Last updated on November 17th, 2021 at 11:10 am
Facts About Tyrone Mings
|Celebrated Name||Tyrone Mings|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Tyrone Deon Mings|
|Place Of Birth||Bath, England|
|Famous For||Being an English professional footballer.|
|Best Known For||For playing as a centre-back for Premier League club Aston Villa and the England national team.|
|Awards||EFL Championship play-offs: 2019 EFL Cup runner-up: 2019-2020|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||8 million Euro|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Current Team||Aston Villa|
Tyrone Deon Mings is an English professional football player who plays for Premier League club Aston Villa and the England national team as a centre-back. He started playing football for the youth team of Southampton in 2001 and was released in 2009 when the youth budget was axed. He has previously played for Yate Town, Chippenham Town, Ipswich Town, and AFC Bournemouth. Currently, he is playing for Aston Villa.
On the international level, he has represented England at the senior level. He made his international debut for England on 14 October 2019. In June 2021, he was selected for the England squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
Newcastle United Head Coach, Eddie Howe's respect for Tyrone Mings amid Newcastle Transfer Link
Rumors have emerged linking the Aston Villa captain with a move to the North East where he would be reunited with his ex-Bournemouth head coach. He played under recently-appointed Magpies boss Eddie Howe at Bournemouth before moving to Villa in 2019. It was ultimately a relationship between the manager and player that soured towards the end as Mings was unhappy with the amount of game time he was getting. Towards the end of their three-and-a-half years together, Mings struggled to regular game time, with Nathan Ake being preferred in the heart of the Cherries' defense at the time. Despite rumors that the pair fell out on the South coast, Howe is a big admirer of Mings and sang his praises when he was first called up to the England squad just over two years ago. "I don't think it was a surprise," he told Sky Sports in August 2019. "I spoke earlier before our game against Aston Villa that for me he's got every attribute needed to play for his country. "I'm really, really pleased for him on a personal level. Seeing how hard he worked here, coming back from the various injuries he had - fantastic attitude at all times to come back and achieve". "Very sad from our perspective that it's not for us and it's for another club, but that's how it is. I'm just really pleased for him on a personal level knowing how hard he's worked to get there."
What is Tyrone Mings Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won the 2019 EFL Championship play-offs with Aston Villa.
Where is Tyrone Mings From?
Tyrone Deon Mings was born on 13 March 1993. His birthplace is Bath, England. He was born to his father, Adie Mings, and his mother, Dawn Johnson. He grew up with his three sisters. His father, Adie Mings, was a former striker with non-League Bath City and Gloucester City who currently works as a scout for Chelsea. He attended Millfield School. He holds both British and Barbadian nationality. He belongs to mixed ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Pisces.
Tyrone Mings Club Career
- He started playing football for the youth team of Southampton in 2001 and was released in 2009 when the youth budget was axed.
- In June 2010, he signed for the non-League club Yate Town in Gloucestershire.
- In the summer of 2012, he signed for Southern League Premier Division club Chippenham Town, representing the town he grew up in.
- On 13 December 2012, he signed for Ipswich Town after a short trial for a fee of £10,000 and an agreement for Ipswich to play a pre-season friendly game against Chippenham. He made his debut for the club on 4 May 2013 on the last day of the 2012-13 season in a 2-0 loss against Burnley.
- During his 2013-14 season, he made 18 appearances for the club, making 6 starts and 12 substitute appearances in all the competitions.
- During his 2014-15 season, he was handed the number 3 shirt. Because of this, he offered to purchase new shirts for two fans who had bought shirts with his old number 15 printed on the back. On 20 September 2014, he signed a new three-year contract with Ipswich. He started the season as the starting left-back, starting on the season's opening day in a 2-1 win against Fulham. On 10 October 2014, he won the Championship Player of the Month award for September. On 24 February 2015, he scored his first goal for the club in a 4-2 home win over Birmingham City at Portman Road. During that season, he made 44 appearances for the club, scoring once and providing 6 assists in all the competitions as he helped Ipswich Town to reach the Championship play-offs.
- On 26 June 2015, he signed for newly-promoted Premier League club AFC on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £8 million. He made his Premier League debut for Bournemouth on 29 August 2015 in a 1-1 draw with Leicester City where he suffered a knee injury six minutes after coming on as a half-time substitute. On 3 September 2015, it was confirmed that his injury would mean that he would be sidelined for between 9 and 12 months. During his 2015-16 season, due to his injury, he was out for the rest of the season where he made only 2 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- On 7 January 2017, he made his comeback in a 3-0 defeat to Millwall in the FA Cup third round. On 8 March 2017, he was banned by the FA for five matches following an alleged stamp on Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a match against Manchester United on the previous weekend. During his 2016-17 season, he made 9 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- During his 2017-18 season, due to his back injury, he managed to make only 5 appearances for the club in all the competitions.
- On 31 January 2019, he joined Aston Villa on loan for the rest of the season. He made his Villa debut on 2 February 2019 in a 0-0 draw against Reading. On 8 February 2019, he scored his first goal for the club in a 3-3 draw against Sheffield United. On 27 May 2019, he played in the 2018-19 Championship Play-off Final where he helped Villa to defeat Derby County by 2-1 and gain promotion to the Premier League. During his 2018-19 season, he made 18 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals and providing 1 assist in all the competitions as he helped Aston Villa to gain promotion to the Premier League.
- On 8 July 2019, he permanently signed for Aston Villa for the fee was believe to be an initial £20 million, with add-ons that could total £25 million. During his 2019-20 season, he made 36 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals and providing 3 assists in all the competitions.
- On 21 September 2020, he signed a new four-year contract with Aston Villa. During his 2020-21 season, he made 37 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals and providing 2 assists in all the competitions.
Tyrone Mings International Career
- He holds both British and Barbadian nationality.
- Being eligible for England, he was also eligible for Barbados through his paternal grandparents.
- He has represented England at the senior level.
- He made his international debut for England on 14 October 2019 in a 0-6 away win to Bulgaria in the 2020 Euro qualifiers.
- In June 2021, he was selected for the England squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- On 13 June 2021, he started the opening group match of the tournament, helping England keep a clean sheet in a 1-0 win against Croatia at Wembley.
- On 18 June 2021, he also started in a 0-0 draw against Scotland and again helped England keep a clean sheet.
- On 22 June 2021, he came on as a second-half substitute in the final group match in a 1-0 win against the Czech Republic as England finished top of Group D, qualifying for the knockout stages as a result.
Tyrone Mings Girlfriend
Looking at his personal life, he is not married. The footballer is focusing on his professional career. He might be dating a beautiful girl at present or might be single. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
Tyrone Mings Height and Weight
Tyrone Mings stands at a height of 1.96m i.e. 6 feet and 5 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 80kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Tyrone Mings Net Worth and Salary
Tyrone Mings earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is €8 million and his salary is £3.4 million. His market value is around €30 million.
Trivias About Tyrone Mings You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 8.
- He wears shirt number 5 for Aston Villa.
- His father, Adie Mings, was a former striker with non-League Bath City and Gloucester City who currently works as a scout for Chelsea.
- He holds both British and Barbadian nationality.
- Being eligible for England, he was also eligible for Barbados through his paternal grandparents. His father Adie turned down a call-up from Barbados during his own playing career.