Facts About Valentino Rossi
|Celebrated Name||Valentino Rossi|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Rossifumi, Valentinik, The Doctor, Highlighter Pen|
|Birth Name||Valentino Rossi|
|Famous For||Considered one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time|
|Brothers||Luca Marini (Half-Brother)|
|First Award||1997 World Championship in 125 cc|
|Awards Won||6 MotoGP championships and 9 Grand Prix World Championships|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||165.5 lbs (75 kg)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Girlfriend||Francesca Sofia Novello|
|Source of Wealth||Bike Racing (contracts, salaries, prize money, endorsements, sponsorships)|
|Net Worth||$200 million|
Valentino Rossi is an Italian professional motorcycle road racer. Rossi is considered one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time. He is a six-time MotoGP World Champion and nine-time Grand Prix World Champion. He has won championship titles in 5 different classes (125cc, 250cc, 500cc, 800cc, 990cc) and holds the record for the longest winning career with 20 years and 211 days. To date, he has made podium 235 times, finishing in the first place 115 times, second place 65 times and third place 53 times. He raced for Aprilia, Yamaha, and Ducati. He has raced in 21 countries so far and was one of the highest-paid athletes in the world during his prime. The Italian racer Rossi dubbed the G.O.A.T. announced to retire from racing at the end of the 2021 season.
What is Valentino Rossi Famous For?
- Considered one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time.
Where is Valentino Rossi From?
Valentino Rossi was born on 16 February 1979. His birth place is in Urbino, Marche in Italy. He holds Italian nationality. He was born to his father, Graziano Rossi, and his mother, Stefania. The family moved to Tavullia when he was a child. He is a practicing Catholic. He has a maternal half-brother, Luca Marini. His brother Luca is also a rider who raced for the Sky Racing Team by VR46 and was the 2020 Moto2 season runner-up. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Valentino Rossi Career
- Rossi was very young when he started racing.
- His first racing interest was karting.
- His father bought him a 100cc national kart motor. He was only 5-years old at the time.
- He won the regional championship in 1990.
- He then took up minimoto and won numerous regional races.
- He finished fifth at the national kart championships in Parma.
- He competed in the 125 cc Italian Sport Production Championship in 1993. The following year he raced with a prototype called Sandroni.
- He switched to Aprilia in 1995 and won the Italian 125 cc Championships. He was third in the European Championship.
- He made his Grand Prix debut in the 1996 championship season.
- He made his first Grand Prix podium at the 1996 Austrian Grand Prix. He made third place.
- He recorded his first ever race victory in the 125 cc class on an AGV Aprilia RS125R.
- He finished his first season in 9th place.
- He moved from the AGV team to the official Nastro Azzurro Aprilia Team in 1997.
- He won 11 of the 15 races in the 1997 season.
- He moved up to the 250 cc class in 1998.
- He finished the 1998 season finishing in second place.
- He finished the 1999 season in first place with 309 points and won his first 250 cc world championship title and his second title overall.
- He then moved up to the 500 cc class in 2000. Retired five-time 500cc World Champion Mick Doohan as his personal mentor at Honda.
- It took him nine races before he won his first 500 cc race.
- He finished his first 500 cc season in second place with 209 points.
- He recorded 11 wins in the 2001 season and became 500 cc world champion finished first with 325 points.
- He is the first Italian rider to win the Suzuka 8 Hours endurance race.
- The 990 cc four-stroke bikes were introduced.
- He won the inaugural MotoGP World Championship in 2002 after winning 11 races. It was his fourth world championship overall.
- He won his second MotoGP title, his fifth title overall at the end of the 2003 season.
- He signed a two-year contract with Yamaha in 2004 reportedly worth in excess of US $12 million. He was speculated to sign with Ducati.
- He won his third MotoGP and sixth overall championship with 304 points in the 2004 season.
- He captured his fourth MotoGP and seventh overall championship in the 2005 season with 367 points.
- He missed the 2006 championship title after retiring several races.
- He finished in third place with 241 points in the 2007 season.
- He returned to the world championship title after he finished first in the 2008 season with 273 points. It was his fifth MotoGP and eighth overall championship title.
- He won his sixth MotoGP and 9th overall world championship title in the 2009 season with 306 points.
- Rossi finished third overall in the 2010 season with 233 points.
- He left Yamaha to sign a two-year deal with Ducati in 2011.
- He finished the 2011 season in seventh place with 139 points. It was his first winless season in his Grand Prix career.
- He finished his second season with Ducati in 6th place with 163 points.
- With his poor results with the Ducati team, he returned to Yamaha.
- His first season after returning to Yamaha saw him finishing in fourth place overall with 237 points.
