Facts About Val Demings
|Celebrated Name||Val Demings|
|Age||66 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Valdez Venita Demings|
|Place Of Birth||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Mother||Elouise Lora Butler|
|High School||Wolfson High School|
|University||Florida State University|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Criminology|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Political Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Val Demings is an American politician and retired law enforcement officer who serves as the United States Representative from Florida's 10th congressional district. She served as Chief of the Orlando Police Department, the first woman to hold the position. She was the Democratic nominee in both 2012 and 2016 to represent Florida's 10th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives, the latter of which Demings won. On January 15th, 2020, Speaker Nancy Pelosi selected Demings to serve as a manager in the impeachment of President Donald J. Trump. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Val Demings famous for?
- An American politician and retired law enforcement officer.
- A Democratic nominee in both 2012 and 2016 to represent Florida’s 10th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives.
Where is Val Demings born?
Recalling her early life, Deming was born in Jacksonville, Florida to James Butler and Elouise Lora Butler. She was born and raised from a very poor family. Her father worked in orange groves, while her mother was a housekeeper. Though her family had a great plan for Valdeming to have a bright future. Similarly, she is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity.
Where is Val Demings go for education?
Concerning her education details, Demings attended segregated schools in 1960, graduating from Wolfson High School in 1970. She went on and joined Florida State University, where she graduated with a degree in criminology in 1979.
How Val Demings become a politician?
- After graduating from college, Demings worked as a social worker in Jacksonville for 18 months. In 1983, she applied for a job with the Orlando Police Department (OPD), and she began with the department on patrol on Orlando's west side.
- She was appointed as chief of the OPD in December 2007, becoming the first woman to lead the department. As chief, she was credited with reducing violent crime in Orlando. She retired from the position effective June 1st, 2011, after serving with the OPD for 27 years.
- She was the Democratic Party nominee for the United States House of Representatives in Florida's 10th congressional district in the 2012 elections. She faced freshman Republican Daniel Webster in a district that had been made slightly more Republican than its predecessor. She narrowly lost, taking 48 percent of the vote to Webster's 51 percent.
- Democrats attempted to recruit her to run against Webster again in 2014. After considering her options, she decided to run for Mayor of Orange County, Florida, against Teresa Jacobs, instead. She dropped out of the mayoral race on May 20th, 2014.
- She ran again for the 10th district seat after a court-ordered redistricting made the 10th significantly more Democratic ahead of the 2016 elections. She won the Democratic Party nomination on August 30th and won the general election with 65% of the vote.
- She is only the third Democrat ever to win this Orlando-based district since its creation in 1973 (it was numbered as the 5th from 1973 to 1993, the 8th from 1993 to 2013, and has been the 10th since 2013).
- In her 2018 reelection campaign, Demings was unopposed for a second term.
- On January 15th, 2020, She was selected as one of seven impeachment managers who will present the impeachment case against President Donald Trump during his trial before the United States Senate.
Is Val Demings married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Demings was married to Jerry Demings, a law enforcement officer and politician who is serving as Mayor of Orange County, Florida, since 2018. The two met on a Patrol duty in OPD and they married in 1988 and they were blessed with three children. Presently, the pair live a blissful life with their kids.
How much is Val Demings's worth?
Demings is an American law enforcement officer and politician who has an estimated net worth of $5 million at present. She has a large amount of income which she has generates from her investments. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Val Demings?
Observing her body physics, Demings stands a decent height and weight with brown eyes and black hair color. Apart from these, her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Val Demings You Need To Know.
- On January 15th, 2020, Speaker Nancy Pelosi selected Demings to serve as a manager in the impeachment of President Donald J. Trump.