first single from his self-titled studio album on August 4th, 1998. The song was reached the #36 spot on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100’ chart.
- The album itself, released on September 29th, 1998, was certified Platinum on March 30th, 1999, by RIAA. ‘Sweet Lady’, another single from the album, brought him his first Grammy nomination.
- He also began his TV acting career around this time. After appearing on ‘Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper’, he got multiple guest roles on TV shows like ‘Martin’, ‘The Parent Hood’, and ‘Moesha’. He played the supporting role of Mad Rage /Skip in the TV movie ‘Love Song’, before making the transition to the big screen.
- In 2001, he starred in the coming-of-age film ‘Baby Boy’. A critical and commercial hit, the film marked the cinematic debut of Gibson and Taraji P. Henson.
- He released his second studio album titled ‘2000 Watts’ on May 22, 2001. With 59 minutes of length and 15 tracks, the album has sold over 500,000 copies.
- After ‘Sony BMG’, which is the parent company of ‘RCA Records’, fully acquired ‘J Records’, Tyrese released his third album, ‘I Wanna Go There’, through ‘J’ in 2002. ‘How You Gonna Act Like That’, a single from the album, reached the #3 spot on the ‘US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks’ chart.
- He released his first double album ‘Alter Ego’ on December 12th, 2006. He used a new pseudonym ‘Black-Ty’ to record the hip-hop songs which were solely featured on the disc two of the album, while his R&B songs were put on the disc one.
- He has made three mixtapes to date. They are ‘Best of Both Hoodz, Vol. 1’ (2006), ‘Ghetto Royalty’ (2006), and ‘Invisible Bully: The Last Tapes’ (2012); all self-released exclusively through digital download.
- He put out his fifth album ‘Open Invitation’ under his label ‘Voltron Recordz’ on November 1st, 2011. He received his third Grammy nomination for the album.
- In 2007, He had formed the supergroup ‘TGT’ along with Ginuwine and Tank. It wasn’t until 2013 that they released their first album through ‘Atlantic Records’, titled ‘Three Kings’.
- On July 10th, 2015, he released his latest album ‘Black Rose’, distributed by ‘Caroline Records’. It topped both ‘US Billboard Hot 200’ and the ‘Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums’ charts. The second single from the album, ‘Shame’, received two Grammy nominations for ‘Best Traditional R&B Performance’ and ‘Best R&B Song’.
- Besides music, He did four films, ‘Flight of the Phoenix’, ‘Four Brothers’, ‘Annapolis’, and ‘Waist Deep’, playing the male lead in the last one from 2004 to 2006,
- Besides starring in blockbusters from the ‘Transformers (2007)' and ‘Fast and Furious’ movie franchises. He also worked in stand-alone features like Paul Bettany-starred ‘Legion (2010)’, Kasi Lemmons’ directorial venture ‘Black Nativity (2013)’, and the Chinese-American-Hong Kong action comedy ‘Hollywood Adventures (2015)'. He portrays the recurring character of Pastor Bobby Harris in Fox’s musical drama ‘Star (2017)’.
- His upcoming film projects are Morbius and F9 which is in the post-production phase at the moment. It was scheduled to release in 2021.
Who is Tyrese Gibson married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Tyrese was married to Norma Mitchell in 2007 and the couple had one child named Shayla together. Sadly, the couple got divorced in 2009. As per the court papers, he spends $107,00 in expenses every month to her. He also alleged that he has just $900,000 in the bank and $1.7 million worth of real estate assets.
He then married Samantha Lee on February 14th, 2017. Also, the couple blessed a daughter in 2018. Presently, the couple lives blissful life without rumors of separation or divorce.
How much is Tyrese Gibson worth?
Being a music and film personality, Tyrese earned a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to $10 million. However, his long custody battle and marriage break up has affected his net worth. Currently, he is said to have a net worth $3 million including his endorsements. He earned around $650 Thousand from the endorsements in which he featured.
How tall is Tyrese Gibson?
Observing his body statistics, Tyrese stands a height of 5 feet 11¼ inches and weighs around 78 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and his hair is Bald. He used 11 (US) shoe sizes. His further body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Tyrese Gibson You Need To Know.
- Bears a striking resemblance to St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame pitcher, Bob Gibson.
- Friends with Joseph Simmons, 50 Cent, Brandy Norwood, Ginuwine, John Singleton, Larenz Tate, Meagan Good, Dr. Dre, and Will Smith.
- Voted the 4th in the poll conducted by In Touch Weekly on the Sexiest Guy of Summer 2007.
- Once was a member of an underground rap group called Triple Impact.