- He improved his performance in the 2014 season finishing second in the championship with 295 points.
- Rossi once again finished second in the championship behind Jorge Lorenzo in the 2015 season.
- He finished the 2016 season in second place with 249 points.
- He finished the 2017 season in fifth place in the championship with 208 points.
- He finished third in the championship with 198 points in the 2018 season. It was his first winless season with Team Yamaha.
- He finished the 2019 season in seventh place in the championship with 174 points.
- He joined Petronas Yamaha SRT for the 2021 season.
- He announced to retire from MotoGP at the end of the 2021 season.
- Besides bike racing, he has an interest in Formula One career. He tested the Ferrari Formula One car in 2006. Michael Schumacher hailed Rossi's performance and stated that he is capable of moving to Formula One.
- He also has a strong passion for rallying. One of his heroes was WRC Champion Colin McRae who taught him the basics of driving a rally car. He competed in several rallies.
- He was given a special test of Kyle Busch's NASCAR Nationwide Series stock car at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2013.
- He competed in the 2019 Gulf 12 Hour at Yas Marina Circuit.
- He competed in the Bahrain 12 Hour at the Bahrain International Circuit in 2021.
Who is Valentino Rossi Wife?
Valentino Rossi is not married. However, he is not single. The veteran racer is dating Francesca Sofia Novello. The couple has been together since 2017. He has previously dated several women in the past, most notably Linda Morselli. He dated Morselli from 2007 to 2016. He was also romantically linked with Martina Stella, Maddalena Corvaglia, Arianna Matteuzzi, Mandala Tayde, and Aura Rolenzetti. More details about his personal life and relationship history will be updated here.
He lives in Tavullia, Pesaro e Urbino.
How Tall is Valentino Rossi?
Valentino Rossi stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 165.5 lbs i.e. 75 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is light brown. He has curly hair. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Valentino Rossi Net Worth?
Valentino Rossi is one of the highest-earning sports personalities. One of the most successful racers, Rossi has made his fortune out of his professional racing career. He earned an estimated $34 million in 2007 and an estimated $35 million in 2008. Besides winning prize money, he earns from sponsorships and endorsement deals.
Rossi wears helmets manufactured by AGV. He wears leathers from Dainese. Alpinestars sponsored his racing boots. While racing for Ducati, he wore shirts from Puma. He was sponsored by the oil company, Repsol. Due to his association with Repsol, he received threats from an Italian-Spanish anarchist movement. He has also appeared in television commercials for several brands. He is the owner of the junior-class team Sky Racing Team by VR46. It debuted in the Moto3 category of Grand Prix motorcycle racing in 2014. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated at around $200 million.
Trivias About Valentino Rossi You Need To Know.
- He is also the only road racer to have competed in 400 or more Grands Prix.
- He has ridden with number 46 his entire career.
- Throughout the 1997 season, he dressed up as Robin Hood and carried a blow-up doll on a few occasions.
- He contracted COVID-19 during the pandemic and missed several races.
- He had rivalries with Loris Capirossi, Max biaggi, Sete Gibernau, Casey Stoner, Jorge Lorenzo, and Marc Marquez.
- Growing up, he was a big fan of Japanese rider, Norifumi Abe.
- His nickname "Rossifumi" was tribute to Japanese rider, Norifumi Abe.
- His nickname "Valentinik" comes from the comic of Donald Duck.
- His nickname "Highlighter Pen" comes from his favorite fluorescent yellow color into his leather designs.
- The text on his helmet's visors refers to the name of his group of friends.
- The letters WLF on his leathers stand for "Viva La Figa", Italian for "Long Live Pussy".
- In March 2010, the Italian minister Franco Frattini government awarded Rossi the first Winning Italy Award for the image he portrays of his country on an international level.
- He swap rides with six-time F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton at Circuit Ricardo Tormo in 2019.
- He is supertitious. He will always watch the beginning of the Moto3 race to see how long the starting lights remain lit before going out at the start of the race.
- He will start his personal ritual by stopping about two meters from his bike, bending over, and reaching for his boots.
- He will crouch down and hold the right-side foot-peg, with his head bowed.
- He always puts one particular boot on before the other, as well as one particular glove on before the other.
- He always gets on the bike the same way and gets off the bike in the same way, swinging his right leg over the front of the bike.
- He received an honorary degree in Communications and Advertising for Organizations in 2005.
- He paid 35 million euros settlement for charges of tax evasion by the Italian tax authorities.
- He has a video game, Valentino Rossi: The Game.
- He is a fan of football club, Inter Milan.
- He is fan of Diego Maradona.