Valentina Sampaio - Bio, Net Worth, Valentina, Model, Transgender, Trans, Transgender Model, Before, Surgery, Victoria Secret, Nationality, Age, Wiki
Hope for every model, Valentina Sampaio is a success-story personified. The Brazilian personality started as a model from humble beginnings amid adversities being a transgender woman. However, Sampaio never gave up on her dreams and worked with perseverance. As a result, she skyrocketed to fame being the first transgender woman ever to walk for the giant lingerie company, Victoria’s Secret. Here is everything you can find about the model.
Valentina Sampaio Victoria Secret
On August 5, 2019, it was confirmed that Victoria’s Secret had hired model Valentina Sampaio for a campaign, to be released in mid-August, for its PINK line. Valentina’s agent, Erio Zanon, confirmed the news to CNN.
Valentina’s manager Erio Zanon told E! News that the campaign is “amazing and groundbreaking…She is super happy and proud to represent all her community.” He continued, “She hopes this opportunity shall be another step to break barriers.”
On August 1, Valentina posted a behind-the-scenes photo of herself on her Instagram account tagging Victoria’s Secret account in the post and using the hashtags, “#vspink #campaign #representatividade #diversity #beauty #selfie #model.”
On August 2, she posted a video of herself with the caption “Never stop dreaming genteel” and hashtags including #staytuned, #vspink and #diversity.
After Valentina posted her Instagram from the campaign shoot, transgender actress Laverne Cox wrote, “Wow finally!” Victoria’s Secret Angel Lais Ribeiro, a fellow Brazilian, commented with five clapping emojis and also tweeted: “The first transgender to shoot with Vs! This makes me so happy!”
Where is Valentina Sampaio born?
Recalling her early life, Valentina was born as a male in the city of Aquiraz, Ceara. She belongs to birth sign Sagittarius and holds Brazilian nationality and mixed ethnicity.
However, Valentina’s parents’ identity remains confined. But, she has disclosed that her mother works as a teacher and father works as a fisherman. Raised in the fishing village, she found herself being intimidated with girly things. So much so, that her mother took her to a psychologist when she was at the age of 8. On the interview with Dailymail, she detailed, ‘At age eight, my mother took me to a psychologist. At that time, I already loved being around girls. I felt like one of them, and I had a collection of dolls,’
Eventually, at the age of 10, she changed her name to Valentina. Sampaio initially studied architecture in Fortaleza, but she dropped out at 16 to study at a fashion college. Apart from her supportive parents in her family, she also has a younger sister.
When did Valentina Sampaio pursue her career as a model?
- Talking about her career, Sampaio was studying fashion when she was discovered by makeup artist. later, she signed with a modeling agency in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Similarly, she appeared on the covers of French Vogue, Vogue Brasil, Elle Mexico, Ella Brasil, Vanity Fair Italia, L'officiel Turkiye, and among others. Additionally, She also worked with major brands like Philipp Plein, Pollini, Moschino, L'Oreal, and among others.
- In November 2016, she first walked her first runway at São Paulo Fashion Week. Soon after, L'Oréal made a short film about Sampaio, which they released on International Women's Day, and later the company made her one of the company's brands ambassadors.
- In February 2017, Sampaio received international media attention after appearing on the cover of Vogue Paris and becoming the first transgender model to appear on the magazine's cover.
- Later that year, she also appeared the covers of Vogue Brasil and Vogue Germany. She is the first openly transgender woman to be featured on both magazines' covers as well.
- In 2018, she was photographed on her way to the casting of the 2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show but she was not hired. On July 2019, Valentina acquired what seemed an unapproachable dream to every transgender models. She created history; Valentina became the first transgender person to grace the ramp of Victoria Secret’s campaign.
- The model first shared the happy news via her Instagram post on 1st August 2019. She revealed a picture from the backstage of the VS show. Being a guiding light of inspiration for all who dream of being a Victoria secret’s model, Valentina also professed happiness of her feat via her twitter on 3rd August 2019. In her own words, “The first transgender to shoot with Vs! This makes me so happy”
Is Valentina Sampaio dating someone?
Reflecting her personal life, Valentina Sampaio is a Brazilian Transgender model, who is enjoying her life by developing her career. Whereas speaking about her dating life, she is single at the moment. There is not a single record available regarding her past and present affairs. She sees to be happy with her single life.
How much net worth does Valentina Sampaio own?
The 22-year-old model has worked in several modeling industries within a short time. Not only has she earned attention but, has collected net worth over thousands of dollar from her profession.
As per online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $1.2 million as of 2019. However, her salary is yet to be revealed.
How tall is Valentina Sampaio?
Observing her body physics, Valentina Sampaio stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has a slim body with the body measurements of 33-25-34 inches and her bra size is 32A. Similarly, She has a pair of green eyes and brown hair color. Further, she used to wear 2 (US) size of dress and 10 (US) size of shoes.