Facts About Ulrika Jonsson
|Celebrated Name||Ulrika Jonsson|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ulrika Jonsson|
|Birth Name||Eva Ulrika Jonsson|
|Profession||Swedish-British television presenter , Television Presenter|
|Place Of Birth||Sollentuna, Stockholms, Sweden|
|Nationality||Swedish and British|
|Grand Parents||Folke Jonsson|
|Education||Burnham Grammar School, Secretarial College|
|Husband||John Turnbull (1990-1995), Lance Gerrard-Wright (2003-2006),Brian Monet (2008-2019)|
|Children||Cameron Oskar George Turnbull, Bo Eva Coeur Jonsson, Martha Sky Hope Gerrard-Wright, Malcolm Charles Trip Monet|
|Height||1.71m (5 feet and 7 inches)|
|Weight||58kg (128 lbs.)|
|Net Worth||$5 million (estimated)|
|Source of Wealth||TV presenter, actress, & model|
Ulrika Jonsson is a Swedish-British television presenter, actress, and model. She is known as a weather presenter on Good Morning Britain on TV-am. She has presented different shows such as "Gladiators", "Who's Bluffing Who?", "Home on Their Own", "Eurovision Song Contest", etc. Also, she was a team captain on the BBC TV quiz show "Shooting Stars". In 2009, she won the sixth series of "Celebrity Big Brother". She reached the final of "Celebrity MasterChef" in 2017.
She is also active on social media platforms with over 134k followers on Instagram @ulrikajonssonofficial.
What is Ulrika Jonsson famous for?
- Famous as the winner of the sixth series of "Celebrity Big Brother".
- Reaching the final of "Celebrity MasterChef".
Where is Ulrika Jonsson from?
Ulrika Jonsson was born in Sollentuna, Stockholms, Sweden on August 16, 1976. Her birth name is Eva Ulrika Jonsson. She was born to her father, Bo Jonsson, and mother, Gun Brodie. She is the granddaughter of the famous Swedish opera-singer, Folke Jonsson. Her parents divorced when she was too young and she emigrated to England with her mother in 1979. She has a sister named Linda.
She holds both Swedish and British nationality and belongs to Swedish ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding her education, she attended the Burnham Grammar School. She then enrolled at Secretarial College.
Ulrika Jonsson Career Highlights
- Initially in her career, Ulrika Jonsson worked as a secretary.
- In 1989, Ulrika Jonsson began her television career as a weather presenter on Good Morning Britain on TV-am.
- On September 12, 1989, she became the weather presenter for Swedish TV3, broadcasting from London.
- In 1991, she co-presented BBC One's short-lived daytime quiz show, "Who's Bluffing Who?" with Richard Cartridge.
- In the same year, she also starred in the French film, "The Annunciation of Marie".
- In 1992, she moved into mainstream presenting shows including ITV's "Gladiators", and "The National Lottery Draws".
- She also modeled for Playtex Lingerie during this period and was a team captain on the BBC TV quiz show "Shooting Stars".
- In 1997, she interviewed the then British Prime Minister, John Major for the BBC 2 program, "The Enormous Election".
- In 1998, She interviewed the then Chancellor of the Exchequer, Gordon Brown for her program "Ulrika In Euroland".
- The same year, she presented "Eurovision Song Contest" alongside Sir Terry Wogan and she also co-hosted the Royal Variety Performance alongside Ronan Keating at the Lyceum Theatre in London later on that year.
- Following this, she co-hosted Miss World 1999 with Melanie Sykes at the Olympia Hall in London.
- Later on, she presented BBC One game show "Dog Eat Dog", which broadcast from April 2001 to November 2002.
- In 2002, Jonsson presented the first series of ITV makeover show "Home on Their Own" a show where children made alterations to their house (how they wanted the house to be) during the course of a weekend, while their parents went on holiday.
- In the same year, she was the subject of a Channel 4 documentary, "Ulrika Jonsson: the Ruth About Men". The program featured a candid interview with Jonsson, received heavy press attention, and attracted 2.8 million viewers.
- She has also hosted the "Miss Sweden" beauty pageant in 2002.
- In March 2003, Jonsson was a contestant on the BBC's "Comic Relief Does Fame Academy".
- In 2005, she appeared on Channel4's daytime show "Come Dine With Me".
- On 20 January 2007, she joined 10 other celebrities to take part in the ITV reality TV show "Dancing on Ice", where she was partnered with Pavel Aubrecht and finished at 9th position.
- On 20 March 2007, she appeared in the confessional TV show, "Ulrika: Am I a Sex Addict?". The same year, she has appeared on BBC One's "Would I Lie To You?".
- In January 2009, Jansson took part in Channel 4's "Celebrity Big Brother". Eventually, she won with 57% of the final on 23 January 2009.
- In March 2009, she appeared in the new ITV series "Piers Morgan's Lie Stories".
- In April 2009, it was confirmed that Jonsson would return to Shooting Stars as team captain for a full series airing later that year.
- She presented the new series of BingoLotto, in Virgin 1 every Sunday night at 7 pm which started on 13 September 2009.
- On August 24, 2010, Jonsson Once again entered the Big Brother house for "Ultimate Big Brother", where she reached the final and finishing seventh.
- Her debut novel, "The Importance of Being Myrtle", was published by the Penguin Group on September 1, 2011.
- In 2017, she reached the final of "Celebrity MasterChef".
- In 2019, she appeared on the dating show, "First Dates Hotel".
Who is Ulrika Jonsson's Husband?
Ulrika Jonsson has been married three times in her life. firstly, she married cameraman John Turnbull on September 29, 1990. The couple has a son named Cameron Oskar George Turnbull who was born in October 1994. They divorced in 1995.
Subsequently, she dated footballer Stan Collymore during 1998. After the end of her relationship with Collymore, she began dating German hotel manager Marcus Kampman. They share a child together, a daughter Bo Eva Coeur Jonsson who was born in November 2000. However, their relationship ended soon after the baby's birth.
She then had an affair with the manager of England's football team, Sven-Goran Eriksson during April 2002.
Thereafter, Ulrika met Lance Gerrard-Wright while presenting Mr. Right. The two began their relationship and eventually got married on August 9, 2003. The couple blessed with a daughter, Martha Sky Hope Gerrard-Wright on May 28, 2004. Sadly, they divorced in October 2006.
Ulrika married her third husband, American advertising executive Brian Monet on March 8, 2008. She gave birth to her 4th child a son named Malcolm Charles Trip Monet on June 7, 2008. In August 2014, her husband Brian Monet legally adopted her daughter Bo with the consent of her biological father. The couple separated in April 2019.
How tall is Ulrika Jonsson?
Ulrika Jonsson is a beautiful lady with a fair skin tone. She has an attractive slim body build. She stands at 1.71m (5 feet and 7 inches) tall and her body weighs around 58kg (128 lbs.). She has a pair of beautiful blue eyes and her hair color is blonde. However, her other body measurements are unavailable. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Ulrika Jonsson?
Ulrika Jonsson has earned a good amount of money from her profession as a TV presenter, actress, and model. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $5 million. However, her salary and other assets are unknown.
Trivias About Ulrika Jonsson You Need To Know.
- She worked as a secretary.
- In 2009, she won series 6 of "Celebrity Big Brother" with 57% of the final vote.
- She Emigrated to the UK in 1979.
- She published her debut novel "The Importance of Being Myrtle" by the Penguin Group on 1 September 2011.
- Her star sign is Leo.
- She is a Manchester United fan.