Facts About Ursula Andress
|Celebrated Name||Ursula Andress|
|Age||87 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ursula, Blonde Bombshell|
|Birth Name||Ursula Andress|
|Place Of Birth||Ostermundigen, Berne, Switzerland|
|Sisters||Erika Andress, Charlotte Andress, Gisela Andress, and Katey Andress|
|Debut Movie||Un americano a Roma (1954)|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Thriller (1962)|
|Awards Won||Golden Globe Award|
|Married Date||February 2, 1957|
|Boyfriend||Harry Hamlin, Fabio Testi, James Dean , Paulo Roberto Falcao|
|Height||1.65 m (5feet and 5 inches)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lbs.)|
|Net Worth||$30 million (estimated)|
|Bra Cup Size||36B|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Source of Wealth||Her acting career|
|Body Measurement||38-25-35 inches|
Ursula Andress is a Swiss-American actress and former model. She is best known for her breakthrough role as Bond girl Honey Ryder in the first James Bond film, Dr. No. She is also known as a sex symbol. She won the Golden Globe Award on the category of "New Star of the Year" for her appearance in the film "Dr. No" in 1964. She was also chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars in film history" in 1995.
Ursula Andress became a star in the 1960s to 1990s. She has starred in several films including Fun in Acapulco, She, The 10th Victim, Up to His Ears, The Blue Max, Casino Royale, The Sensuous Nurse, Once Before I Die, The Mountain of the Cannibal God, The Fifth Musketeer and Clash of the Titans.
What is Ursula Andress famous for?
- Her breakthrough role as Bond girl Honey Ryder in the first James Bond film, Dr. No.
Where was Ursula Andress born?
Ursula Andress was born in Ostermundigen, Berne, Switzerland on 19 March 1936. She was born to father, Rolf Andress who was a German diplomat and mother, Anna Andress who was a landscape gardener. She has a brother, Heinz Andress, and four sisters, Erika Andress, Charlotte Andress, Gisela Andress, and Katey Andress.
Ursula holds a Swiss nationality and belongs to a White ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
Regarding her education, she attended school in Bern till the age of sixteen. Later she moved to Paris and studied art for a year. Then, she went to Rome, Italy where she did several jobs which include being a nanny. She can speak several languages including French, German, and Italian.
Ursula Andress Career Highlights
- Ursula Andress made her film debut with an Italian movie "Un americano a Roma" in 1954. Later, she appeared in an Italian comedy-drama film, "The Sins of Casanova" in 1955.
- In 1962, she appeared in an episode of an American anthology television series "Thriller".
- Soon, she became internationally famous for her breakthrough role as Bond girl Honey Ryder in the first James Bond film, Dr. No in 1962. She won the "Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year" in 1964 for her appearance in the film.
- In 1963, she starred as the female lead in an American musical comedy film "Fun in Acapulco" along with Elvis Presley. In the same year, she also appeared in a comedy film "4 for Texas" alongside Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Anita Ekberg.
- She starred in a drama film, "Nightmare in the Sun" as Marsha Wilson alongside Derek in1965. She was also cast in the title role of playing an immortal queen in the film, "She".
- Ursula appeared as a supporting role in a French-American comedy film "What's New Pussycat?" in 1965 which was a huge hit. Later, she went to France to play Jean-Paul Belmondo's love interest in the adventure comedy film, "Up to His Ears" (1965), and also starred in the science fiction movie "The 10th Victim" (1965).
- In the following year, she returned to Hollywood to play George Peppard's love interest in the World War One film, "The Blue Max" and also appeared in a War drama film, "Once Before I Die".
- In 1967, she appeared in a British-American spy comedy film, "Casino Royale" as Vesper Lynd.
- She appeared alongside fellow former Bond girl Claudine Auger in an Italian comedy film, "Anyone Can Play" in 1968. She then went to Africa and starred in a British-French adventure comedy crime, "film The Southern Star" in 1969, which was a hit in England.
