Valerie Bertinelli - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Weight, Facts, Wiki
Valerie Bertinelli is an American actress and author. She started acting as a young teenager and over the years, evolved into a seasoned character actress. Her friendship with the daughter of a TV producer when she was a little girl imbibed in her a love for the show business and she decided to pursue acting professionally.
With her confident poise and good acting skills, she created a niche for herself soon and became a much sought-after television personality. Also known for her tumultuous personal life and struggles with substance abuse, she worked hard to reclaim her life and emerge a winner. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Valerie Bertinelli famous for?
- An American actress and television personality.
- Her roles as Barbara Cooper Royer on the sitcom One Day at a Time (1975–84), Gloria.
Where is Valerie Bertinelli from?
Recalling his early life, Valerie was born in Wilmington, Delaware, the United States to parents Andy Bertinelli and Nancy Bertinelli as Valerie Anne Bertinelli. She has siblings namely, Patrick Bertinelli, Drew Bertinelli, Mark Bertinelli, and David Bertinelli. She belongs to American nationality and mixed (Italian- English) ethnicity. Her birth sign is Taurus.
Where is Valerie Bertinelli go for education?
Talking about her education and academic achievements, she attended Clarkston Middle School. Then, she attended Granada Hills High School.
When did Valerie Bertinelli pursue her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Valerie begins her acting career in 1974 when she worked in an episode of the television series Apple’s Way. She also appeared in two situation comedies as well, Sydney and Cafe Americain.
- During 2001, she also joined the Touched by an Angel cast for the show’s last two seasons.
- Moreover, she is also a popular author. During 2008, she also released her autobiography Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time. In 2012, she came up with her book titled One Dish at a Time.
- From 2010 to 2015, she starred in the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland, alongside Betty White, Wendie Malick and Jane Leeves. After a successful six-season run, the show's final episode aired on June 3, 2015.
- In 2014, she appeared on the genealogy documentary series Who Do You Think You Are.
- As of now, she hosts a food show Kids Baking Championship which airs on Food Network.
What are the achievements of Valerie Bertinelli?
Talking about her achievements, Valerie garnered the Golden Globe Awards in 1983, TV Land Award in 1979. Additionally, she has received won the award two times, she won Golden Globe Awards for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television for One Day at a Time (1975). Further, in August 2012, she received a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Who is Valerie Bertinelli married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Valerie married Eddie Van Halen on April 11th, 1981, the couple shared a son named, Wolfgang Van Halen. But their marriage didn’t go well so they decided to separate in 2001. Their divorce was finalized in 2007.
She started dating financial planner, Tom Vitale in 2004. They got engaged in 2010 and tied the knot to each other on 1 January 2011. They do not have any children together but she became stepmother to Vitale's four children from his previous marriage.
Who is Tom Vitale? Why Did Valerie Bertinelli and Tom Vitale Divorce?
Bertinelli separated from Vitale in 2019 and filed for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences" in November 2021. Their divorce was finalized in May 2022.
Previously, She dated actor Scott Colomby in the late seventies. They were in a relationship for about two and a half years. Later, She dated Steven Spielberg in1980, but the relationship didn’t go well so they broke up. Additionally, she dated Dirk Benedict, but they broke up.
How much is Valerie Bertinelli's worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Valerie earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession as an actress and TV personality. She has starred in numerous television shows, either as an actress or a presenter. She is paid a handsome salary for her work. The majority of her income comes from her career in the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her net worth is estimated at $20 million at present.
How tall is Valerie Bertinelli?
Observing her body physics, Valerie stands a height of 5 feet 4½ inches and weighs around 59 Kg. Similarly, she has an athletic body with a body measurement of 37-25-36 inches. She wears 34C bra size and 6 (US) dress sizes. Further, her eyes are dark brown and hair is light brown.
Trivias About Valerie Bertinelli You Need To Know.
- She turned down several feature film roles in the 1980s because of gratuitous nudity.
- She tried out for the role of "Iris" in Taxi Driver (1976) but lost out to Jodie Foster.