- In the 1970s, she starred in several films including Perfect Friday (1970), Red Sun (1971), Stateline Motel (1973), Loaded Guns (1974), Africa Express (1975), Sensuous Nurse (1975), The Loves and Times of Scaramouche (1976), Safari Express (1976), Slave of the Cannibal God (1978) and The Fifth Musketeer (1979).
- She portrayed Aphrodite in the film, "Clash of the Titans" in 1981 and Mabel Dodge in the adventure-drama film "Red Bells" in 1982.
- She made her guest appearance on TV shows like Manimal and The Love Boat in 1983.
- She has participated in the 1986 Emmy-winning miniseries, "Peter the Great", and also joined the cast of the primetime soap opera, "Falcon Crest" for a three-episode arc in 1988.
- She has also appeared in the TV film, "Big Man – The Diva" (1988) and "Man Against the Mob: The Chinatown Murders" (1989).
- In the 1990s, she starred in such films, Klassäzämekunft (1990), The Cave of the Golden Rose 3 (1993), The Cave of the Golden Rose 4 (1994) and Cremaster 5 (1995).
- In 2005, she appeared as Madonna in a low budget film, "Die Vogelpredigt oder Das Schreien der Mönche".
- In 2008, she appeared in the documentary "Masterpiece or Forgery? The Story of Elmyr De Hory".
Ursula Andress Awards and Achievements
Ursula Andress won the Golden Globe Award on the category of "New Star of the Year" for her appearance in the film "Dr. No" in 1964.
In 1995, she was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars in film history".
In 2019, she has honored with CinEuphoria Awards on the category of "Career - Honorary Award".
Ursula Andress Married Life and Relationships
Ursula Andress is currently single. She has previously married, actor and director John Derek. She started dating John Derek in 1955. Јоhn wаѕ а mаrrіеd mаn and father-of-two children. He аbаndоnеd hіѕ wіfе Раtі Веhrѕ јuѕt tо bе wіth Urѕulа Andress. Аftеr dаtіng fоr twо уеаrѕ аnd Јоhn fіnаlіzіng hіѕ dіvоrсе with his wife, Ursula and John gоt mаrrіеd іn Lаѕ Vеgаѕ on February 2, 1957. They separated in 1963 and finalized their divorce two years later.
Before getting married to Derek, Ursula dated Daniel Gelin, Dennis Hopper, and James Dean. She was also in some relationships with Once Before I Die co-star 'Ron Ely', She co-star 'John Richardson' and The 10th Victim co-star 'Marcello Mastroianni'.
Ursula Andress was in a live-in relationship with her "Up to His Ears" co-star Jean-Paul Belmondo from 1965 to 1972. She was also in a live-in relationship with another co-star, Stateline Motel's Fabio Testi from 1973 to 1977. She has also dated Ryan O'Neal, John Delorean, Helmut Berger, Paolo Pazzaglia, Johnny Dorelli, and Franco Nero.
Ursula Andress was in a relationship with American actor Harry Hamlin after meeting on the set of Clash of the Titans in 1979. She got pregnant with him and she gave birth to their son, Dimitri Hamlin, on 19 May 1980. The two broke up in 1983.
In the mid-1980s, Ursula Andress was romantically involved with Brazilian soccer player Paulo Roberto Falcao, actor Gerardo Amato, singer Julio Iglesias, real estate developer Stan Herman, martial arts expert Jeff Speakman, and Greek bodybuilder Mario Natokis.
Ursula Andress Height and Weight
Ursula Andress is 84 years old as of 2020. She stands at a height of 1.65 m (5feet and 5 inches) tall and her body weight is around 70 kg (154 lbs.). Her body measurements are 38-25-35 inches. She wears a bra size of 36B and a shoe size of 9 (US). Her dress size is 6 (US). Her hair color is Blonde and her eye color is Green. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
Ursula Andress Net Worth
Ursula Andress's major income comes from her acting career. She is in the acting field for more than five decades. She has earned most of her wealth by working in films and TV series as an actress. According to 2020, her net worth is estimated to $30 million.